iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

NFL Power Rankings... (Week 3)

The soap opera that is the NFL delivered again in week 3... The replacement referees are becoming a bigger story than the games themselves... For a company that makes billions of dollars a year to let this continue over a couple million bucks makes no sense at all. There has to be more to the story, hopefully we will find out more in the coming weeks...

The biggest winners this week were the locked out refs!! On to the rankings...

1. Texans: (3-0) They have dominated all three of their games to start the year, and have the Titans and Jets on deck so they could easily start the season 5-0. Andre Johnson isn't hurt yet either!!

2. Packers: (1-2) I'm not dropping them any spots. Seattle is THE toughest place to play right now for visiting teams, and they dominated the second half and deserved a W...

3. Falcons: (3-0) I'm pretty sure something special is brewing in Atlanta... The pressure they put on Rivers has me thinking this might be the team to beat. You'll have to beat someone outside the AFC Worst before I crown you though...

4. 49ers: (2-1) They gave up a rushing TD and Alex Smith threw a pick... If they lose to the Jets they're out of the top 10!!!

5. Ravens: (2-1) Didn't think they'd beat the Pats, guess I better show them a little love... Still don't like Flacco's lack of mobility...

6. Patriots: (1-2) This is not an elite team anymore... Brady can win any game, but now they must play good for 60 minutes to beat the better teams...

7. Bears/Cowboys: (2-1) Talented defense, shaky O-line, and erratic QB play leave everyone wondering how good they really are...

8. Cowboys/Bears: (2-1) Talented defense, shaky O-line, and erratic QB play leave everyone wondering how good they really are...

9. Cardinals: (3-0) Great start, need to win next four (Dolphins,Rams,Bills,Vikings) before they run into 49ers, Packers, and Falcons...

10. Giants: (2-1) With Eagles, Skins, and Saints not living up to expectations, Playoffs now possible again...

11. Steelers: (1-2) A Steelers team that can't run the ball or play defense (until healthy) shouldn't try to run the ball with a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter... Just keep passing next time :bashhead:

12. Eagles: (2-1) The Vick fumble before half that was returned 90-somethin' yards for a TD pretty much sums up this team... Talented enough to get all the way there, but dumb enough to fukk everything up when they get there...

13. Seahawks: (2-1) Fun to watch this defense play at home, but when you watch them play on the road you can see what they really are... a bunch of over-achievers...

14. Lions: (1-2) Only the Lions can make up a 14 point deficit in 18 seconds to force OT and then botch a 4th and 1 play to lose the game :rofl:

15. Bengals: (2-1) Easy schedule will have this team over-rated all year long... Same old story, beat the bad, lose to the good...

16. Broncos: (1-2)
    The best team in the worst division (AFC West) in football. Something tells me they will finish the season strong...

17. Saints: (0-3) Still think this team is very dangerous, but remaining schedule is too tough to get back in the playoff hunt...

18. Buccaneers: (1-2) There will be a lot of good, scrappy teams like these guys in the NFC that will miss the playoffs...

19. Chargers: (2-1) Falcons made them look BAD at home, never out of the playoff hunt thanks to playing in NFL's worst division...

20. Redskins: (1-2) They've given up at least 30 points in every game this year, they were better last year with Grossman at QB and a great defensive presence, but we all know that doesn't sell tickets...

21. Chiefs: (1-2) If they put everything together they can challenge the Broncos and Chargers for the division... Keep an eye on their defense, they have what is needed to shut down opposing teams...

22. Panthers: (1-2) Poor Cam, Giants made him look like a linebacker playing quarterback... Next four defenses won't be much easier (Falcons,Seahawks,Cowboys,Bears)... Defense looked atrocious...

23. Bills: (2-1) Now that Revis is out for the year they can beat the Jets, and with 7 winnable games to end the season they are my darkhorse team to sneak into the AFC playoffs...

24. Vikings: (2-1) Ponder seems better under duress, Peterson looked strong, still have a strong home-field advantage... Maybe I underestimated this team??

25. Titans: (1-2)
    So they beat the Lions at home, needed 2 special teams TD's and overtime to do it... If they stay within 14 points of the Texans I will be impressed...

26. Rams: (1-2) Any time they play a team at home that can't run the ball, they have a shot to win...This equation usually results in about 4 wins for the season...

27. Dolphins: (1-2) You have to wonder how good this team would be with Brandon Marshall...

28. Browns: (0-3)
    They will start to win a game here and there when CB Joe Haden returns...

29. Colts: (1-2) Probably better than this, team is not good enough to 'sit' on leads... need to put teams away...

30. Jaguars: (1-2) For having one of the worse QB's in the league, they sure do keep games close and give themselves a chance to win a lot...

