ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

lol and your the one that says if stafford doesn't have cj he is nothing

UH HE HAS CJ THOUGH DUDE

ttwarrior1

So now were talking about qb's that will get the most wins, make up your god damn mother ******* mind????

Ps; im a steeler fan and unbiased.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Pretty good list.

I would actually put Romo #7. Why would you say he has a "talented team around him"? Who?? His o-line is a horrible group of nobodys. His has an aging good player in Witten, and a pretty good wide out in Austin.....but who else on that offense is really a good, proven NFL player?
    Dez Bryant is about as physically gifted as they come. The only guys more athletic than him are Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson and maybe Julio Jones. Nobody else is in that class. He has the size, speed, strength, leaping ability, hands etc. Bryant is an elite talented WR and return man.

Miles Austin is a very polished WR right now. He's fast, runs good routes, has good hands, reads coverages well etc.

Jason Witten is an all pro TE. You can't complain that you don't have Gronk/Gates/Graham.

Romo did help make Laurent Robinson and I give him credit for that. Robinson is a solid Vet WR but he had some real good numbers. If he's your 4th target throw to you can't complain about talent.

Dallas has had problems at C and RT but Romo has had Lenard Davis and Kyle Kosier who are both pro bowl caliber. They drafted at RT and should get better play in the future. Overall Dallas had a better offensive line than Pittsburgh, Chicago, Giants or Colts last year.

Dallas also found their RB of the future in Murray. Jones isn't ready to be the starter but I think he can excel as a backup.

Romo is a lighting rod and people have different opinions about him. I got accused of being a Cowboys fan for putting him "high" at #9, but you rank him #7. I like the speed with witch Romo plays with. He has urgency and usually has good pocket awareness/shiftyness. He's a smart guy but has had some problems late in games and in big games. He's clearly above average, I'd say certainly he's top 10 but he's not top 5.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    manning 1 and cutler 8

since when is 4000 yards of fantasy different then 4k of real
    How good were the Colts without Manning?
    How good were the Bears without Cutler?

Awful. Instead of contending for playoffs/super bowls they were lucky to win a game.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Warrior ur not a steeler fan, your a knucklehead, lmao you tried to say that to say your unbias... go worry about your fantasy leagues

ttwarrior1

DUDE DUDE DUDE, WITH YOU PUTTING MANNING AT 1, I HAVE TO ASSUME YOU THINK HE WILL HAVE THE MOST YARDS, OR TD PASSES OR BOTH

LIKE I SAID MAKE UP YOUR MIND. YOUR A NON PRO AND DOUBT YOUR OVER 22 YEARS OLD
    LIKE YOU HAVE TO TELL ME HOW GOOD THE COLTS WERE WITHOUT MANNING DUH WILBER

SO NOW YOUR CHANGING THE RULES OF THE THREAD AGAIN, MAKE UP YOUR MIND

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

1 Drew Brees
    2 A Rodgers
    3 Tom Brady
    4. Cam Newton
    5. Michael Vick
    6 Philip Rivers
    7. Stafford
    8 Eli Manning
    9 P manning: if plays
    10 T romo: wouldn't if be wild if they cut romo and took manning, nobody said a word about that
    11. Matt Ryan
    12. Big Ben
    13 M schaub
    14 andy dalton
    15. jay cutler
    16. c palmer
    17 m flynn
    18 m sanchez
    19 j flacco
    20. tim tebow
    21 s bradford
    22 j freeman

KKoz9

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    Good point but Rivers > Romo.

When the Chargers lose it's Mary's fault or Norv's fault. When the Colt's lost it was Manning's fault not Dungy's fault. When the Eagles lost it was Mcnabb's fault not Reids. When the Cowboys lose it's always Romo's fault. It's interesting to see who always gets blamed. But Rivers is still very clearly better than Romo. If he played on the East Coast or for a higher profile franchise he'd get more exposure.

What the hell has Rivers EVER done to be considered "better" than Romo or anyone else?

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by KKoz9 View Post
    What the hell has Rivers EVER done to be considered "better" than Romo or anyone else?
    You're right, they both suck.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Everybody talks about how great Romo's team is ...

Do you know how many rushing touchdowns this team had last season ? 5! That is second worst to only the Browns (4) and oine of those touchdowns was by Romo !

compare that to other teams ...
    Panthers 26 (alot by cam though)
    Philly 20
    New England 18
    houston 18
    Giants 17
    New orleans 16
    Atlanta 14
    Pittsburgh 13 (They also scored 44 points less then the cowboys)
    Green Bay 12
    Chicago 10

It looks to me like Cutler and Romo do alot more then people think.

Sounds like Dallas needs a better offensive game plan. right now, Romo is their best offensive weapon.

