Mike Rose: Redskins vs. Cowboys -6

Raise your hands if you were one of the many that turned the Cowboys from a 2-point dog into a road chalk last week.

Well, I was one of them, though I got a much favorable number, and sat in disgust after they blew a 10-point first quarter lead en route to the 24-17 loss.

Watching QB Bledsoe simply implode in the second half wasn't fun at all, but I simply can't go against them in this spot tonight. Washington just doesn't look right at all. They're having trouble running their new offense, and I'm not sure QB Brunell has the skills necessary to run it effectively. The starters weren't able to notch a single point in the pre-season, and they only put forth

16-points in their own backyard. Hostile surroundings are the last thing this offense needs to deal with. The defense gave up way too many third down conversions a week ago that allowed the Vikings to dominate the TOP, and they just weren't able to muster enough pressure on QB Johnson to force any turnovers.

Now, throw in the fact that Dallas lost both meetings to Gibbs and his Skins a year ago, and you've got a fantastic recipe for a home win and cover for the Boys this evening. HC Bill Parcells was none to pleased with what occurred last week, so you can bet your bottom dollar that he'll have his team's attention for what he wants in this game. He also won't allow them to step off the gas if and when they build a comfortable lead after what occurred in their Monday Night affair last season.

The Cowboys owned the Redskins winning 7 of the previous 8 meetings up until last season, and I look for them to put forth a dominating effort with only their "Bye" to look forward to next week.

Game Time: 9/17/2006 8:15:00 PM (EST)

Play: Dallas Cowboys -6

By: Mike Rose
http://www.who2beton.com