pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    Lol, I bet out of all the other NFL coaches I can find ONE to take the points.
    Maybe Ditka, if he was a couple deep.

tarheelfan72
    tarheelfan72's Avatar Become A Pro!

There are probably a few coaches that would not have thought to decline it, just because they suck.

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Harbaugh may have nightmares of the punts his punt returner
    muffed in the Nfc championship game. He may not want to
    risk a loss in this situation.

Bigh2001
    Bigh2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1458

It won me $$ tonight so that's what I care about. Last time I checked that was the objective.

Ahhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha Did you really just suggest a teaser as the sharp bet? That's funny as phuck.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

It's quite humorous that everyone sees 2 sides to the coin here... but in reality... there's only one side. Vegas Side.

MobFade
    MobFade's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 987

whoops
    Last edited by MobFade; 10-18-12 at 11:17 PM.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    It's quite humorous that everyone sees 2 sides to the coin here... but in reality... there's only one side. Vegas Side.
    Why would "Vegas" want the game to land on 7?

Think about everyone that bought the line down to -6.5, and everyone who bought the line up to +7.5.

They get screwed with the game landing on 7.

Let's use some common sense here, folks. Jim Harbaugh made the right call, decline the penalty and the game is over.

orangeman51
    orangeman51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 751

Definitely seems a little fishy... people saying that declining the safety was the right call are saying so because there was a small chance that down by 9, Sea could have recovered an onside kick, gone down the field, scored, recovered ANOTHER onside kick, gone down the field again and kicked a field goal. All with under a minute left and no timeouts.

I would guess the odds of all this happening are probably about the same as the 9ers fumbling on the kneel down play and Sea recovering which theoretically could have happened and would have given the Seahawks the ball back down by only 7.

On the other hand, the flag that created the safety was fishy too. I don't know what to think, but a weird ending all around.

FYI, I was on Sea 2nd half ml for a small amount, so my bet was pretty much dead either way.

homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

Right call by harbough, terrible call by ref. Ref may have had -8 or something but Harbough made the right call.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Quote Originally Posted by MobFade View Post
    As a Hawks fan and someone who had the Hawks+9, Harbaugh's decision to decline the safety was the dumbest shit I've ever seen. All of you seem to have forgotten that after he declined to take the 2 possession lead w/ a punt coming and 50-some seconds left, THE SPOT OF THE CATCH WAS REVIEWED WITH NO WAY FOR SAN FRANSISCO TO CHALLENGE. Harbaugh declines the 9 point lead, if that play gets overturned and ruled a first down, you give Seattle the ball on the 35 with 53 seconds and a TD to tie instead of 2 possessions and 53 seconds. Dumbest shit i've ever seen.
    He would of accepted the safety if it was a first down.

Phildo
    Phildo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6228

Not as dumb as you not realizing that he could have and would have accepted the safety if they overturned the spot.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Why would "Vegas" want the game to land on 7?

Think about everyone that bought the line down to -6.5, and everyone who bought the line up to +7.5.

They get screwed with the game landing on 7.

Let's use some common sense here, folks. Jim Harbaugh made the right call, decline the penalty and the game is over.
    I have Doctor Phil's voice in my head when I read your posts.

MobFade

whoops

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo View Post

You can't use a tee after the safety, so it's a lot harder to onside kick it, but you can try.
    its been done successfully... but i dont think it was in the 4th quarter

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I'm astonished at all the morons making a fuss about this. I had the niners and I still don't know what the big deal. Fuking idiots.... Alex Smith blew the cover, not Harbaugh

MobFade

whoops

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

You are wrong. Harbaugh declines the safety, then the spot is measured. He can not go back and accept afterward. The spot is measured and it is maybe 2 links short.
    He would still have the choice to accept the penalty/safety if they overturned the spot after review.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

You are wrong. Harbaugh declines the safety, then the spot is measured. He can not go back and accept afterward. The spot is measured and it is maybe 2 links short.
    Yes he can. He declined the penalty based on the spot, if the spot changes of course he doesn't have to decline the penalty. There are like 7 people on this entire board that know the rules of the NFL I think.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Don't I sound smart?

