PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Bc the eagles are the more talented team on both sides of the ball and are playing at home. The question is whether or not they can play diciplined football.
    The Eagles are more talented ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL?!

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

After reading 2 pages of posts there I can not believe there is only 1 post about Balt home vs Away! They struggle on the road, look at last year....They lost some very winnable games (@Tenn/@Jags/@Seattle).
    However my main point for betting Philly this week....look who Balt has next?
    NE @ Home!
    This is a perfect look ahead spot, then add a short week to it and Reed's groin strain will not help them against the speed of Philly!
    So as much as I hate to side with Lakerboy and his Monopoly money bets, I think Philly is the right side.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Soxsfan9 View Post
    After reading 2 pages of posts there I can not believe there is only 1 post about Balt home vs Away! They struggle on the road, look at last year....They lost some very winnable games (@Tenn/@Jags/@Seattle).
    However my main point for betting Philly this week....look who Balt has next?
    NE @ Home!
    This is a perfect look ahead spot, then add a short week to it and Reed's groin strain will not help them against the speed of Philly!
    So as much as I hate to side with Lakerboy and his Monopoly money bets, I think Philly is the right side.
    What gives you confidence that Philly is great playing at home? San Fran came here last year, in the opener, and mauled the Eagles after they took a commanding lead in the first half.

What gives you confidence the Eagles can handle a team of Baltimore's caliber? They went 8-8 last season, and struggled against Cleveland in the opener this season.

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    What gives you confidence that Philly is great playing at home? San Fran came here last year, in the opener, and mauled the Eagles after they took a commanding lead in the first half.

What gives you confidence the Eagles can handle a team of Baltimore's caliber? They went 8-8 last season, and struggled against Cleveland in the opener this season.
    Actually Philly lost to the Giants in their opener! As well I am betting more that Balt will be in a "letdown/look ahead" mode.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Soxsfan9 View Post
    Actually Philly lost to the Giants in their opener! As well I am betting more that Balt will be in a "letdown/look ahead" mode.
    Oh yeah my bad. Their home opener was against the Giants which they lost. Then they played San Fran again at home the following week and lost again.

Baltimore might be in look ahead mode but the Eagles struggled against Cleveland. I see nothing special in this Eagles team. Baltimore, on the other hand, might be Super Bowl bound.

I also see the Eagles D struggling against Baltimore's new no-huddle offense.

Don't see anything about this game which tells me the Eagles have a realistic shot at winning nor why they should be favorites.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Ravens by 14+

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

The Eagles are more talented ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL?!
    Absolutely, philly has more individual talent on both the offense and defensive side of the ball. Obviously means nothing if they dont play smart football or dont play as a team.. but no doubt about it, eagles have the more talented squad on paper

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Absolutely, philly has more individual talent on both the offense and defensive side of the ball. Obviously means nothing if they dont play smart football or dont play as a team.. but no doubt about it, eagles have the more talented squad on paper
    So you would take the Eagles D over the Ravens D?

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3365

I will take Flacco/Rice over Vick/McCoy.

dlunc3

Talent wise? Sure without a doubt...esp when factoring in that the ravens are playing without their best defensive player...

The Eagles d is loaded with speed and pro bowl talent in their prime.. Man for man, id say absolutely the eagles are the more talented unit... The way they are coached and the way they play on the feild as a team though could be a different story. WIll this years d play like the d that looked out of sorts most of last yr under the first yr d coordinator (without an offseason)? yet still was a top 10 defense? Or will they play like the d we saw the last 4 weeks of the season--- the d that gave up a total of 46 points in 4 games combined?and adding in the fact that the linebacking core has what a lot of people are saying could be the defensive rookie of the yr in Kendricks next to a solid middle linebacker in Demeco? idk, this d could be absolutely lights out, or could prove to just be a bunch of individuals playing under a clueless coordinator... getting asante out of the mix will help along with the new lbs and cox in the middle... so we'll see.. this unit was top 10 last yr and played so far under their potential.. so who knows... but the talent shouldnt be the question..

