scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never thought I would say this but I love the Lions in week 5

Gimmie 7 here and I will be all over this even 6.5, Viking have had a decent start but after 4 weeks I think its back to reality for the Vikes and the 2-0 start was a bit of a mirage facing a skins team with a limited Portis and a Panthers team without any punch missing Steve Smith. Its rare when this team can score a TD on offense. The Lions are starting to click on offense the last few games and as long as the don't lose the turnover battle big I think they cover and may even win SU.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I'd wait til they got closer to 9, even then... Detroit really stinks.

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n
    I'd wait til they got closer to 9, even then... Detroit really stinks.
    I don't think the Lions are as bad as people think. They almost beat the Rams yesterday and stayed with them throughout the entire game. They haven't been blown out by anyone this season, and who are the Vikings to give them 7?

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

also liking the Saints this week -6. Tbay comes in with Bruce Gradkowski making his first start. Well it wont as rocking as the MNF game it will still be very hostile for a guy coming in making his first start and dealing with all the problems that go with that. Saints roll again here I think, I was actually impressed they were able to play fairly well with the Panthers on Sunday after that emotional win. This team may not be superbowl bound but they are solid and Brees brings alot of confidence to this team. Falcons handled Tbay easily at home see no reason why saints shouldn't be upto the task. Only thing in the bucs favor is the bye week.
    Last edited by scottyy11; 10-02-06 at 02:23 PM.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

/agree on NO. They are a very sharp team on the rise.

I'm not so sure on the Lions. I can see the argument that they've stayed in every game - and so has Minn.
    2 divisional rivals, etc, etc.

I think Min covers easy with that spread.
    I think you could make a case if the spread rose, but at under a touchdown, I think the value slightly favors the Vikings.

Of course, recent road dome record could change my opinion some, but I think if it stays under 8-9 points, the value slightly is for Min. The Lions really are bad and Min is very good at home.

John Galt1
    John Galt1's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Saints too, and Minnesota, both -6.5

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14569

I'm With You On Motor City Dog scottyy11 . . .

Quote Originally Posted by scottyy11
    Gimmie 7 here and I will be all over this even 6.5, Viking have had a decent start but after 4 weeks I think its back to reality for the Vikes and the 2-0 start was a bit of a mirage facing a skins team with a limited Portis and a Panthers team without any punch missing Steve Smith. Its rare when this team can score a TD on offense. The Lions are starting to click on offense the last few games and as long as the don't lose the turnover battle big I think they cover and may even win SU.
    MINN's first four games decided by a total of 14 pts. A series
    of close games has a way of tiring a team out and DET's
    recent performance against the spread naturally generates
    value here . . . looks good . . . (I played BUF -1 wk IV as well) . . .

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14569

'76 Buccaneers 0-14: 30th Anniversary Replay?

Quote Originally Posted by scottyy11
    also liking the Saints this week -6. Tbay comes in with Bruce Gradkowski making his first start. Well it wont as rocking as the MNF game it will still be very hostile for a guy coming in making his first start and dealing with all the problems that go with that. Saints roll again here I think, I was actually impressed they were able to play fairly well with the Panthers on Sunday after that emotional win. This team may not be superbowl bound but they are solid and Brees brings alot of confidence to this team. Falcons handled Tbay easily at home see no reason why saints shouldn't be upto the task. Only thing in the bucs favor is the bye week.
    I don't think TB is looking that bad but I do think
    you hit the nail right on the head scottyy11 . . . the bye week
    raises the only question. What effect does the week off have
    on TB? Will they be an 0-3 team interdivisionally focused on the road away from civic scrutiny or do they go into Louisiana stretching and yawning? I'm going to assume the former and now look at the host . . .

Louisiana Law: Payton, Brees, Deuce and Bush . . .
    Payton and Brees form a great coaching QB tandem. Payton
    is a smart HC and he's a QB's coach. I've always liked Brees
    and felt he just needed to land with the right team and I think he's totally in complexion with NO. Add running and stir! Defensively, they were set to draft for linebacker strength before God fell in their lap . . . linebacker corps is in need of
    a leader type but the guys in there right now are playing with
    a lot of heart. NO's secondary is strong especially at ss.

TB will probably come out running . . . I think they'll be in a lot of 3rd and shorts . . . stalled drives . . . FG attempts.
    With TB passing I think we might see an NO INT (or 2?).

The thing that makes me uneasy about taking the favourite in this game (along with the bye) is NO's 4 wats to open season.
    By rights they should be making you pay to take the host here but I don't think they are. I think with NO the LMs are
    showing a slowness to adjust. That'd be based on public
    perception - The Saints will remain being thought of as a
    lower echelon team for another game yet (I had them vs
    CAR wk IV ~ they almost won - Bush fumbled near the GL).
    And TB will be perceived here as desparate for a win 'or their
    season's over' type of thinking.

The dog here can need a bone (win) here all it wants but
    Louisiana is not where they buried it.

There is a house in New Orleans ~ they call the SuperDome . . .