Parligod
    Parligod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

Week 4 Steal of the week?

Was going through the lines today and noticed the Bengals/Jags point total was at 43. Both these teams can score and neither is reputed for their defense. I just don't see how this game stays under 43. Thoughts?

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

neither team reputed for defense? Jags were one of the top 10 Defenses in the league last year and they still are. Very underrated D that keeps the team in games cuz their offense sucks.

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bengals D was 7th last year, although they've been abysmal thus far. The bengals can score, not the Jags. Bengals -2 much safer. I'm on it for 500

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29982

Yeah, Jags aren't a reliable scoring team. Most of their passing offense this year has come on 2 huge plays at the end of games, having watched every Jags game I can say it was pretty flukey and they're not actually a big play team. They're also pretty bad in the red zone

I agree I like Cinci ATS more than either over/under though, even though it seems like a very square bet with the public on it heavily. But I follow the Jags closely and I only see them winning this game about 1/3 times... Gabbert and the pass offense needs to turn around big time for them to win. It's been bad so far and they were very lucky to beat the Colts yesterday

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29982

Oh and even though Jax has a decent defense (particularly run D), decent secondary when healthy (just got Derek Cox back which helps) their pass rush is one of the weakest in the league. It's incredible how little pressure they get. I've learned not to pick overs in Jags games, but Dalton with time to throw could screw under backers too. Hence why I don't like either side of the total, total toss-up