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    I will take Flacco/Rice over Vick/McCoy.
    cant stop there though... you take flacco, rice, boldin, smith and dickson over vick, mccoy, maclin, djax, celek and even avant? idk about that.. outside of vick (unless hes on his game), the talent and speed on that offensse is pretty loaded... its a shame peyton didnt wanna play in the same division as his brother. If he somehow coulda became an eagles (which the eagles front office wanted), that coulda been scary

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3365

cant stop there though... you take flacco, rice, boldin, smith and dickson over vick, mccoy, maclin, djax, celek and even avant? idk about that.. outside of vick (unless hes on his game), the talent and speed on that offensse is pretty loaded... its a shame peyton didnt wanna play in the same division as his brother. If he somehow coulda became an eagles (which the eagles front office wanted), that coulda been scary
    Overall, I think Balt is the better team. Not saying Philly does not have talent, but their play last year indicates something is not totally right. Should be a close game, I will take the dog and the points.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Talent wise? Sure without a doubt...esp when factoring in that the ravens are playing without their best defensive player...

The Eagles d is loaded with speed and pro bowl talent in their prime.. Man for man, id say absolutely the eagles are the more talented unit... The way they are coached and the way they play on the feild as a team though could be a different story. WIll this years d play like the d that looked out of sorts most of last yr under the first yr d coordinator (without an offseason)? yet still was a top 10 defense? Or will they play like the d we saw the last 4 weeks of the season--- the d that gave up a total of 46 points in 4 games combined?and adding in the fact that the linebacking core has what a lot of people are saying could be the defensive rookie of the yr in Kendricks next to a solid middle linebacker in Demeco? idk, this d could be absolutely lights out, or could prove to just be a bunch of individuals playing under a clueless coordinator... getting asante out of the mix will help along with the new lbs and cox in the middle... so we'll see.. this unit was top 10 last yr and played so far under their potential.. so who knows... but the talent shouldnt be the question..

Bit of a homer much?

2011 Baltimore Ravens Defensive Statistics

Allowed 266 Points Scored. Ranked 3rd in the league.

Allowed 4622 Total Yards. Ranked 3rd in the league.

Allowed 3140 Passing Yards. Ranked 4th in the league.

Allowed 11 Passing TD's. Ranked 1st in the league.

Allowed 1482 Rushing Yards. Ranked 2nd in the league.

Allowed 10 Rushing TD's. Ranked 6th in the league.

Allowed 3.5 Yards Per Rushing Attempt. Ranked 2nd in the league.

2011 Philadelphia Eagles Defensive Statistics

Allowed 328 Points Scored. Ranked 10th in the league.

Allowed 5198 Total Yards. Ranked 8th in the league.

Allowed 3397 Passing Yards. Ranked 10th in the league.

Allowed 27 Passing TDs. Ranked 24th in the league.

Allowed 1801 Rushing Yards. Ranked 16th in the league.

Allowed 11 Rushing TDs. Ranked 15th in the league.

Allowed 4.4 Rushing Yards Per Attempt. Ranked 19th in the league.

There is no reasonably logical way that one can come to the conclusion that the Eagles D is better or more talented than the Ravens D.
    Last edited by PhillyFlyers; 09-12-12 at 12:10 PM.

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

This game is obviously a test to see if the Ravens are the same inconsistent team.
    Same thing happened last year in the opener where they demolished Pitt.... A week later lost @Titans.
    Don't know what to expect with this new offense.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by Full Time Hobo View Post
    This game is obviously a test to see if the Ravens are the same inconsistent team.
    Same thing happened last year in the opener where they demolished Pitt.... A week later lost @Titans.
    Don't know what to expect with this new offense.
    Probably can reasonably expect your defense to be on the field less than they normally would be as the no huddle should give an additional 10 or more offensive plays per game if nothing else.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Eagles Wide Receivers DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin both missed practice today. This was not due to injury as both players are totally healthy but due to the fact that both earnestly want to avoid possible decapitation by Ed Reed in Sunday's game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/83...-miss-practice

dlunc3

So you would take the Eagles D over the Ravens D?
    both sides of the ball

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Because they are going to win.
    Question answered.

First 123