mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Week 2 lines, early thoughts.

Thought i'd put some thoughts down on paper, so to speak. All comments welcome, not plays as much as they are the origins, of what one day, may pass as a coherent thought process.

Raiders/Ravens: Will be interesting to see how Oakland perform tommorrow against SD. Thinking too much has been read into Baltimore's win today, then again i forgot about McNair, LOL. 9's a nice number though.

Texans/Indy: Yeah whatever. Indy didn't look as invincible today as they once did. Lacked a running game. Peyton will prob win this with his arm, so might not be a problem. Although Texans gave Indy trouble last year if i remember correctly and 14's a BIG number. Then again if their ever was a team to lay points with...

Browns/Bengals: 10 points seems a bit steep. Browns though, not to fussed either way.

Bills/Fins: Thinking Bills got the jump on Pats today. Fins had their chances against Pitts. Not really comfortable taking or laying the points here...hmmm.

Lions/Bears: Lions did well against Seattle however they still only managed two field goals. Bears at home will be a much tougher proposition. Bears also look as if they have developed some offensive capabilities, but then again Green Bay? Again, tough call.

Panthers/Vikings: Well today was a complete write-off for the Panthers. I'll assume they've got a bit more to offer than that. Again i'll be watching tommorrow's game with interest.

Giants/Eagles: Big day for Philly today, against Texans though. Giants had plenty of chances today against Indy. Giants wobbly on road. Should be good game. Leaning towards the points.

Buccaneers/Falcons: Don't think i'll be laying any points here. Simms had a shocker today. Expect better next time out.

That's all for now...
    Be back later.
    Last edited by mad; 09-11-06 at 03:35 AM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm thinking that Panthers could be one of those teams that could just be a nice fade these next few weeks.

JohnnyBoy928
    JohnnyBoy928's Avatar Become A Pro!

14 is a little too much points for that INDY game...

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

14 sure is a lot of points, see it's moved to 13 now. Tampa down to 5.5 too. Lions now at 9, think i'll get me some of that if you don't mind.

Anyways, to finish what i started.

Saints/Packers: Favre finished? Well yesterday did little to dispell any doubts. Bears are tough though. Saints with Brees and Reggie showed a little somethin' somethin', although thought Brees' passing left a bit to be desired. All things being equal, should be a close contest. Kinda' like the anti-packer sentiment creeping into this line, particularly at home.

Rams/49'ers: Didn't see either game yesterday, so hard to say. Rams always tough at home so not entirely surprised they won. 49'ers put up a fight which was good to see. Would like more points here, me thinks. San Fran injuries???

Cardinals/Seahawks: Seahawks ground out a tough win. Good teams do that. At face value you'd think the Seahawks at home.

Pats/Jets: Difficult to know what to think with the Pats. Started poorly yesterday. Certainly not going to stay top of the heap for ever, but with Brady at the healm you just never know. Jets won, so can't complain.

Titans/Chargers: Wait and see how this Rivers fella goes. 10.5 is a lot of points, but scoreline was a little flattering for Titans yesterday.

Chief/Broncos: Another 10.5 points. Bronco's blew yesterday, wouldn't expect two performances like that. Chiefs terrible on road though. Would rather take 10.5 with the Chiefs than the Titans.

Skins/Cowboys: Happily take the points and my chances here, Skins unseen.

Pitts/Jags: Thought Pitts were a bit flat v Fins. Jags slow out of the blocks but got the job done. Pitts were dogs yesterday, favs today. Again tough call.

There ya go, just my initial thoughts for next week. Seems like i'm taking a lot of points, but i'm sure i won't be playing and/or agreeing with these initial thougts closer to game time. All thoughts, comments welcome and encouraged.

Best of luck with your plays.
    Last edited by mad; 09-11-06 at 05:43 PM.