Yinz Hooligan
    Yinz Hooligan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

texans backers....

please post why you think the texans will win this game vs the pats...i just dont see it.

Tony Truong
    Update your status
    Tony Truong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2782

Quote Originally Posted by Yinz Hooligan View Post
    please post why you think the texans will win this game vs the pats...i just dont see it.
    Who was post the Texans win this game ? And if you dont see it. So take the Patriots . Good luck guy ! !

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the Texans will win because I think the Foster has a big day and that's key. Keeps the pats off the field, sets up their play action, and keeps the defense fresh. People wanna point to the close win vs Jacksonville and Ill agree the pass D needs to pick it up, but anything happens in divisional games. The Pats were in OT with the jets and the bills game they could've easily lost.

Joseph being in the lineup is big as he's a premier corner and will shut his man down. The absence of Edlmem and Gronkowski will be felt tonight. Texans have the perfect recipe to win on the road, run game and defense.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1878

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals28 View Post
    I think the Texans will win because I think the Foster has a big day and that's key. Keeps the pats off the field, sets up their play action, and keeps the defense fresh. People wanna point to the close win vs Jacksonville and Ill agree the pass D needs to pick it up, but anything happens in divisional games. The Pats were in OT with the jets and the bills game they could've easily lost.

Joseph being in the lineup is big as he's a premier corner and will shut his man down. The absence of Edlmem and Gronkowski will be felt tonight. Texans have the perfect recipe to win on the road, run game and defense.
    That's great and all except Houston's running game is below average and their defense is only 3 points better than the Pats.

Pats actually have a better running game than Houston.

Yinz Hooligan
    Yinz Hooligan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Truong View Post
    Who was post the Texans win this game ? And if you dont see it. So take the Patriots . Good luck guy ! !

Pats ML

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Looking at their past 3 games (and I think their opp. are reasonably comparable) I can't help but be key in with NE scoring offense and scoring defense numbers. I think HOU +6 is probably the right call with NE winning by a FG but the big risk is Brady starts really rolling and they get up by 10 or so. Then I think HOU is really stuck as they don't have anywhere near the explosive scoring power of NE and are used to chewing up the clock. HOU got into a run and gun with DET that they barely squeaked out of and DET's defense is not up to NE's. Probably a non-game for me but good luck all.

bigsmitty

Pats moneyline return is so not worth even betting but I know you're thinking it addresses my main concerns above. Save your dough for a better wager.

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    That's great and all except Houston's running game is below average and their defense is only 3 points better than the Pats.

Nobody believes New England has a better run game. Texans D is better. I've said why I think they win, I was just answering the question. We'll see in about 2 hours.

BMoreBird
    Update your status
    BMoreBird's Avatar Become A Pro!

i would like to see the texans win, and definitely see it as being a possibility...

new england has a pretty solid defense now, they've made some adjustments throughout the year. so do the texans.
    the weather conditions are rainy and windy. i see a lot of running in this game (which means less big plays and more clock run off)

texans+11/under 56 teaser. gl

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Nobody believes New England has a better run game. Texans D is better. I've said why I think they win, I was just answering the question. We'll see in about 2 hours.
    actually bro hou run gm has been falling off quite a bit, foster been really struggling avg less than 4 ypc and pats run d is beyond solid..i think hou can win but they are gonna have to come out selling heavy run action and take some deep shots early to johnson and work middle with daniels, if they can get pats thinking about the run action passes then the run gm should open up but they have to use the pass to set up the run in this one imo, if they just come out trying to pound the ball they gonna get in a hole fast cause the d struggling when they get spread out and id imagine pats spread them out and run a lot of plays to try and wear down their front, id expect lot of this early with woodhead in gm instead of pats run look with ridley..to me this gm is a race to get a lead and then you will see that team start going with a little more power running later on..i think it a tough gm far as side goes..

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

HOU wins. Take the ML it has good value.

WAR BUCKS
    WAR BUCKS's Avatar Become A Pro!

noooo way i can pass up +210 on texans ML that wuld be just crazy theres as solid of a all around team as u got in the league

bigsmitty

Quote Originally Posted by WAR BUCKS View Post
    noooo way i can pass up +210 on texans ML that wuld be just crazy theres as solid of a all around team as u got in the league
    They are one of the best in the league no doubt but I think their usual time of poss and style of play will actually work against them against NE.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

Pats do have a more efficient running game, but Houston's is not below average. #advancedstats

and if we want to get into strengths and weaknesses, Pats fans won't want to talk about their defense.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmitty View Post
    They are one of the best in the league no doubt but I think their usual time of poss and style of play will actually work against them against NE.
    they have to come out and use the pass to set up the run, then it can work,,if they come out trying to run early instead of stretching pats d i think they get down quick as pats run d is good and just dont think hou gonna come out and run all over them, but if they smart they use that run action and attack with johnson and daniels early then they will have lbs and safeties hesitating to help in the run gm..

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1878

What's the score say?