Betpoints: 10

imgv 8/24-8/25 NFL Rec 5-1 +7.00 Units

RECORD 5-1 +7.00 Units

1* 6.5 pt Teaser -110
    MIAMI/Carolina UNDER 43
    to
    Minnesota +3.5

Reasoning:
    Carolina has only given up 23pts(11.5ppg)in the two games they have played. Game is being played at Carolina so they should be controling the tempo. I can't imagine Miami scoring too many points
    on the road against Carolina. Miami's defense is solid as well..
    Score should be something like 17-13..

Minnesota game

Baltimore out of their element in DOME-ON ROAD-FIELDTURF. I do not mind getting the +3.5 in this one. I see Minnesota winning
    this game...

Good Luck fellas!!

I have a 2 Unit play for Saturday.. STAY TUNED!!

Thoughts are welcome!!!

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bump for thoughts...

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4687

Preseason week 3, usually the starters get more playing time.

I dont really get to in depth durning preseason. Im just taking a shot with the underdog moneylines, to try and boost my football bankroll a bit.

But its always good to click into your threads to read your thoughts on the games.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I agree with those thoughts on paper - but dang, capping pre-season games is tough... Regular-season rationale need not apply.

However, I agree both picks are strong. The ONLY thing that worries me is that Carolina might release the hounds on offense... And I don't think as highly of Miami's D as most people do, as far as keeping the score low, so much as they keep their team in the game.
    Also, I think Miami can put up points against any D, even though I believe Carolina's D is a top 3 or 4 in the NFL overall and depth-wise. That's a tough call, but likely a smart one... 43 points is a bit high for a game with these 2 teams playing one/another...

I think Baltimore is down in this spot, but wow... Minne hasn't done much to make me think they can play yet. They are probably due, though. I hate betting against McNair, even in pre-season, but I think if Baltimore doesn't score early, they won't score at all... They have no depth up on O, while Minne has some.

I don't want to over-think these picks (you can't in pre-season), but so far, in my gut, I think they are both VERY close and also very correct.
    LUCK TO YOU, sir!

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

With the exception of betting unders the first week of preseason, I stay away from totals during exhibition. Too many crazy things happen. I could easily foresee two defensive TDs in the Car/Mia game, which as you know will kill an under pick. I would have thought the Jax/Mia game would have been low scoring as well, but that one was 31-26. Last week, the TB/Mia game was 13-10. I expect this one will fall somewhere in between those two score, but on the low side or high side? One thing I would guess is that coaches will probably stay conservative (don't want to give anything away to future opponents).

Just my thoughts...good luck!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Preseason week 3, usually the starters get more playing time.
    from the reports i've read on that carolina/miami game. both coaches are planning on starting there starters roughly 3 quarters, and considering it's preseason you gotta assume there will be some blown coverages.

imgv94

Thanks for the thoughts guys. It is always good to hear
    different minds!! Thanks alot!!

imgv94

Lets hope nothing crazy happens..

crackerjack

Good call, IMG. I followed you blindly on this one as I didn't have time to cap the game and I am glad I did.

Cha-ching!

imgv94

Cool, still have to win tomorrows game!!

odds are at -305 @ 5Dimes that we win.. Did you bet
    the Under by itself?

crackerjack

Well, I don't play a lot of teasers, so I took the under 37 as a straight bet based on what you said. I usually don't play someone else's picks, but you've had a pretty awesome preseason. 17-13 is pretty close to the actual score...

imgv94

Glad you cashed sir!!!

Dr.Phil
    Dr.Phil's Avatar Become A Pro!

i followed you as well good luck young man

imgv94

RECORD 6-1 +8.00 Units 86%

crackerjack

En fuego! Good job, imgv. You should have played the parlay instead of the teaser. But who cares, a win's a win! Keep it up...

rolemand
    rolemand's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great call on Minnesota. Blowouts are great to watch (online) when they're in your favor. The ? is when am I gonna start playing your picks. I better not, I might jinx you.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I watched the first 1/2 in both games...
    Wow, I wasn't even nervous that you'd lose EITHER bet.
    GJ, man!
    Damn, I'm losing SERIOUS +++++EV by not having my cash at online books right now.