SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

In game wagering on NFL

The other day a friend of mine noticed that one of the local sports books offers in-game wagering.

It happens very quickly though and usually only during commercial breaks.

My buddy had San Diego -5.5. During the game however, the book offered San Diego -12.

With that in mind, he could have bought the other side at +12 and had a pretty sweet middle on 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11.

Can middling get any easier???

On the Monday night games, the line often steams pretty hard because people are trying to make up for their losses on Sunday. So if you captured a good number when the line opened it could be easy to snag a juicy middle with in-game wagering.

I'm guessing this is not a new concept, but I don't see many folks taking about it.

Thoughts?

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

Its just LIVE betting that goes on almost everyday. Everyone does it. Definitely not a good way to win but it can payoff. I'm sure the Broncos in that game were at one point +23.5 when they were down 24pts at the half. Of course you only have like less than a minute to make a decision to bet the line or not.

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by tokio View Post
    Its just LIVE betting that goes on almost everyday. Everyone does it. Definitely not a good way to win but it can payoff. I'm sure the Broncos in that game were at one point +23.5 when they were down 24pts at the half. Of course you only have like less than a minute to make a decision to bet the line or not.
    If the goal is to capture a good middle, then I think it's definitely low-risk high-reward.

If the middle doesn't hit then all you lose out on is a little juice.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Much easier to take the underdog and hope they take a lead. Then bet the other side on the moneyline for a guaranteed profit. Not rocket science.

SteveRyan

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    Much easier to take the underdog and hope they take a lead. Then bet the other side on the moneyline for a guaranteed profit. Not rocket science.
    But in order to make that work, wont you have to do some quick calculations on how much to lay on the other side based upon the money-line odds?

For example, you take the dog for $110 at -110.

After the dog takes a lead, the other side is offered at +160.

So, how much do you lay on the other side in order to guarantee profit??

If you lay $110 at +160 and the dog wins, you lose $10.

If the other side wins, your up $66.

Might take ya a few minutes to figure out that an $85 bet at +160 will guarantee you a minimum $1 profit.....max $25.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRyan View Post
    But in order to make that work, wont you have to do some quick calculations on how much to lay on the other side based upon the money-line odds?

For example, you take the dog for $110 at -110.

After the dog takes a lead, the other side is offered at +160.

So, how much do you lay on the other side in order to guarantee profit??

If you lay $110 at +160 and the dog wins, you lose $10.

If the other side wins, your up $66.

Might take ya a few minutes to figure out that an $85 bet at +160 will guarantee you a minimum $1 profit.....max $25.
    No, you'd take the dog on the moneyline to start the game.

Arbitrage Calculator

A lot of people do this. It's called scalping or Arbing, as in arbitrage. Some books don't like this type of action. Others don't seem to care.

Eagles27
    Eagles27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

The other day a friend of mine noticed that one of the local sports books offers in-game wagering.

It happens very quickly though and usually only during commercial breaks.

My buddy had San Diego -5.5. During the game however, the book offered San Diego -12.

With that in mind, he could have bought the other side at +12 and had a pretty sweet middle on 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11.

Can middling get any easier???

On the Monday night games, the line often steams pretty hard because people are trying to make up for their losses on Sunday. So if you captured a good number when the line opened it could be easy to snag a juicy middle with in-game wagering.

I'm guessing this is not a new concept, but I don't see many folks taking about it.

Thoughts?
    I only do in game betting when I am up for the day and even then I regret because I almost always get it wrong.

SteveRyan

My buddy has been hitting these middles since I posted this thread.

He got Buffalo at -2.5 before the game started, then snagged Miami at +7/-105 in the middle of the game.

You have to act quick when these lines pop up. The book only offers them briefly during a commercial break.

Timmay
    Timmay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6751

My buddy has been hitting these middles since I posted this thread.

He got Buffalo at -2.5 before the game started, then snagged Miami at +7/-105 in the middle of the game.

You have to act quick when these lines pop up. The book only offers them briefly during a commercial break.

Sounds fun. I think you have to lay heavy juice on those. It's nice to middle and freeroll