31. Raiders: (1-2) Beating the Steelers might have impressed some... not me...

32. Jets: (2-1) You want to see how important a shut-down corner that can tackle is?? He has allowed Mark Sanchez to keep his job the last 3 years... The circus is about to get good!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Holtgetsback

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3364

Jets at 32. Don't think so.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i would have atl 2, decided this before pack gm last night, atl d is what has really impressed me, i knew their offense was legit but damn i didnt expect them to go to sd and put that curb stomping down...

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

jets 32? hahaName:  smoking crack.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  4.3 KB

2daBank

hard to put gb ahead of sf when sf handled them @ Lambeau ...so guess im saying hou, atl, sf, are 1,2,3...then you can do what you want w pack, no problem with them anywhere between 4 and 6, but they are still incredibly 1 dimensional (even tho they did run in second half), as much as this has turned into a pussyfied passing league im still a old school cat that thinks running and stopping the run get you a long way and dont like teams who's qb says shit like "what makes you think we have to run".

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Oh iiFold, you know people only wanna power rankings based on records hahah how dare you have a 1-2 team at second

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    Oh iiFold, you know people only wanna power rankings based on records hahah how dare you have a 1-2 team at second
    1-2 team second
    0-3 team 17th
    2-1 team last

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Packers 2nd best, Jets worst in league. Better record for the Jets.

Unreal.

Are you a PATS fan, or did you simply forget about the JETS and simply just quickly added them?

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

there is a difference between standings and power rankings. Power Rankings are a reflection of how you think the team will do this season. Revis is injured for season ... Thats why the Jets are not that high.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

iifold a bitter Dolphins fan.....

Jets without Revis are 5-1 all time

No Credibility

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

jets #32

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    jets 32? hahaName:  smoking crack.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  4.3 KB
    indeed

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    there is a difference between standings and power rankings. Power Rankings are a reflection of how you think the team will do this season. Revis is injured for season ... Thats why the Jets are not that high.
    Not that high??? How about dead fukkin last!!

iifold
    Update your status

Of the Jets remaining 13 games...

How many of them will they be favored???

iifold
    Update your status

This genius has Jets 15th...

Saints 31st...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...iters_harrison

therushishere
    therushishere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

Falcons 30-1 to win Super Bowl Pre-Season.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

ESPN has Jets 17, Yahoo Sports has Jets 18, CBS Sports has Jets 15

Just confirm that you're a bitter Dolphins fan/Jets Hater so I can stop arguing with you and your bullshit power rankings in the future, thanks

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Jets -350 vs. Dolphins next time they play

iifold
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post

rm18
    Update your status

6 maybe but hard to say lot of small spreads

iifold
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    6 maybe but hard to say lot of small spreads
    I see 3 or 4...

Colts
    Dolphins
    @Rams (this may be a pick em by then)
    @Jags (might be a pick em as well)

rm18
    Update your status

They should be favored vs. Arizona and SD, it is a long year those teams are not as good as their record either.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jets, currently, on my PR are 12th.

Needs to be slightly adjusted for Revis, but it's not that drastic. Jets have the potential to be a live dog this weekend.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

who cares what the spread is squares are not high on the jets period, people who know football see the jets have not been blitzing that much this year, they will live and die by the blitz now that revis is gone and let's see what happens, david harris is going to put alex smith into a coma guarantee
    Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

and gtfo jets number 32

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

love these power rankings iifold

keep up the good work

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Jets a top 10 team

2daBank

screw these jets homers foldy,,,,they would have been pissed if you put them about 18-22 where they belong.. i like them better at 32 if only for a little effect..lololol
    Points Awarded:

iifold gave 2daBank 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    only for a little effect..lololol
    he just doesn't like them, that's fine.

jwater
    jwater's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1278

Cowboys a little high. Romo hasnt been playing well. Their running game has been non existent

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

maybe not 32 but i def agree Jets arent good at all. Hell they almost lost to the Phins without Bush in 2nd half.
    Have write ups for each time i respect that.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

This man KNOWS his NFL football, the best out there by far!!!

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Id put the jets #33

SavantWorldwide
    SavantWorldwide's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting rankings for sure. I do my own as well. They are based on ratings that my team evaluation formula comes up with. I've spent the past year developing Savant. I tested it against every NFL game from 2003-2011 it was 73% SU and 66% ATS as well as predicting ever SB winner in that span. You can check out my rankings and wk 4 picks here http://pureprofootballpicks.wordpress.com/

I don't expect anyone to start wagering my picks, just track them, Savant will earn your trust without a doubt...and what's it hurt to track? It's FREE!

Good luck with all your wagers!

SavantWorldwide
    SavantWorldwide's Avatar Become A Pro!

Forgot to mention Savant went 10-5-1 ATS in wk 3

http://pureprofootballpicks.wordpress.com/

12 Last