Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

NFL W8 PLay of the Week : Atlanta @ Philly (Write - up)

This match-up is one of the more intriguing games this week in the NFL. Atlanta is bringing their 6-0 record into Philly with both teams getting an added week of prep time. Matt Ryan has seemed to really put it all together this year, well except for the awful performance last time out against Oakland. He has weapons all over the field and has utilized them very well.

Philadelphia is now 3-3 and looking to get a big win @ home and get back on track. It has been a very rough week for Andy Reid as he had to fire his very good friend, Defensive Coordinator Juan Castillo. Juan , a long time O-line coach had to be let go for this teams performance in the 4th quarter. The Eagles have blown several leads late dating back to last season and most recently an awful loss last time out against Detroit. Also, he never really had control of the locker room because the players truly did not believe in his abilities. His replacement Todd Bowles is an ex player and is very well liked by the team. However he will have his hands full is his debut, trying to stop R White, J Jones, M Turner, T Gonzalez, and others. He does have plently of talent to work with, with edge rushers in T Cole and J Babin and Corner-backs N Asomugha and D Rodgers-Cromartie.

I see a big motivational angel in this game. The Falcons are flying high (no pun intended) while escaping some close calls recently, while the Eagles are trying to come together as one during this bye week and get back on track to reaching high preseason expectations. I think Philadelphia will come out playing their best football game of the season, as they normally due after a bye week, not having lost during Andy's 14 years as Head Football Coach.

Look for pressure off the edge to force Matt Ryan in quick decisions and with the talent @ Cornerback (when playing man coverage) they should be able to at least contain the super talented wide receiver group Atlanta will bring. The Falcons are really struggling to run the football averaging only 86.5 ypg, which is good for 29th in the NFL. I look for a high dose of LeSean McCoy attacking the very suspect Atlanta defense. The Falcons are ranked 28 in Rushing Defense, and this will open all kinds of options for Vick to find one of his many weapons that he possess.

The only team that beats the Eagles is the Eagles, look for the turnovers too slow down.

There is a reason the Eagles are favored in this game against the undefeated Falcons, and I believe the Home team laying anything less than 3 is loaded with value.

I like Philly to win the 'Battle of the Birds' by 10 points 27-17.

The Falcons will start to come back down to earth, as the Eagles will begin to make their run.

Cash this one boys...
    Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 10-24-12 at 09:02 PM.
    Points Awarded:

SBR Lou gave Louisvillekid1 5 SBR Point(s) for this post.

billysink gave Louisvillekid1 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MoneyLineDawg

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Never bet with the "they are due" mentality. Has Philly even beat a team by 3 yet this year, at most 1, now they are going to do it to a maybe top 3, definitely top 8 team in football?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Never bet with the "they are due" mentality. Has Philly even beat a team by 3 yet this year, at most 1, now they are going to do it to a maybe top 3, definitely top 8 team in football?
    When did I type "they are due?"

heywally
    heywally's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

Thanks for the analysis. Until they prove otherwise, I will continue to assume that the Eagles will turn the ball over. Some of the fumbles that Vick has made this year have looked 'unforced', whatever that might mean; not sure about his intercepts. Vick ranks well below Ryan in QB stats, with an 8-8 TD to interception ratio and 77 rating and since I put so much weight on the QB position when considering bets, I can't go Philly unless they turn it around for a few games.

But Atlanta's weaknesses have become obvious even with their record and this is Philly at home after a bye .... considering Atlanta +7 in a teaser but not sure. GL.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by heywally View Post
    Thanks for the analysis. Until they prove otherwise, I will continue to assume that the Eagles will turn the ball over. Some of the fumbles that Vick has made this year have looked 'unforced', whatever that might mean; not sure about his intercepts. Vick ranks well below Ryan in QB stats, with an 8-8 TD to interception ratio and 77 rating and since I put so much weight on the QB position when considering bets, I can't go Philly unless they turn it around for a few games.

