pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

))))))))) Cleveland Browns close to being sold (((((((((

Thank you Randy!!!!!

CLEVELAND -- The Browns are close to being sold to Tennessee businessman Jimmy Haslam, a minority owner of the Steelers, and there's a guarantee the team won't move from Cleveland. (This is updated from previous versions of the story.)

In a press conference today, Browns President Mike Holmgren confirmed that owner Randy Lerner "will give up controlling interest in the team."
    "An unconditional guarantee was given that the Browns would not move before talks could even start,'' a league source told the Plain Dealer.
    Lerner, who denied rumors over the past few months that the Browns were for sale, released a statement this morning that he's in negotiations with Haslam.
    The following is Lerner's full statement:
    "In connection with current rumors and press inquiries, I can report that I've been approached by Mr. Jimmy Haslam, who is interested in making an investment in the Cleveland Browns. We are currently in negotiations and both sides have agreed to keep that dialogue and its details private. Given that any transaction would require League approval, care has been taken so that this process will not be disruptive to the organization, in particular the football team, as it prepares for the upcoming season. We will share further details or make an announcement if it becomes necessary."
    Haslam is President of Pilot Flying J Travel Centers, the nation's largest retail operator of travel centers and truck stops. He is the brother of Tennessee governor Bill Haslam.
    Howard Eskin of NBC 10 in Philadelphia is also reporting that he's hearing former Eagles president Joe Banner is one of the people involved with the group trying to buy the Browns. Eskin first reported in May that the Browns might be on the block, a report the team denied.
    Lerner didn't specify whether he'd be willing to sell the team outright or just a portion of it. Lerner also owns Aston Villa of the English Premier League, but a Villa insider told The Plain Dealer's Tom Reed that rumors Villa is for sale are false.
    Reed also reported that Villa lost $58 million and $85 million over the past two seasons.
    Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson issued a statement reminding that the team is tied to a 30-year lease through 2029 with Cleveland Browns Stadium and that the city would pursue legal options if there was any attempt to break the lease and move the team.
    At a press conference last month, Browns President Mike Holmgren said "the Browns are not for sale.'' (idiot)

Jimmy Haslam III, in negotiations to purchase the Cleveland Browns , is president of Pilot Flying J Travel Centers. The Plain Dealer has been told that negotiations could not begin without a guarantee to keep the team in Cleveland.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Horrible

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

fantastic

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

anythings better than ART MODELL

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I thought owning an NFL team was the only business inthe world that guaranteed profits? Owning the Browns must just suck then.

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

i think its more fan rage because a team like cleveland,so fukking hard to have a .500 season
    i grew up in ohio 70 miles east of the city right off the erie shores
    god i miss those days

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

One of worst Cities and sports franchises I have ever seen

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I take that highly offensive.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

JJ - you are very misguided. Cleveland is a wonderful city that is moving up the ranks of best places to live. Ohio has one of the lowest unemployment rate in the country and will only get better in the future with a lot of tech jobs and Oil/gas money coming in. There's much more to do in Cleveland than 90% of America (search a few post I made on Cleveland when you get the time).

Cleveland sports has been the butt of many jokes but if you research it's sports teams you will see us being very competitive in Football, Basketball and Baseball coming very close to winning titles in each many, many times. Yes, we haven't won a title since 1964 but we've come very close a bunch of times. If there wasn't a Michael Jordan, John Elway or Jose Fukking Mesa, we would have had a half dozen titles in the last couple of decades.

Cleveland has down to earth people. We're no front runners and we are loyal to our city. We will get a title one day and will appreciate it and cherish it not like other cities whose people are ungrateful.

Oh, by the way, Cleveland has a lot of beautiful intelligent woman. Check out the city one day???

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

Dancemanmarc2
    Dancemanmarc2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

I agree with Houlihans...
    I thought NFL Franchises were ATM's?
    Something smells
    Oh well nite

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

maybe he can move this browns team to nashville and rename them the Swiftys and then cleveland will get another team to re-name the browns...

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sez a short,ugly, little bald fuk from NEWARK.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

How is the city of Cleveland??

Is it like Detroit or much cleaner??

pronk

How is the city of Cleveland??

Is it like Detroit or much cleaner??

enjoy!

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    JJ - you are very misguided. Cleveland is a wonderful city that is moving up the ranks of best places to live. Ohio has one of the lowest unemployment rate in the country and will only get better in the future with a lot of tech jobs and Oil/gas money coming in. There's much more to do in Cleveland than 90% of America (search a few post I made on Cleveland when you get the time).

Cleveland sports has been the butt of many jokes but if you research it's sports teams you will see us being very competitive in Football, Basketball and Baseball coming very close to winning titles in each many, many times. Yes, we haven't won a title since 1964 but we've come very close a bunch of times. If there wasn't a Michael Jordan, John Elway or Jose Fukking Mesa, we would have had a half dozen titles in the last couple of decades.

Cleveland has down to earth people. We're no front runners and we are loyal to our city. We will get a title one day and will appreciate it and cherish it not like other cities whose people are ungrateful.

Oh, by the way, Cleveland has a lot of beautiful intelligent woman. Check out the city one day???
    ive seen cleveland, you're painting a very misguided picture here. cleveland is dead downtown, so dead it's eerie

pronk

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    ive seen cleveland, you're painting a very misguided picture here. cleveland is dead downtown, so dead it's eerie
    Dead???