meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I just think the Lions will play desperate right from the getgo after that loss to GB. Look at Det's losses this year. All close. Houston looked terrible against the Jags and if Wade Phillips thinks that his "lockdown" corner in Jonathon Joseph is gonna guard Calvin Johnson 1 on 1.....well good luck with that.
    Don't need a lockdown CB on CJ when Stafford can't get him the ball half the time.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    And teams don't do that against AP and Gore?
    So you are saying Houston has no QB and WR's that anyone respects.
    Did they not do that the previous years?

Houston plays all cup cakes most of the year too. He's been absolutely horrible.
    Only people are so blinded because he gets so many carries.
    I'm not sure man. I've seen him play and the guy can do everything. He's the best receiving back imo maybe just him and mccoy up there. He's really big, so he can block, he's a goal line guy, he finishes runs. Foster is fukkin good man. Actually he's great. Who's better than Foster besides AP and maybe Mccoy? You gonna say Mccoy sucks too because he's having a shit year? If you give Mccoy Frank Gore's O line he would break 2,000 yards.

coitus_maximus
    coitus_maximus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4080

look close at Det losses. They have been gouged by the run and turnovers. TO of +8 vs. -7. Stafford can beat Houston if having a perfect game, but don't see that happening. AP has destroyed Det twice, and so has Forte. GB beat Det due to 4 TO's. Det should of won but shot themselves in the foot. Hou very balanced, Det knows they cannot go 4-7 for season. Will play hard but I think they can't stop run well and will have a turnover or so. Hou pressure which they do well will force Stafford a TO or 2.

Hou by 4 IMO

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

k13,

This is Fosters worst year, if you think he's medicore you have no idea what your talking about.

2009: 4.8 AP (4.4) Gore (4.9)
    2010: 4.9 AP (4.6) Gore (4.2)
    2011: 4.4 AP (4.7) Gore (4.3)

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

I'm not sure man. I've seen him play and the guy can do everything. He's the best receiving back imo maybe just him and mccoy up there. He's really big, so he can block, he's a goal line guy, he finishes runs. Foster is fukkin good man. Actually he's great. Who's better than Foster besides AP and maybe Mccoy? You gonna say Mccoy sucks too because he's having a shit year? If you give Mccoy Frank Gore's O line he would break 2,000 yards.
    Remember Steve Slaton, Dominick Davis. All these guys are just plug and play. Even better receivers than Foster.

How is Gore's O line that great? They give up a lot of sacks, block decent but not great.
    Houston is the one that was supposed to have a great line.

You have Lynch, Ridley, Charles, CJ, etc.

Give Jamaal Charles a good team with a good O line and 350 carries and what number does he put up?

Remember LJ and Priest Holmes. Getting 27 td's, 20 td's, so many yards. So easy. Where they that ELITE?

k13

Quote Originally Posted by Deol View Post
    k13,

This is Fosters worst year, if you think he's medicore you have no idea what your talking about.

2009: 4.8 AP (4.4) Gore (4.9)
    2010: 4.9 AP (4.6) Gore (4.2)
    2011: 4.4 AP (4.7) Gore (4.3)
    We are talking about this this year.
    He plays in the easiest division with crappy Run defenses. Cup cake schedule every year.
    In a few years he'll be broken down and finished from all the carries.
    You can put Ben Tate back there, he'll do the same if not better. Fact.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Remember Steve Slaton, Dominick Davis. All these guys are just plug and play. Even better receivers than Foster.

How is Gore's O line that great? They give up a lot of sacks, block decent but not great.
    Houston is the one that was supposed to have a great line.

You have Lynch, Ridley, Charles, CJ, etc.

Give Jamaal Charles a good team with a good O line and 350 carries and what number does he put up?

Remember LJ and Priest Holmes. Getting 27 td's, 20 td's, so many yards. So easy. Where they that ELITE?
    Slaton had 1 good year. Foster is playing consistent football for a while now. Priest Holmes was really good. Larry Johnson was good not elite. Did Larry Johnson really get 27 tds? The only running back I consider elite during that time period was tomlinson. if you ask me today who is elite i'm only saying peterson for now.

But look at Foster's body compared to the other guys your naming. In the best shape out of Lynch Charles CJ for sure. Ridley doesn't deserve to be mentioned at this point. Charles is good but Foster is a more complete back than him. Chris Johnson is overrated. He can't carry a team on his back like Barry Sanders did or Tomlinson did.

k13

Right now Foster can be put in the same category as Turner, Sjax, Richardson, Greene, etc.

Go look at at some advanced RB stats instead of being Fantasy jerk offs.

Foster is 43rd overall.

k13

At least he's not as bad as BJE and McFadden.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

goat what is the play?

goat i need a fukkin winner on thanksgiving.

goat i have never had a winning thanksgiving day

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

When your team is constantly blowing teams out, you and they both know you'll be running the ball to keep the clock running. Seems pretty obvious that a RB would be getting a yard or two per carry. Who leads the league in TDs?

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Even if you're right, professional sports teams don't think this way. It's not college. These guys get paid big money to perform. They have a never-quit mentality. They will fight no matter what 'til the end even if it's a good chance they know they're going to lose.
    i cant believe you actually think that - to me its the exact opposite. the college kids dont quit and the super rich pro athletes take games off......i know you hate college sports, so im not expecting to change your mind on this...

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

Quote Originally Posted by double View Post
    And it'll be 10 years in row. Texans will win this one by 7+
    Don't let the slip up against Jags fool you.