But Atlanta's weaknesses have become obvious even with their record and this is Philly at home after a bye .... considering Atlanta +7 in a teaser but not sure. GL.
    I think the play calling come off this bye will really help this team regroup. They need to put the ball in LeSean's hand and stop trying to force the big play. I'm expecting a more 'grind it out approach' from Marty this week.

heywally
    heywally's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

That approach makes sense; I've liked the Eagles running game, what little I've seen of them. I just don't trust Vick though they could reign him in for this game, with the right focus. If Philly's D plays a good game, that approach will work with the Eagles offense and they can let Atlanta make the mistakes. Very interesting game .....

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shit I got nothing that has not been said.

I like the approach and the play.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    It was been a very rough week for Andy Reid as he had to fire his very good friend, Defensive Coordinator Juan Castillo. Juan , a long time O-line coach had to be let go for this teams performance in the 4th quarter. The Eagles have blown several leads late dating back to last season and most recently an awful loss last time out against Detroit. Also, he never really had control of the locker room because the players truly did not believe in his abilities. His replacement Todd Bowles is an ex player and is very well liked by the team. However he will have his hands full is his debut, trying to stop R White, J Jones, M Turner, T Gonzalez, and others. He does have plently of talent to work with with edge rushers in T Cole and J Babin and Corner-backs N Asomugha and D Rodgers-Cromartie.

I see a big motivational angel in this game. The Falcons are flying high (no pun intended) while escaping some close calls recently, while the Eagles are trying to come together as one during this bye week and get back on track to reaching high preseason expectations.
    I think Philadelphia will come out playing their best football game of the season, as they normally due after a bye week, not having lost during Andy's 14 years as Head Football Coach.

Look for pressure off the edge to force Matt Ryan in quick decisions and with the talent @ Cornerback (when playing man coverage) they should be able to at least contain the super talented wide receiver group Atlanta will bring. The Falcons are really struggling to run the football averaging only 86.5 ypg, which is good for 29th in the NFL. I look for a high dose of LeSean McCoy attacking the very suspect Atlanta defense. The Falcons are ranked 28 in Rushing Defense, and this will open all kinds of options for Vick to find one of his many weapons that he possess.

The only team that beats the Eagles is the Eagles, look for the turnovers too slow down.

There is a reason the Eagles are favored in this game against the undefeated Falcons, and I believe the Home team laying anything less than 3 is loaded with value.

The Falcons will start to come back down to earth, as the Eagles will begin to make their run.

Cash this one boys...
    Todd Bowles is an excellent motivator and coach.

If there is a large dose of McCoy and Vick doesn't turn the ball over fifty thousand times, a Philly win by 10+ sounds just about right to me. Great write up, thank you.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by heywally View Post
    That approach makes sense; I've liked the Eagles running game, what little I've seen of them. I just don't trust Vick though they could reign him in for this game, with the right focus. If Philly's D plays a good game, that approach will work with the Eagles offense and they can let Atlanta make the mistakes. Very interesting game .....

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    Shit I got nothing that has not been said.

I like the approach and the play.
    Let's cash it!

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    Todd Bowles is an excellent motivator and coach.

If there is a large dose of McCoy and Vick doesn't turn the ball over fifty thousand times, a Philly win by 10+ sounds just about right to me. Great write up, thank you.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

I agree that the falcons will be coming back to earth. They would have lost to the skins if RG3 hadn't been knocked out.

Who is your big NCAAF pick this week?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    I agree that the falcons will be coming back to earth. They would have lost to the skins if RG3 hadn't been knocked out.

Who is your big NCAAF pick this week?
    There's a thread floating around here somewhere...

I really like Oklahoma to pound Notre Dame. I've been looking at the individual match-ups and they just jump off the page. They should be able to stretch that defense and really expose the Irish in this spot.

Other small plays, I like Arizona St to bounce back and Wisconsin should be able to handle Mich St.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

frankly, the Falcons are the better team and I can't see the Eagles stopping them consistently in this game.

yall hoping for a "large dose of McCoy" don't know who the Eagles coach is?

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

There's a thread floating around here somewhere...

I really like Oklahoma to pound Notre Dame. I've been looking at the individual match-ups and they just jump off the page. They should be able to stretch that defense and really expose the Irish in this spot.

Other small plays, I like Arizona St to bounce back and Wisconsin should be able to handle Mich St.
    Sweet.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceBRUCEbruce View Post
    frankly, the Falcons are the better team and I can't see the Eagles stopping them consistently in this game.

yall hoping for a "large dose of McCoy" don't know who the Eagles coach is?
    Things are changing in Philly, and if this continues their will be drastic changes at the end of the year.

