hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

I haven't had many complaints about the replacement refs so far

But how the hell did they call that a fumble on Vick.

Better be overturned.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Refs and Vick deliver.

This game is already 3 1/2 hours old. They gotta shorten games up or else they'll be starting the 2nd games at 5:07

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

The 1Q of the WSH/STL game will be talked about for quite some time. Absolutely embarrassing refereeing.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: nosniboR11

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    The 1Q of the WSH/STL game will be talked about for quite some time. Absolutely embarrassing refereeing.
    Yeah, after 5 minutes of deliberation, they had to be reminded what down it was . Absolutely ludicrous.

eastern2
    eastern2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pats got hosed on wood head td - terrible holding call on gronk

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

10 blind people could of done a better job

atrocious

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68569

The refs are having a terrible time today.

Almost embarrassing.

This might move up the timetable for talks .

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

get Sunday Ticket and watch more than a local game, refs are horrible so far, they just havent made any mistakes that gambling degens can cry about. but if you looked at bad calls they have made that led up to losses you would kill yourself.

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

They just made an idiot call in the Cowboys game too

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Wow, 4Q of DAL/SEA game you'll see a Roughing the Passer call on a bullshit push and the referees completely miss the blind side, helmet to helmet hit by Tate on Lee.

Absolutely disgusting.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Wow, 4Q of DAL/SEA game you'll see a Roughing the Passer call on a bullshit push and the referees completely miss the blind side, helmet to helmet hit by Tate on Lee.

Absolutely disgusting.
    Absolutely. That was a complete joke. Making the game safer, my ass.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

I think we've had more "referee" delays and blown calls the last 2 weeks than all of last year.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    I think we've had more "referee" delays and blown calls the last 2 weeks than all of last year.
    That isn't true, we're just noticing more because that's how the issue is being framed. If you think for a second there weren't fukked up calls during every game last season you clearly didn't wager on any of them.

I will say that the referees in the DAL/SEA game look 12 years old and it's just pissing me off even more.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

That isn't true, we're just noticing more because that's how the issue is being framed. If you think for a second there weren't fukked up calls during every game last season you clearly didn't wager on any of them.

I will say that the referees in the DAL/SEA game look 12 years old and it's just pissing me off even more.
    I think the one that Garrett was bitching out over the no-call on Lee hit was a 12 year old GIRL!! Honest to God.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Games are running much longer because these guys can't figure things out fast enough. Reviews taking longer, getting through a penalty call taking longer, hell turning on the mic is taking longer. Hard to believe the billion dollar business is arguing over a few million. Pennywise, dollar dumb if you ask me.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Every flag in the Jets Steelers game took 10 minutes to discuss.....so annoying

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

there was a pretty pathetic 5 minute span in the Ravens/Eagles game where the refs called a Vick pass a fumble. It legitimately was a spiral that went like 6 yards and they called it a fumble

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Every game I watched today, they were horrible. Eagles-Ravens. Rams-Redskins. Bits and pieces of others. As stated earlier, every penalty takes them a huddle to conference and make the call. Regular refs must be laughing pretty hard.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Every game I watched today, they were horrible. Eagles-Ravens. Rams-Redskins. Bits and pieces of others. As stated earlier, every penalty takes them a huddle to conference and make the call. Regular refs must be laughing pretty hard.
    Not only that, but the games are starting to get out of control. Extra hits after almost every whistle and many skirmishes. Gonna be one hell of a brawl soon.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've watched just about every game (NFL Game Pass) and I honestly think those who have no gripe with the replacement refs have only watched a couple games. They've stunk it up so far, and have been ridiculed by most broadcast teams.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: DJ Dalamar

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lou, let us pray that your avatar wins the presidency.... we.... must .... save ..... civilization!

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Everyone has made very good points and I have to agree with them all. But what really sums it up is that THERE IS A GIRL REFEREE!!!

Get that shit outtta here

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

The replacement refs were not too bad in the first week and this week they were awful. So many bad calls it wasn't funny.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11989

The rams skins contest is probably the worst officiated game I've ever seen in any sport.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

Stealth I totally agree!!!

Mr Parlay to you
    Mr Parlay to you's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by eastern2 View Post
    Pats got hosed on wood head td - terrible holding call on gronk
    Um no, clearly holding. One of the better calls. But I agree with the length of games being a problem. Everything seems to take forever to solve.

mikemca
    Update Status

You're entitled to your opinion but I disagree.Name an instance where the real refs gave a team an extra time out by not knowing the rules.I agree there are questionable calls with the regular refs too but this shyt is 10x worse.

Mike650i
    Mike650i's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

It's pretty sad considering how much money the NFL makes that they couldn't make a deal with the refs.

There were some things the refs union were asking for that was a bit much...but considering the rains of money the league makes, risking losing viewers due to poor officiating is a bad move.

Baseball lost a lot of viewers after the strike and the lack of instant replay is tilting. Instant replay (i.e. better officiating) is part of the reason football dominates. NFL needlessly risking losing some of its dominance imo.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    They've stunk it up so far, and have been ridiculed by most broadcast teams.
    That is the thing that has surprised me the most; how the commentators are openly insulting the officiating crew any chance they get.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post

You're entitled to your opinion but I disagree.Name an instance where the real refs gave a team an extra time out by not knowing the rules.I agree there are questionable calls with the regular refs too but this shyt is 10x worse.
    How about a referee giving possession to a team in overtime because they fukked up which side of the coin the team called?

mikemca
    Update Status

Mishearing someone and not knowing the rules aren't even in the same universe.I didn't think there would be much difference with replacement refs but its not even debatable , these guys are horrendous .

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Any refs are going to make bad calls. These don't have the understanding. They called illegal contact instead of PI multiple times in Eagles game. They take long to figure out where to move the ball. Someone posted something about the ref moving the ball off the hash at the request of the center. They lack the "I'm the authority who tells you what's going on. I've done this 10 years you know shit"

edit nbc honestly just talked about PI after

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

I think they've done fine

The REAL refs can kiss their asses goodbye. No one needs em

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    I think they've done fine

The REAL refs can kiss their asses goodbye. No one needs em

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

I'm all for locking the union out.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Replacements were horrible today

Officiating in Redskins-Rams tilt was beyond pathetic

Looked like 10 guys who collect shopping carts at a fukkin local supermarket were shuttled over to the dome last minute to work the game

They all should of been taken out back after the game and shot one by one in the back of the fukkin head

12 Last