dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Bc the eagles are the more talented team on both sides of the ball and are playing at home. The question is whether or not they can play diciplined football.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

if you think the line is wrong hammer it don't chirp about how its wrong so the rest of us can pound it and move the line down to +2.5.

colts
    colts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    The most explosive offense in football that was held to 17 points. By Cleveland. Going against the Ravens D.

I guess teams like the Pats, Packers, Falcons, Giants, Lions don't have a offense anywhere near as good as the #1 Eagles.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Who cares about Week 1, pretend it never existed.

Eagles should be -3 at least.
    K13 has best post in this thread.

If you cap games based on previous results in NFL you will be done by week 5.

coop
    coop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Ravens home and away are two different monsters
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChalkyDog

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    I would say there about 10 QB's better than Vick in the league. And if you look at upside (Luck, RG3, Newton, Dalton) he may fall further than that. Plus he is injury prone. Dynamic for sure, but not as good as advertised imo.
    Hell i think foles is better than he is.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    You act like this is something special. He threw the ball 56 times.

You throw the ball that many times you should have 450 yards of offense.

The Ravens D is a lot better than Cleveland's.
    Birds offense was putting up 400-500 yards all year last year too and vick didnt throw that many times. Eagles have the most explosive offense in the game hands down. The ravens D ws good 10 years ago, now they are just average with a reputation for being tough.
    Last edited by MC PICKS; 09-11-12 at 05:57 PM.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

TheGreek had +3.5 Baltimore. Still +3 now.

Curious, what do you guys think the line should be?

calmeat
    calmeat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1849

PhilllyFlyers im with you on this one. Watching my home team year after year you get a sense of a team. It seems to me that everytime we play Balt some how we always have a backup finishing the game. If Ed reed is out then i say mabe the line makes sense but if he plays i give the advantage to BAL. The birds play calling is so predictable you can begin to call out the plays before they happen. The way i look at Baltimore is the same as philly But BAL coach can call a game, The OC for BALT is way better and BAL has a more solid D. Flacco rarely coughs up the football while Vick under pressure gives the ball up id say 1 out 6 passes.

"Don't expect the same strategy that was shown against the Browns to happen in Philly. No way the Eagles cater to the Ravens' strength."
    - Why not they do it every game. and they also dont correct issues they have on their own team. Vick is a terrible QB. I have said this from day 1. I watched an episode he was on of pros vs joes and he couldnt even hit the Joe with passes. Teams know how to play Vick now as evident as the past year and a half. That one year that he was unbelievable was his first year as starter and only the first half then teams figured him out and he hasnt rebounded since. Once Bal gets up 2TDs you will see the O calls going to passes and a lot of 3 and outs.

Oh not to mention Maclin, If hes out ill pound BAL

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Ravens are sloppy on the road. But it depends on the teams they face.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ravens would crush em,

but since NFL is the biggest money maker for Vegas by a landslide,

Eagles will crush them.........................

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I like Phila here

They usually play well in big games

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I like Phila here

They usually play well in big games
    5k spot bet + video?

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

I love what I saw out of Baltimore's offense, may be the best in the AFC

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Dont you do it Brock. Dont you dare fukking do it pal

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

I think Baltimore mops the field with Philly this week. I believe Baltimore has taken the cuffs off Flacco, I hear the QBs' coach told Cameron, FU, we're going to let this kid play. They've employed a no huddle, which gives them another 10/12 plays and they've let Flacco change the play at the line. The results are hard to ignore. Philly on the other hand is in total disarray. Reid has hitched his future to a 100 million has been. I don't care how you cut it, spin it or try to justify it, Vicks' better days are way behind him. Reid is going down in flames with this guy and is too afraid to make a change most know will benefit this team. They are going to see a Baltimore team that can smell blood in the water. This is just my opinion but I don't see Baltimore losing this game, Philly is too fragmented and ****** up!!!!!!

blumpkin
    blumpkin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5754

Eagles at home with an extra day of rest and to prepare. Balt. travels after a monday awesome offensive performance but now on a short week. I think the line says it all.. its an eagles line and i believe are the right side here.