King Swizz
    Update your status
    King Swizz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Philly easy $

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

like when we agree....gl LK

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    like when we agree....gl LK
    me 2 pal, gl to us

Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Posted my writeup in another thread :

however the line moves, the play is Eagles on the ML - dont lay garbage points with this team.

Eagles were winning by a decent margin last year AT ATL when vick got concussed I think, then Falcons came back to win it. Anyways, both teams off a bye, more pressure on PHila. Vick is getting better at the fumble problem. Although he is INT prone with a pass D like the falcons. I see both QB's having an INT each. The difference will be the run game though with a sizeable advantage to Philly.

This is what happens to teams that are barely squeaking by their last coupla games and being undefeated. It shows how they are not giving 100% and I'm sure they wont look much improved after the bye. + Falcons are a different bird away from the Dome - kind of like the Saints HFA. Look at their wins away - miserable Chiefs and Chargers. with the Skins game, RG3 was taken out of game, and they still squeaked by.

Look for Falcons to drop one and come back strong @home the next game. Also wait for a better price on Phila. Good luck !

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0 View Post
    Posted my writeup in another thread :

however the line moves, the play is Eagles on the ML - dont lay garbage points with this team.

Eagles were winning by a decent margin last year AT ATL when vick got concussed I think, then Falcons came back to win it. Anyways, both teams off a bye, more pressure on PHila. Vick is getting better at the fumble problem. Although he is INT prone with a pass D like the falcons. I see both QB's having an INT each. The difference will be the run game though with a sizeable advantage to Philly.

This is what happens to teams that are barely squeaking by their last coupla games and being undefeated. It shows how they are not giving 100% and I'm sure they wont look much improved after the bye. + Falcons are a different bird away from the Dome - kind of like the Saints HFA. Look at their wins away - miserable Chiefs and Chargers. with the Skins game, RG3 was taken out of game, and they still squeaked by.

Look for Falcons to drop one and come back strong @home the next game. Also wait for a better price on Phila. Good luck !
    Glad we agree, but your saying wait for a better price... I'm predicting some Reverse Line Movement here...

Lets cash this !

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL Louisvillekid. Agree with it all and I'm on the Eagles as well.

Just had to point out...this post is so wrong on so many levels. Get a clue guy...

imarkp
    imarkp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1248

This match-up is one of the more intriguing games this week in the NFL. Atlanta is bringing their 6-0 record into Philly with both teams getting an added week of prep time. Matt Ryan has seemed to really put it all together this year, well except for the awful performance last time out against Oakland. He has weapons all over the field and has utilized them very well.

Philadelphia is now 3-3 and looking to get a big win @ home and get back on track. It has been a very rough week for Andy Reid as he had to fire his very good friend, Defensive Coordinator Juan Castillo. Juan , a long time O-line coach had to be let go for this teams performance in the 4th quarter. The Eagles have blown several leads late dating back to last season and most recently an awful loss last time out against Detroit. Also, he never really had control of the locker room because the players truly did not believe in his abilities. His replacement Todd Bowles is an ex player and is very well liked by the team. However he will have his hands full is his debut, trying to stop R White, J Jones, M Turner, T Gonzalez, and others. He does have plently of talent to work with with edge rushers in T Cole and J Babin and Corner-backs N Asomugha and D Rodgers-Cromartie.

I see a big motivational angel in this game. The Falcons are flying high (no pun intended) while escaping some close calls recently, while the Eagles are trying to come together as one during this bye week and get back on track to reaching high preseason expectations. I think Philadelphia will come out playing their best football game of the season, as they normally due after a bye week, not having lost during Andy's 14 years as Head Football Coach.

