t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger

Followed by Eli and Brees.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    He's only been to live 5 superbowls in the last 11 years. Pretty much gets there every other year....

Give him one top wide out and he has the greatest season by a qb in nfl history...

Brady makes scrubs look like hofmers

Most folks only consider greatest season in NFL history if it finishes with a Super Bowl. Be like the 72 win Bulls not winning the title. What's the point?

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    Why are people leaving off a guy who has thrown 25tds and only 5 ints? Rodgers.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Parligod View Post
    Not bashing Brady but you could say the same of P. Manning - look at what he's done for the Broncos WRs. They're suddenly studs. My top 3 list accounts for additional challenges also. Brady, for instance, has been established on the Pats for years and they draft picks to suite his needs. He also gets exceptional throwing time in the pocket on a consistent basis which I'm sure other QBs (including Brees) would love to have.

As far as my list of top 3 fav. QBS: (1) P. Manning, (2) Brees, (3) Rogers. Brady, Rogers and Roeth are all extremely good. Rogers has great stats but has been hot/luke-warm at times (Houston with 6-0 TDs vs. his mediocre Seattle game, for example). I give him the 3rd spot because he's been on fire lately after a slower start. Peyton has overall looked awesome and thats after coming back from serious injury. Brees was in contract dispute/rusty and all kinds of crap his team was going through yet consistently put up monster numbers and lately its regardless of who he faces even though matchups usually matter this concept doesn't apply to him. I also note that all three of my top picks have improved over the course of the season.
    1. Brady's been to 5 bowls. Manning's only been to 2 I think?

2. Manning played with 2 of the greatest receivers of all time his whole career and only went to 2 bowls. He lost to Brady many times in the games that mattered.

3. When it's all said and done, I don't think anyone can make an argument that Brady won't be the best qb of all time. He's in his prime right now. Look at his td-int ratio. He has 7 more years of football left at a high level. That means at least 2-3 more superbowl appearances, which would give him probably 8 appearances for his career and most likely 4-5 rings... Not to mention he'll break every stat when it's all said and done.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

QB to win the big one

E.man

Ben

Rodgers

meader99

2. Manning played with 2 of the greatest receivers of all time his whole career and only went to 2 bowls. He lost to Brady many times in the games that mattered.

3. When it's all said and done, I don't think anyone can make an argument that Brady won't be the best qb of all time. He's in his prime right now. Look at his td-int ratio. He has 7 more years of football left at a high level. That means at least 2-3 more superbowl appearances, which would give him probably 8 appearances for his career and most likely 4-5 rings... Not to mention he'll break every stat when it's all said and done.
    You are smoking some good stuff over there if you think a 35 year old Brady has "7 more years of football at a high level."

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

imma bookmark this thread and comment on it in december/january when eli manning turns back into Elit-i manning and kills everyone in the 4th qtrs again and for all those talking greasy about my qb its november giants always suck in this month we'll be back with a vengence next month MARK MY WORDS!!!!!

dodge71
    dodge71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 556

P Manning
    Brady
    Brees

Parligod
    Parligod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

1. I also agree that 5 Super Bowl appearances is impressive, but I hope you'd agree that rings in themselves don't in themselves equate to being the best. There are elite NFL players who never got rings. Dan Marino, Archie Manning (personified the great QB/bad team" meme) and Barry Sanders (ranked #1 all-time RB by NFL.com) come to mind immediately. If we were to rank based on Super Bowl rings then we would be saying Neal Dahlen is the best all-time player (and if you barely know who that is that's my point).

2. What I mentioned above points to the fact that this is a TEAM game, especially in football. The QB is one of the most important single positions because it can help lift a team or bring it down, but a QB still cannot carry his team on his own. NBA can have a bigger impact from a Micheal Jordan type player because its 5 players. Football is 11 and the game itself is designed to reward teamwork even more.

3. Moreover, I said Brady is a great quarterback and I agree he'll go down as one of the best all-time but I believe the post asked who are the best at this time (i.e., this season). To talk of best career quarterbacks is an entirely different conversation and Brady should no doubt be included on the list compiled there.

First 12