KKoz9

Dez Bryant is about as physically gifted as they come. The only guys more athletic than him are Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson and maybe Julio Jones. Nobody else is in that class. He has the size, speed, strength, leaping ability, hands etc. Bryant is an elite talented WR and return man.

Miles Austin is a very polished WR right now. He's fast, runs good routes, has good hands, reads coverages well etc.

Jason Witten is an all pro TE. You can't complain that you don't have Gronk/Gates/Graham.

Romo did help make Laurent Robinson and I give him credit for that. Robinson is a solid Vet WR but he had some real good numbers. If he's your 4th target throw to you can't complain about talent.

Dallas has had problems at C and RT but Romo has had Lenard Davis and Kyle Kosier who are both pro bowl caliber. They drafted at RT and should get better play in the future. Overall Dallas had a better offensive line than Pittsburgh, Chicago, Giants or Colts last year.

Dallas also found their RB of the future in Murray. Jones isn't ready to be the starter but I think he can excel as a backup.

Romo is a lighting rod and people have different opinions about him. I got accused of being a Cowboys fan for putting him "high" at #9, but you rank him #7. I like the speed with witch Romo plays with. He has urgency and usually has good pocket awareness/shiftyness. He's a smart guy but has had some problems late in games and in big games. He's clearly above average, I'd say certainly he's top 10 but he's not top 5.

Bryant has yet to gain 1000 yards - potential does not equal reality. One must not take every other play off, drop balls, and must be where he is supposed to be in order to be considered even good much less elite.

Austin is a nice receiver, but don't forget he is an undrafted free-agent who has had one great year and is often injured.

Credit well deserved for Romo raising the level of Robinson's play - a free agent cast off who had never caught more than 30 some balls and had 3 career TD before this year, being with his 3rd team in 4 years.

Ummm, Dallas's line was in shambles all seaon with inury and was horrible, they started 3 rookie free agents at times. Leonard Davis wasn't even on the roster, he had been CUT before the season (and NOT picked up by anyone) and was benched at times the year before last. Kosier has NEVER been pro-bowl caliber and has been injured at times in each of the last three seasons. Smith was serviceable at right tackle but far from dominant. Romo's mobility and escapability covered their ineptness all year (several years for that matter). Their line as a whole was joke so I would wonder what criteria you used to evaluate them against the other teams you mentioned. Don't think any criteria could hold water.

Dallas had not a had even an upper tier RB for Romo's entire career (aside from the 7 or 8 games Murray started if you're ready to crown him elite). They've run out the likes of Julius Jones, and Felix Jones and Barber (neither of who have ever gained 1000 yards, and were/are both best suited as a 3rd down backs)

All that being said, he would have to be ranked behind Rodgers, Brady, Brees, P Manning, and E Manning, which would put him at #6. Any others above him are questionable at best...even Ben with his rings.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

1 Drew Brees
    2 A Rodgers
    3 Tom Brady
    4. Cam Newton
    5. Michael Vick
    6 Philip Rivers
    7. Stafford
    8 Eli Manning
    10 T romo: wouldn't if be wild if they cut romo and took manning, nobody said a word about that
    11. Matt Ryan
    12. Big Ben
    13 M schaub
    14 andy dalton
    15. jay cutler
    16. c palmer
    17 m flynn
    18 m sanchez
    19 j flacco
    20. tim tebow
    21 s bradford
    22 j freeman
    No QB that plays in the dome should ever be ranked #1, Brady at #1 is correct.

If you mean by who's rated the highest in terms of Fantasy points, that's a different story..

But what Brady has done with no dome, and in tough Northeast weather, and fact that the Jets, and the Bills although the bills suck, who are also in the North East makes it much tougher then brees..

Brees was good in SD, but really shined in N.O..

He's got dome which makes up for 8 games, then he has the falcons, also dome, and then Tampa, which is really almost a dome down in Florida.. So just the conference alone Brady has to fight much more then Brees..

But as I said, depends if you mean by what they have accomplished blah blah, or strictly as a Fantasy QB rankings..
    Last edited by Monitor-Tan; 02-09-12 at 02:35 PM.

KKoz9

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    You're right, they both suck.

trying to have intelligent coversation here, obviously you are not qualified to participate

Monitor-Tan

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    Everybody talks about how great Romo's team is ...

Do you know how many rushing touchdowns this team had last season ? 5! That is second worst to only the Browns (4) and oine of those touchdowns was by Romo !

compare that to other teams ...
    Panthers 26 (alot by cam though)
    Philly 20
    New England 18
    houston 18
    Giants 17
    New orleans 16
    Atlanta 14
    Pittsburgh 13 (They also scored 44 points less then the cowboys)
    Green Bay 12
    Chicago 10

It looks to me like Cutler and Romo do alot more then people think.