Cash this one boys...
    I live in philly area. listen to alot of sports talk. birds have been tough to watch this year. oline sucks w/o peters and kelce. undersized, yet they still take 5 and 7 step drops. vicks been getting killed. they can't even set up good screen passes anymore. expect more short passes underneath even though the team is built for the quick hit. need to utilize mccoy more and expect they will. why not jackson on punt returns? he says he's willing. special teams need help. reid despertly trying to keep job. 8-8 won't do it. d has been solid except in 4th qtr. 5 blown leads leading to losses last yr, 2 this yr. expect more blitzes even though their personel isn't suited for that. rely on front 4 preasure which hasn't been delivering enough. no sacks last 3 wks. teams are trying to get rid of ball quick against them. new d coordinater, bowles, has more player respect than castillo did. expect solid effort but unsure if offense can fix itself. vick is a fumbling machine. not sure 13-0 after bye means much this yr. atlanta had bye too. should be another tight game decided in 4th qrt. under reid they've been much better 2nd half of season. this game goes a long way in deciding whether that trend continues or not. I'll be watching intently but prob. not betting. maybe in a teaser. 1 of those games where you could win teasing either way. this yr not betting eagles ats. 3 wins total 4pts doesnt get it done when fav. think they're 1-5ats .

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by imarkp View Post
    I live in philly area. listen to alot of sports talk. birds have been tough to watch this year. oline sucks w/o peters and kelce. undersized, yet they still take 5 and 7 step drops. vicks been getting killed. they can't even set up good screen passes anymore. expect more short passes underneath even though the team is built for the quick hit. need to utilize mccoy more and expect they will. why not jackson on punt returns? he says he's willing. special teams need help. reid despertly trying to keep job. 8-8 won't do it. d has been solid except in 4th qtr. 5 blown leads leading to losses last yr, 2 this yr. expect more blitzes even though their personel isn't suited for that. rely on front 4 preasure which hasn't been delivering enough. no sacks last 3 wks. teams are trying to get rid of ball quick against them. new d coordinater, bowles, has more player respect than castillo did. expect solid effort but unsure if offense can fix itself. vick is a fumbling machine. not sure 13-0 after bye means much this yr. atlanta had bye too. should be another tight game decided in 4th qrt. under reid they've been much better 2nd half of season. this game goes a long way in deciding whether that trend continues or not. I'll be watching intently but prob. not betting. maybe in a teaser. 1 of those games where you could win teasing either way. this yr not betting eagles ats. 3 wins total 4pts doesnt get it done when fav. think they're 1-5ats .
    I live in Philly area as well, listen to 97.5 daily...

Its a real shame cuz they had one of the best O line's in the league b4 the injuries...

Try paragraph form next time, it's kind of tough to read (especially since there is some good info)

Gl it you decide to tail...

and welcome to the site...

imarkp
    imarkp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1248

I live in Philly area as well, listen to 97.5 daily...

Its a real shame cuz they had one of the best O line's in the league b4 the injuries...

Try paragraph form next time, it's kind of tough to read (especially since there is some good info)

Gl it you decide to tail...

and welcome to the site...
    new around here, alot of good info. thx for the welcome and heads up about my post. will make more

readable in the future.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

MobFade
    MobFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 987

With new D coord, do you think they change their D scheme enough that it is less effective? I'm having a tough time capping this game. Atlanta seems like the no brainer play, but their offense has been exposed to a degree as the year has gone on. Their run game is bad (26th in the league in YPP at 3.7) and their running backs are bad. Turner is a far cry from the back he used to be at the first half of last year, and both Rodgers and Snelling aren't any better. Atlanta has no flat game to turn to, and Eagles front 7 should eat them up. Atlanta has banked on targeting whichever of Roddy or Julio is not double covered while taking big shots downfield, and the Eagles have the secondary to contain this as well.

For Philly O, the knocks on Vick with the fumbles and durability are obvious, but his real problem is not being able to throw to receivers who aren't already open. Luckily, Atlanta has a poor defense, and their run D is giving up 5.2 YPC. It felt more like a breather game scare with the near-loss to Oakland, but I think Atlanta is a team with real problems on both sides of the ball.

