JZAL12
    JZAL12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1631

Who suffers more with a backup QB? Running back or wide receivers?

Title says it all -- been pondering this question for quite some time.

Wide receivers obviously take a hit because a less talented player is throwing them the pigskin. However the less obvious result is the fact that defenses will be more willing to put 8-9 in the box and force the backup to throw.

Based on your observations, who takes more of a hit?

I realize that this is dependent on coaching, schemes, etc but just wanted to get everyone's generalized opinion.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

All things being equal it has to be the WRs. Anyone who plays fantasy football knows a WR production is largely dependent on the QB.

That said, I think the O-line is more important. If a line can pass protect/block, both WR and RB can thrive regardless of the QB.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Two words..... Larry Fitzgerald. Guy is probably the best in the league. Has to deal with Kolb and Skelton.

JZAL12
    JZAL12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1631

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Two words..... Larry Fitzgerald. Guy is probably the best in the league. Has to deal with Kolb and Skelton.
    I hear ya meader, but the Cardinals are ranked dead last in the NFL in rushing, with just 686 yards on the season. It's easy for teams just to load the box against Skelton and try and make him throw.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by JZAL12 View Post
    I hear ya meader, but the Cardinals are ranked dead last in the NFL in rushing, with just 686 yards on the season. It's easy for teams just to load the box against Skelton and try and make him throw.
    Yeah, but it isn't just this year. Fitz has been in hell since the day Kurt Warner hung em up.

Crapple
    Crapple's Avatar Become A Pro!

Depends on the replacement?