sickler
    Facade 101
    sickler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2983

Quote Originally Posted by matt1216 View Post
    i wolda heged with atleast a 20,000 bet lol
    Hedging in this situation would have been smart but he had no way of knowing he would be the only winner if the seahawks won. OLG knew before the game that a seahawks win = 1 winner, he would've had to know someone there who could've told him.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Quote Originally Posted by sickler View Post
    Hedging in this situation would have been smart but he had no way of knowing he would be the only winner if the seahawks won. OLG knew before the game that a seahawks win = 1 winner, he would've had to know someone there who could've told him.
    So this is just a pool held in Ontario?

By my calculations there were 144,000 $5 tickets submitted. A lotta gamblers in Ontario eh?

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by PAYTON20 View Post

By my calculations there were 144,000 $5 tickets submitted. A lotta gamblers in Ontario eh?
    There was a lot more money than $725K put into by gamblers. OLG takes a percentage (I believe it's 40%) of the pot before paying out. So that means well over a million bucks was put into it. And not everyone plays for $5. You can box games, box means both sides of the game are covered.

1 box = $10
    2 boxes = $20
    3 boxes = $40
    4 boxes = $80
    5 boxes = $160
    6 boxes = $320

and so on. For each additional game you want to box, the total cost is doubled

sickler
    Facade 101

And yes, this is just for Ontario. OLG is the Ontario Lottery and Gaming (government run)..The other provinces have their own separate sports lotteries.

PAYTON20

There was a lot more money than $725K put into by gamblers. OLG takes a percentage (I believe it's 40%) of the pot before paying out. So that means well over a million bucks was put into it. And not everyone plays for $5. You can box games, box means both sides of the game are covered.

1 box = $10
    2 boxes = $20
    3 boxes = $40
    4 boxes = $80
    5 boxes = $160
    6 boxes = $320

and so on. For each additional game you want to box, the total cost is doubled
    I see. And there are 15 games to pick from? ATS or SU?

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

pro line is for uneducated rednecks

winning guy should have cleared 1.1 million, OLG (whom is always in court over some scandal) takes 400k and then advertises the company when someone wins

bottom line... too many options online for bettors to use proline.. parlays at 5 dimes are exponentially better

anyone can get lucky, why not get lucky atleast with the best odds??

sickler
    Facade 101

I see. And there are 15 games to pick from? ATS or SU?
    15 games that week. 13 games for the one coming up. It's SU. If someone wants to drop $320 on it, they only have to pick 7 games (of their choice) to win SU for a winning ticket.

Or you could spend $1280 and only have to pick 5 SU winners

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Ummmm a 16 game ml parlay for 5 fukkin dollars offshore wont even remotely come close to what olg will pay you. Even if you spent 80 dollars and got 4 games off (so a $80 12 game MONEYLINE parlay) youre still not even in the same fukkin ballpark.

You can play a $5 ticket and for 16 SU winners get paid 6 figures and you think you can get odds like that online? Ok

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    pro line is for uneducated rednecks

winning guy should have cleared 1.1 million, OLG (whom is always in court over some scandal) takes 400k and then advertises the company when someone wins

bottom line... too many options online for bettors to use proline.. parlays at 5 dimes are exponentially better

anyone can get lucky, why not get lucky atleast with the best odds??
    The title of this thread is misleading. It wasn't a parlay, it was a pool. What would've those 15 games SU paid in a $5 parlay?

PAYTON20

Sounds pretty fun. Is it always all the NFL games for that week?

How is the payout determined? If I boxed 5 games and won, would I get the same payout as someone else who boxed say 3?

sickler
    Facade 101

Sounds pretty fun. Is it always all the NFL games for that week?

How is the payout determined? If I boxed 5 games and won, would I get the same payout as someone else who boxed say 3?
    The pool is for NFL games played on Sunday and Monday. The number of games boxed is irrelevant. If someone boxed all 13 at a cost of $40,960 to guarantee a win he would get the same payout as someone who spent $5, boxed none but got them all right.
    Points Awarded:

PAYTON20 gave sickler 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

sickler
    Facade 101

I should add, the OLG has a $100 limit at retailers. Someone wanting to box every game would have to have a lot of foot soldiers getting tickets. I don't know if it would be possible

Vinnie Paz

The max per 1 ticket is $100 yes but you can just make multiple tickets with different combinations of selections. its not like 1 person can only play $100 in tickets and then theyre done... No no no

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    The max per 1 ticket is $100 yes but you can just make multiple tickets with different combinations of selections. its not like 1 person can only play $100 in tickets and then theyre done... No no no
    There's a $100 limit per person per location unless they've changed it recently. Lottery machines are all over the place so if you wanted to box 6 games of the pool ($320), it would be four $80 tickets, which would require you to go to four different places, unless you know someone with a machine who will let you go over the limit. Retailers have to be careful about that, if they're caught doing it they get spanked.