That said, Philly will not win this game if it rains because of Vick's tiny hands. I'm going to wait until closer to gameday to make a play when weather is more accurate as some sites have 70% chance of precip by noon, and some say only 25%. If no rain, Philly just needs to not give up the deep bomb to Julio that Atlanta tries 5 times a game and they've got this.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by imarkp View Post
    new around here, alot of good info. thx for the welcome and heads up about my post. will make more

readable in the future.
    Were glad to have you,

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by MobFade View Post
    With new D coord, do you think they change their D scheme enough that it is less effective? I'm having a tough time capping this game. Atlanta seems like the no brainer play, but their offense has been exposed to a degree as the year has gone on. Their run game is bad (26th in the league in YPP at 3.7) and their running backs are bad. Turner is a far cry from the back he used to be at the first half of last year, and both Rodgers and Snelling aren't any better. Atlanta has no flat game to turn to, and Eagles front 7 should eat them up. Atlanta has banked on targeting whichever of Roddy or Julio is not double covered while taking big shots downfield, and the Eagles have the secondary to contain this as well.

For Philly O, the knocks on Vick with the fumbles and durability are obvious, but his real problem is not being able to throw to receivers who aren't already open. Luckily, Atlanta has a poor defense, and their run D is giving up 5.2 YPC. It felt more like a breather game scare with the near-loss to Oakland, but I think Atlanta is a team with real problems on both sides of the ball.

That said, Philly will not win this game if it rains because of Vick's tiny hands. I'm going to wait until closer to gameday to make a play when weather is more accurate as some sites have 70% chance of precip by noon, and some say only 25%. If no rain, Philly just needs to not give up the deep bomb to Julio that Atlanta tries 5 times a game and they've got this.
    good post...

The rain doesn't bother all that much as I'm hoping they will run the ball often and grind this one out.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    GL Louisvillekid. Agree with it all and I'm on the Eagles as well.

Just had to point out...this post is so wrong on so many levels. Get a clue guy...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post

tto827

Louisville I gotta apologize I was short on time this morning and couldn't fully respond and shouldn't have til I had time. Its a great write-up and we need more stuff like this on the forums, but I disagree with your conclusion from it. I got the "they are due" from non-statistical points such as "get back on track", and the fact that the EAGLES HAVE NOT WON A GAME BY MORE THAN 2 ALL YEAR!

Shogunrua, The eagles have not covered a spread this year as a favorite, and now are favored to beat one of the best teams in football? please give a numerical backing for the Eagles to win the game, let alone cover the spread. Not some "they have underachieved so far" reasoning.

I will admit I am biased, I took the Eagles Under 9.5 wins at the start of the season, and as easily as they could be 4-2, they very possibly could be 0-6.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Louisville I gotta apologize I was short on time this morning and couldn't fully respond and shouldn't have til I had time. Its a great write-up and we need more stuff like this on the forums, but I disagree with your conclusion from it. I got the "they are due" from non-statistical points such as "get back on track", and the fact that the EAGLES HAVE NOT WON A GAME BY MORE THAN 2 ALL YEAR!

Shogunrua, The eagles have not covered a spread this year as a favorite, and now are favored to beat one of the best teams in football? please give a numerical backing for the Eagles to win the game, let alone cover the spread. Not some "they have underachieved so far" reasoning.

I will admit I am biased, I took the Eagles Under 9.5 wins at the start of the season, and as easily as they could be 4-2, they very possibly could be 0-6.
    Thanks for your input, and best of luck on your plays!

tto827

Thanks for your input, and best of luck on your plays!
    Thanks, same to you.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

You think they will go all year without winning a game by more than 2 points? I understand that Atlanta is 6-0 and all, but I aint buying them being even a top 5 team in the NFL. They got pushed around by the likes of the Raiders and the Panthers in their house. Nope, not buying the Falcons til they actually win a meaningnful game in January.

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    You think they will go all year without winning a game by more than 2 points? I understand that Atlanta is 6-0 and all, but I aint buying them being even a top 5 team in the NFL. They got pushed around by the likes of the Raiders and the Panthers in their house. Nope, not buying the Falcons til they actually win a meaningnful game in January.
    I agree Atlanta is not that good, I would like my chances of my Bears going in and winning the NFC championship in ATL. The Eagles have looked far worse, they HAVE LOST to teams on par with the ones you just mentioned. My gut says Philly wins this game, there is just no logic/numerical basis to make that pick, and about a million reasons to pick ATL, I just see too much value in ATL.

bachngocduong
    bachngocduong's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice thanks all in ATL lol

123 Last