Redchevy

From what I saw of the Eagles last Sunday, I don't give a shit if they had an extra week of rest to prep for Baltimore. This Team is flat out dysfunctional. They should have mopped the floor with Cleveland with one hand tied behind their backs but they didn't and there is a reason for that. I suspect this group reads and listens to too much of the BS by the media about how good they are. Trust me, this team has "ZERO" heart, there is no fire or sense of urgency what so ever. As much as I like and respect Andy, I also think there is too much on his mind and this team is just running through the motions without clear direction. JMO on it.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Reid trying to turn Vick into a pocket passer

Vick was obliterated in the pocket last week against Cleveland

Vick has lost his own identity and is unsure of himself as being a pocket passer is not natural for him

This team will go as far as Vick takes them.

Redchevy

Pocket passer he's not but he is one hit away from the IR. I just don't see this working out for Philly, they spent a 100 mil, in a bad place. JMO on it.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    I love what I saw out of Baltimore's offense, may be the 2nd best in the AFC
    Fixed it for ya.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    Fixed it for ya.
    Who's first?

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Dont you do it Brock. Dont you dare fukking do it pal
    you gots lots of opinions about me for a guy who hasn't even been here a year....

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    I love what I saw out of Baltimore's offense, may be the best in the AFC
    did Brady retire?

FootballIsBack
    FootballIsBack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Already said but Ravens on a short week. No pre-gaming for Vick

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

BAL crushed PIT last year in week 1, everyone was all over them (including me) and TEN ended up winning 26-13. I don't think they make the same mistake again, its either gonna be BAL big or a toss up so I'm definitely taking BAL and the points (+3).

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Ravens are not that great away. They lost to the Jaguars on MNF last year also.

trapezoid
    trapezoid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1341

Baltimore ML....for me...eagles great on paper..hit or miss on the field...maclin may be out...hostile field yeah but that goes both ways...boos may start early if philly can't put some points on the board..they need to play exceptional and hit on all cylinders...but i'm not holding my breath...eagles been overhyped for years now...time to deliver

scottybweyy
    scottybweyy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

They are loving NFC teams this week...

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Don't underestimate Vick Kraken

Guy throws 80 yards with flick of the wrist. no one else can do it.

Azshadios
    Azshadios's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1607

vick is still overrated, they might have a chance of winning if fole and macclin play otherwise, if is too good to be true then is probably is raven and over all day

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by calmeat View Post
    Vick is a terrible QB. I have said this from day 1. I watched an episode he was on of pros vs joes and he couldnt even hit the Joe with passes. Teams know how to play Vick now as evident as the past year and a half. That one year that he was unbelievable was his first year as starter and only the first half then teams figured him out and he hasnt rebounded since. Once Bal gets up 2TDs you will see the O calls going to passes and a lot of 3 and outs.

Oh not to mention Maclin, If hes out ill pound BAL
    Vick completed 29-of-56 passes for 317 yards, two touchdowns and four interceptions. Against the lowly Brown's D.

I'm starting to believe Vick isn't the passer the rest of the world believes him to be.

He still has his secret weapon, his explosive speed, but if Raven's D can crush the weak Eagle's O-line, I see Vick doing a lot of throwing (and missing) in this game.

I'm pounding Raven's hard. And if they're up at the half, I'm going to pound Raven 2H even harder.

I think the line should've been Eagles PK, taking heavy consideration of homefield advantage. I don't get the line at all... it makes me second guess, what do the oddsmakers know? They may be catering to the Philly homers, who'll probably pound Eagles regardless.

Parligod
    Parligod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

If I had to pick I'd go Baltimore. I really do think they'll start relying more on offense in the upcoming season(s) to cut their D some slack. Their off season picks/trades have been great and they'll start seeing returns. On the flip side, Philly crowds are one of the loudest/most loyal and the Eagles feel that vibe at home. I think their 1st game was ugly and lots of things can/will be cleaned up in next game, plus I don't like the short turnaround for the Ravens. Vick's numbers were overly ugly while Flacco's were overly pretty; reality will balance out those numbers this game.

That said this game smells fishy. I'd stay away as there's too many variables.
    Last edited by Parligod; 09-12-12 at 03:02 AM.

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Ravens would crush em,

but since NFL is the biggest money maker for Vegas by a landslide,

Eagles will crush them.........................
    I'm going to closely watch RLM. Could be huge trap game, but there's so many square Philly homers, I don't see why the oddsmakers would pick this game to be a trap. The public should pound Eagles, even though IMHO, they are the weaker team.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post
    Ravens home and away are two different monsters
    Sharp Post!

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    TheGreek had +3.5 Baltimore. Still +3 now.

Curious, what do you guys think the line should be?

PK

First 123 Last