Scruff Mcgruff
    Scruff Mcgruff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3825

When to jump on Eagles?

I think as many of you do that Sunday is a great spot to back Philly. I'm thinking about putting my biggest wager of the year on the game but wanted to get the best number possible. Which way do you think this number goes? I would think the public would be on Falcons but professionals on Philly. I'm hoping I can get it at -1.5 without the extra juice but if the game closes at 3 that would suck. Any thoughts on when to jump on this?

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by Scruff Mcgruff View Post
    I think as many of you do that Sunday is a great spot to back Philly. I'm thinking about putting my biggest wager of the year on the game but wanted to get the best number possible. Which way do you think this number goes? I would think the public would be on Falcons but professionals on Philly. I'm hoping I can get it at -1.5 without the extra juice but if the game closes at 3 that would suck. Any thoughts on when to jump on this?
    Later, This will get pushed down to a PICK.

It won't reach 3.

Hawaiianwarrior
    Hawaiianwarrior's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Yeah man.....I agree with A4K, line would most likely stay the same or go down!

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14034

as most of us know eagles are 13-0 coming off a bye wk.. an astounding stat. ok. they play a team that is 6-0 atl. line opened at eagles -1 now eagles - 2.5 my stategy lay the juice eagles ml and buy .5pts.. get eagles -2 it will go to -3 just my thoughts boys

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26355

Eagles suck (home loss to 2-4 Lions), bet on the Falcons

heywally
    heywally's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

That's a disturbing avatar. :0

I don't trust the Eagles when it comes to betting on them, especially against a pretty good team, even at home after a bye.

Almost certainly not true but if there was ever an NFL point shaving betting scandal that came to light, Mike Vick would be one of the people who would not surprise me with his involvement. GL.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1872

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    Later, This will get pushed down to a PICK.

It won't reach 3.
    It already reached 3.

altieriflyers
    Rosamund
    altieriflyers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7788

I truly believe Philly is going to win this one. Making a small wage on it.

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    It already reached 3.
    Where do you see it at 3?

Eagles27
    Eagles27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by agendaman View Post
    as most of us know eagles are 13-0 coming off a bye wk.. an astounding stat. ok. they play a team that is 6-0 atl. line opened at eagles -1 now eagles - 2.5 my stategy lay the juice eagles ml and buy .5pts.. get eagles -2 it will go to -3 just my thoughts boys
    I love my eagles, but I dont trust wagering on them anymore. Although what you say is true, keep in mind the eagles just fired the D-Cordinator (so this will be thier first game back with the new d-cordinator). How that all pans out long term remains to be seen, but I dont think Juan Castillo deserved to be fired, they had a bad 4th quarter (everything before that has been great and the eagles D is the only reason we are 3-3 and not 0-6 or 1-5)

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles27 View Post
    I love my eagles, but I dont trust wagering on them anymore. Although what you say is true, keep in mind the eagles just fired the D-Cordinator (so this will be thier first game back with the new d-cordinator). How that all pans out long term remains to be seen, but I dont think Juan Castillo deserved to be fired, they had a bad 4th quarter (everything before that has been great and the eagles D is the only reason we are 3-3 and not 0-6 or 1-5)

you right the d has been solid and only reason phi has gotten away with so many mistakes, but the guy should have never been hired, there is so much talent on that d i would expect improvement with a legit defensive guy calling the shots,,,but what they need to worry bout is pounding mccoy into the ground this week..

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I'd take the ML on Eagles in this position, look at their games this season and they've been really close ones.

A4K

I agree. I think Castillo was the scape goat for Vick's turnover problem. Hard to blame your defense when the other team is getting the ball so deep in your territory.

jpveltri
    jpveltri's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Too much hype on ATL, not enough on Philly. Eagles a good pick here.

Eagles27
    Eagles27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    you right the d has been solid and only reason phi has gotten away with so many mistakes, but the guy should have never been hired, there is so much talent on that d i would expect improvement with a legit defensive guy calling the shots,,,but what they need to worry bout is pounding mccoy into the ground this week..
    I agree, hiring Castillo did not make sense last year (and he was the reason the eagles did not make the playoffs last year). I just think they should have addressed the real problem (which is Michael Vick not taking care of the ball and taking too many shots). I still like Vick at QB, I just think Andy and the O-Coordinator need to come up with a game plan that doesnt force Vick to throw so much (especially when in the Red-Zone). Its like the eagles pass when they shouldn't and run when they should pass. Frustrating, cant even watch the eagles anymore this season lol I do hope they come out smoking, but I wouldnt be suprised if the ATL defense swarms Vick and the eagles D struggles against a versatile ATL offense (my guess is they will run the hurry up often to confuse the eagles D as I imagine they will be running some different schemes). Anyway, changing D-Coordinators mid-season usually never pans out in the NFL (especially when it wasn't the problem to begin with), but I do hope I am wrong and the eagles come out on top!

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Vick over 5.5 turnovers -150, locked. Good luck!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I agree, hiring Castillo did not make sense last year (and he was the reason the eagles did not make the playoffs last year). I just think they should have addressed the real problem (which is Michael Vick not taking care of the ball and taking too many shots). I still like Vick at QB, I just think Andy and the O-Coordinator need to come up with a game plan that doesnt force Vick to throw so much (especially when in the Red-Zone). Its like the eagles pass when they shouldn't and run when they should pass. Frustrating, cant even watch the eagles anymore this season lol I do hope they come out smoking, but I wouldnt be suprised if the ATL defense swarms Vick and the eagles D struggles against a versatile ATL offense (my guess is they will run the hurry up often to confuse the eagles D as I imagine they will be running some different schemes). Anyway, changing D-Coordinators mid-season usually never pans out in the NFL (especially when it wasn't the problem to begin with), but I do hope I am wrong and the eagles come out on top!
    atl gives up a obscene amount of rushing yards and if reid has a brain this gm should be easy...

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1872

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    Where do you see it at 3?
    Everywhere.