Parlay on Texans and Cowboys. Romo is 5-0 on Turkey Day.
    He's also undefeated at home in November

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    goat what is the play?

goat i need a fukkin winner on thanksgiving.

goat i have never had a winning thanksgiving day
    Rudy I have no fukkin clue. Put the Patriots in a teaser with something.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I'm sleeping through this one. I wanna take the Lions and think they win but I know I'll be pissed in the first 5 minutes when Stafford misses a wide open receiver. They fcked me last week and not gonna let it happen again.

haserfauld
    haserfauld's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

3-team 10.5-point teaser for fun:

Det +14
    Dal +7.5
    Pats +3.5

Square cityyyyy here I come

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

K13 I love you man but you're out to lunch on this one. Arian is an absolute beast, top 3 rb in the nfl. Guy has no weakness in his game.

BabyMatrix27
    BabyMatrix27's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by daimoshokage View Post
    Detshit Lions

This is the best XMAS gift ever. Where can I find them at? lol

shooms79
    shooms79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2198

^^^this

dmtrader
    dmtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    K13 I love you man but you're out to lunch on this one. Arian is an absolute beast, top 3 rb in the nfl. Guy has no weakness in his game.
    And look at how Adrian Peterson mauled the Lions

numbers be damned - the Lions are just not a good team against the run
    Foster runs all over the Lions

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I'm sleeping through this one. I wanna take the Lions and think they win but I know I'll be pissed in the first 5 minutes when Stafford misses a wide open receiver. They fcked me last week and not gonna let it happen again.
    I lied, I'm gonna do it again. Damn Lions, one time.

Eagles27
    Eagles27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I took the Lions for the mere fact that everyone is on the Texans. Losing streak has to end sometime, tomorrow seems like a good as day as any. Houston is traveling on a short week after playing a tough game. Detroit staying put, I like detroits chances, but wouldn't be surprised if they shit themselves either lol

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Even if you're right, professional sports teams don't think this way. It's not college. These guys get paid big money to perform. They have a never-quit mentality. They will fight no matter what 'til the end even if it's a good chance they know they're going to lose.
    i think you just love sucking on detroits cawk. professionals mail games in all the time. fight no matter what??...lol, do you even have a clue as to what you're talking about kid?

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

so anyway...just curious..about the title to this thread and Sunde saying Lions ML is a lock.

why is it going to be any different this year? could have posted this year before, and the year before that, and the year before that, ect...

BMoreBird
    Update your status
    BMoreBird's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'm on lions+3.5 for two reason, theyre a home dog in a huge game, and everyone and their mom is on houston.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Quote Originally Posted by BMoreBird View Post
    i'm on lions+3.5 for two reason, theyre a home dog in a huge game, and everyone and their mom is on houston.
    yeah but this has been the same trend for Detroit games the last fkn 10 years and public always wins. ]

anyway I invested in Detroit in 10 pt teases. just curious as why ppl thing the trend will buck today

BMoreBird
    Update your status
    BMoreBird's Avatar Become A Pro!

i put a parlay in at like 3am last night, det+3.5, dallas-3, NE -7..... i was halfway asleep when i did it.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Titus Young suspended...Watt hunting down Stafford all day...Arian Foster pounding on that Lions defense....Kareem Jackson with a pick 6 today....31-17 Houston

superblaaze
    superblaaze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

there are factors no one is considered here. The first is a major one and involves short rest.

Both teams played on Sunday and this is the early game played on Thursday.

The Lions played at home last week and remain at home for this game.

The Texans have travel time involved so this certainly factors as advantage Lions.

Also the Lions are coming off a close game loss, where the Texans are coming off a hard fought OT win in a game they was a heavy favorite in but it took them to the 13th minute of overtime to win.

That’s a lot of extra wear on the Texans.

If played on Sunday with a weeks rest, I would be all over Texans but here the home dog is the play and the books know it thats why you see them juicing the +3.5

brewersMKE
    brewersMKE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    In fact all DD losses

Lions ML
    The lions are terrible this year, and if stats show they lost by DD every year how does that mean to pick them this year when they are garbage.

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Quote Originally Posted by superblaaze View Post
    there are factors no one is considered here. The first is a major one and involves short rest.

Both teams played on Sunday and this is the early game played on Thursday.

The Lions played at home last week and remain at home for this game.

The Texans have travel time involved so this certainly factors as advantage Lions.

Also the Lions are coming off a close game loss, where the Texans are coming off a hard fought OT win in a game they was a heavy favorite in but it took them to the 13th minute of overtime to win.

That’s a lot of extra wear on the Texans.

If played on Sunday with a weeks rest, I would be all over Texans but here the home dog is the play and the books know it thats why you see them juicing the +3.5
    This is the only reason the line is what it is and it is a gift. Be glad about what happened in Houston on Sunday and open your fukkin Christmas present early. And Lions +3.5 is currently -110 at 5Dimes, I got on Houston at -3.5 +100.

SDubb
    SDubb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

The only running back I consider elite during that time period was tomlinson.
    If you don't think Priest was elite, you are either an idiot or too young to realize how good he was. And for the record, I think Foster is in the top 5 RBs in the league.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    i think you just love sucking on detroits cawk. professionals mail games in all the time. fight no matter what??...lol, do you even have a clue as to what you're talking about kid?
    go watch a college basketball game

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Megatron

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

looks like todays the day

First 123 Last