R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Giants best fade in reg. season?

Year after year this team plays.500 ball in reg season yet they have won 2 S.B's in last 5 years! My cousin is a die-hard Giants fan but always makes excuses on the injuries (mainly secondary). This team always seems to play mediocre ball on both sides all year then ERUPT in Jan. This is not a bad team like the KC Queefs who whine about 3 "key" guys being out all year despite the fact their overall injury report is WAY lower than most teams yet still lose either way. But once Jan hits all of a sudden Sheli is Joe Montana and the defense is the 85 Bears! Are they just lazy or what? Giants fans please speak up! Until Jan. hits... if they make it on another backdoor or week 17 miracle I wanna fade these clowns!

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Oh yeah the other "excuse" or reason which I can attest to is the Giants receivers drop ALOT of balls (ala Dwayne Bowe) during the reg. season. However once Jan. hits they suddenly start playing like Rice or C. Carter! Like I said my cousin is a huge fan so I watch alot of their games myself but just don't understand the jekyl and hyde persona this team has between reg. season and playoffs?

MMA Fan
    MMA Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Team is hard to cap since they have so much fire power on offense with Eli, Cruz, and Nicks, despite an awful run game, and generally low ranked defense. Then when you think the over is the bets to make, their defense gets pressure all game or their mediocre offensive line doesn't give much time.

They are capable of beating good teams because they have great defensive lineman and great QB. But they are bad enough to lose to shit teams since their D is reliant on the D-line, which can be negated certain games, and they can't run the ball or pass protect that well.

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Overs looking good with secondary issues and lack of running game. Obviously books are adjusting accordingly so im thinking wait until end of week and play their unders if # works.

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

i'm seeing 51.5 though. not enough to play under imo. needs to be 54 and that's not going to happen. i would buy a point but can't see it getting to 53.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

I see the Carolina game as a coin flip however the total does interest me more and I lean ov.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    I see the Carolina game as a coin flip however the total does interest me more and I lean ov.
    LOVE Carolina, tough spot for the G-men playing on the road off the shortest week. Huge emotional win, but a very physical contest that'll leave them flat as a pancake in Carolina.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Yeah your probably right Stevedore. And you get the home squad at a pick'em... for now anyway!