Vinnie Paz

Damn i didnt know that?
    Hows anyone gonna know its all 1 person though?
    Couldnt the retailer just say he had like 5 customers in a row play tickets?

sickler
    Facade 101

Damn i didnt know that?
    Hows anyone gonna know its all 1 person though?
    Couldnt the retailer just say he had like 5 customers in a row play tickets?
    Might be tough for the OLG to know it's all one person but if the clerk doesn't know you, it could be someone from the OLG going around trying to catch retailers breaking the rules. Or the person the clerk allowed to exceed the limit might tell other people about it and they'd get more people trying to do it and it could be a different clerk who isn't willing to break the rules and might even rat out the rule-breaking clerk. Best chance to do it is at a mom and pop type place where you've been customers of theirs for years. You know them.

sickler
    Facade 101

btw, I had a long argument on the phone a few years ago with OLG about the pools being included in the $100 limit. Their money isn't at risk with the pools, unlike with proline and point spread and props. They just take a % of the money put into it. It makes no sense for them to place a limit on it.

PAYTON20

Might be tough for the OLG to know it's all one person but if the cleIrk doesn't know you, it could be someone from the OLG going around trying to catch retailers breaking the rules. Or the person the clerk allowed to exceed the limit might tell other people about it and they'd get more people trying to do it and it could be a different clerk who isn't willing to break the rules and might even rat out the rule-breaking clerk. Best chance to do it is at a mom and pop type place where you've been customers of theirs for years. You know them.
    sickler sounds like you've done this before

sickler you can beat the system

sickler what's up Gino buddy

sickler
    Facade 101

sickler sounds like you've done this before

sickler you can beat the system

sickler what's up Gino buddy
    I did have a place doing that for me. They got busted and had their lottery machine suspended for several months. I don't think I was the only person being allowed to exceed the limit there. I imagine they took a big hit financially, those lottery machines generate lots of income. The sports portion of it is small compared to the other lotteries

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

I did have a place doing that for me. They got busted and had their lottery machine suspended for several months. I don't think I was the only person being allowed to exceed the limit there. I imagine they took a big hit financially, those lottery machines generate lots of income. The sports portion of it is small compared to the other lotteries
    I'm shocked when I see people walk up and give $50 for 5 poker tickets that print out of the machine and are losers before they even exit the machine. I'm saying this not because $50 is a life altering amount of money but because I don't understand any enjoyment of a machine maybe making a little tune (indicates you won something) or getting handed 5 losing tickets that there's no point even looking at. At least with scratch tickets you get some enjoyment for your money.

I think the most profitable aspect of proline is pools. For example, point spread payouts are at a fixed rate. If you play a ticket with 2 point spreads and win you will only receive 2x your wager. For example, GB-7 and Den+3 (I made those lines up) are your picks and they both cover, you bet $20, when you cash your ticket you will get your $20 returned and another $20. Online (assuming EV odds of +100) you would get your $20 returned and $40 for winning.

sickler
    Facade 101

Hels, the lines are murder in gas stations on lottery nights. 6/49, Lotto Max, more than half the lineup are buying them.

Payout sucks on the pointspread two-teamer but the suckage lessens by betting more games.

3 team = 5x wager
    4 = 10x
    5 = 20x
    6 = 35x
    7 = 75x
    8 = 150x

Only difference is your wager isn't returned with your winnings......but if you hit a five-teamer for $20, not a huge difference between $400 and $420

Vinnie Paz

Lottery nights eh?
    Try nfl 10-30 minsbefore kickoff and theres 50 guys hovered over some tiny ass table all staring at the point spread sheet making 100 different 10 game tickets

sickler
    Facade 101

Lottery nights eh?
    Try nfl 10-30 minsbefore kickoff and theres 50 guys hovered over some tiny ass table all staring at the point spread sheet making 100 different 10 game tickets
    Yeah, you don't want to be there between 12:00 and 1:00 on Sunday. At 1:00 some dumbasses are still in line, too late to run their tickets

canabiz
    canabiz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1432

I would still hedge regardless whether how many winners there were out there. With the amount of upsets on the previous Sunday, you are bound to have a pretty decent payout already, you can only do things within your control.

Btw, I also don't think the guy only spends $5 on this ticket. There is more to the story but it's not in his best interest to reveal everything. This game is all about every man for himself...you see people discussing ProLine, Pointspread, Props all day long but not Pools and it's easy to understand why.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1276

Id love to know why i was banned for my previous post in this thread.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14010

warrior1 /i have been with and bet with dfaftday/daily joust now for about 3 yrs. 3k bets you say not likely but possible i know usernames of guys that would make a bet like that why would they need you and give you 20 percent frankly whole story sounds fishy to me

canabiz
    canabiz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1432

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    I read the modified post and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Perhaps you might have referenced another forum (albeit for Proline only) but that is a no-no here?

Any idea how much this Pool will pay if Houston wins tonight? There were only 3 upsets, the big one in Indy and the 2 smaller ones in Miami and Seattle. I am guessing it will be close to the payout last week which is just a shade under $4K for the winner.

Now if the Jets wins then it's a different story as that means 2 of the bigger favorites would go down. I think we would be looking at about $10K+ in that scenario.

sickler
    Facade 101

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    You posted a link to a pool scam, don' t act innocent. And don't post that link again.

First 12