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Lol what happens whens Seattle recovers onside and makes miraculous comeback? Would harbaugh be the worst coach ever for not taking the ball and kneeing it for easy win? You people are mad your on the wrong end which is understandable move on and crush the books on Sunday.

gh0zt
    gh0zt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 417

As a Hawks fan and someone who had the Hawks+9, Harbaugh's decision to decline the safety was the dumbest shit I've ever seen. All of you seem to have forgotten that after he declined to take the 2 possession lead w/ a punt coming and 50-some seconds left, THE SPOT OF THE CATCH WAS MEASURED WITH NO WAY FOR SAN FRANSISCO TO CHALLENGE. Harbaugh declines the 9 point lead, if that play gets overturned and ruled a first down, you give Seattle the ball on the 35 with 53 seconds and a TD to tie instead of 2 possessions and 53 seconds. Dumbest shit i've ever seen.
    Correct me if I'm wrong (I stopped paying attention to the game) I'm pretty sure I heard the ref say 49ers would decline the penalty IF the Hawks didn't get the first down.

edit: typed to slow, multiple people beat me to it

homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Yes he can. He declined the penalty based on the spot, if the spot changes of course he doesn't have to decline the penalty. There are like 7 people on this entire board that know the rules of the NFL I think.
    Obviously mobfade does not understand it

Phildo
    Phildo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6228

You don't need a challenge to accept a penalty, and you can't challenge anything with 40 seconds left in the game anyway. You are wrong, if the replay changed things, they would ask him about the penalty again, and he would obviously accept.

MobFade

Misinterpreted the rule. Harbaugh's play is brilliant. Sea+9 covers.

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Don't I sound smart?
    I feel like you're yelling at me, even when the posts are not directed at me. I need my mother.

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22725

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    Lol what happens whens Seattle recovers onside and makes miraculous comeback? Would harbaugh be the worst coach ever for not taking the ball and kneeing it for easy win? You people are mad your on the wrong end which is understandable move on and crush the books on Sunday.
    they were down by 9 niners still win by 1

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

There was no chop block to begin with.
    I dont see anything wrong with Harbaugh's call, most people just pissed because their bet pushed or lost cause of that

A4K

Quote Originally Posted by Bigh2001 View Post
    It won me $$ tonight so that's what I care about. Last time I checked that was the objective.
    Listen, I'm glad you cashed, but suggesting that playing teasers is a sharp angle seems like a bit of a stretch. Good luck with your selections, buddy.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Quote Originally Posted by pacocn View Post
    I don't think there is a coach in the Nfl that would've played it any differently.
    Actually most are too stupid. Only Belichek would do this.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    do you really think harbaugh cares about covering? i doubt he even knows the spread. when you think about it, he did the right thing...

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

there have been alot of iffy chop block calls.. there was a crucial one in the dallas/baltimore game this past weekend.

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

bitches crying.... bitches crying everywhere

Mufasa
    Mufasa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Absolutely wasn't a high low block, niner backers have no business complaining here. Seattle should have and did cover the game

theyknowthescore
    theyknowthescore's Avatar Become A Pro!

it is the syndicats who had + 9 that need to cash dont forget it....books cant have it because the public is how the books are balance.
    the public would have cashed on -7, 7.5, 8, 8.5.....when sharps like me got it 9, 8, 7.5 they need to cash somehow

theyknowthescore
    theyknowthescore's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by theyknowthescore View Post
    it is the syndicats who had + 9 that need to cash dont forget it....books cant have it because the public is how the books are balance.
    the public would have cashed on -7, 7.5, 8, 8.5.....when sharps like me got it 9, 8, 7.5 they need to cash somehow
    keep in mind it was not the gamethat is fixed, its life that is fixed.....life is predetermined and this game could not be any oter way.

First 1234 Last