Sounds like Dallas needs a better offensive game plan. right now, Romo is their best offensive weapon.
    totally agree with you on that part except for Cutler.. His old O.C would NOT let him change plays on the line of scrimmage, so you can't really put that on cutler.. If anything, I truely believe that has held Cutler back.. With a new O.C coming in now, and having more freedom, I think this year we will see cutler's true potential going forward...

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post

totally agree with you on that part except for Cutler.. His old O.C would NOT let him change plays on the line of scrimmage, so you can't really put that on cutler.. If anything, I truely believe that has held Cutler back.. With a new O.C coming in now, and having more freedom, I think this year we will see cutler's true potential going forward...
    I ment they mean more to their offense then people think. Chicago's offense completely died without Cutler. Both Cutler and Romo are usually scrambling for their lives when they make plays. People forget what good front office can do for a team. If the cowboys kept Parcells as coach, and Sean Peyton at O.C, they would probably have won a Super Bowl. Jerry Jones is killing Dallas.

Monitor-Tan

I ment they mean more to their offense then people think. Chicago's offense completely died without Cutler. Both Cutler and Romo are usually scrambling for their lives when they make plays. People forget what good front office can do for a team. If the cowboys kept Parcells as coach, and Sean Peyton at O.C, they would probably have won a Super Bowl. Jerry Jones is killing Dallas.

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

1 Drew Brees
    2 A Rodgers
    3 Tom Brady
    4. Cam Newton
    5. Michael Vick
    6 Philip Rivers
    7. Stafford
    8 Eli Manning
    11. Matt Ryan
    12. Big Ben
    13 M schaub
    14 andy dalton
    15. jay cutler
    16. c palmer
    17 m flynn
    18 m sanchez
    19 j flacco
    20. tim tebow
    21 s bradford
    22 j freeman
    Possibly the single worst ranking list I've ever seen.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

trying to have intelligent coversation here, obviously you are not qualified to participate
    If you're intelligent, you know Rivers is better than Romo.

ttwarrior1

thats because your being biased, this isn't a list of guys that have the best chance of winning the superbowl and its like 5 months early to make this list

Like i said, anyone want to take bets who has more yards , td's , stats, cam newton vs big ben???

I'll even put up my car. yes big ben will get more wins , its the steelers folks. Im talking stats.
    I also predict an eagles superbowl ( if they draft an o lineman, linebacker, de

ttwarrior1

romo is not even in rivers league

SportsPedagogy

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post

If you're intelligent, you know Rivers is better than Romo.
    Chargers cut Robinson, Romo made him a star ... I can see how a lesser QB could do that.

SportsPedagogy

thats because your being biased, this isn't a list of guys that have the best chance of winning the superbowl and its like 5 months early to make this list

Like i said, anyone want to take bets who has more yards , td's , stats, cam newton vs big ben???
    romo is not even in rivers league
    Romo had more touchdowns and half the interceptions of Rivers ......

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol @ no Andy Dalton

C-Gold

Bryant has yet to gain 1000 yards - potential does not equal reality. One must not take every other play off, drop balls, and must be where he is supposed to be in order to be considered even good much less elite.

Austin is a nice receiver, but don't forget he is an undrafted free-agent who has had one great year and is often injured.

Credit well deserved for Romo raising the level of Robinson's play - a free agent cast off who had never caught more than 30 some balls and had 3 career TD before this year, being with his 3rd team in 4 years.

Ummm, Dallas's line was in shambles all seaon with inury and was horrible, they started 3 rookie free agents at times. Leonard Davis wasn't even on the roster, he had been CUT before the season (and NOT picked up by anyone) and was benched at times the year before last. Kosier has NEVER been pro-bowl caliber and has been injured at times in each of the last three seasons. Smith was serviceable at right tackle but far from dominant. Romo's mobility and escapability covered their ineptness all year (several years for that matter). Their line as a whole was joke so I would wonder what criteria you used to evaluate them against the other teams you mentioned. Don't think any criteria could hold water.

Dallas had not a had even an upper tier RB for Romo's entire career (aside from the 7 or 8 games Murray started if you're ready to crown him elite). They've run out the likes of Julius Jones, and Felix Jones and Barber (neither of who have ever gained 1000 yards, and were/are both best suited as a 3rd down backs)

All that being said, he would have to be ranked behind Rodgers, Brady, Brees, P Manning, and E Manning, which would put him at #6. Any others above him are questionable at best...even Ben with his rings.
    1) Dez Bryant hasn't had 1,000 yards yet because he's only played two years. He had a strong rookie campaign with 8 TDs (2 PR TDS) and had 928 yards and 9 touchdowns in 13 games last year. Don't just look at yards and discount the TDS. Bigger receivers are more valuable in the red zone. Dez Bryant is a beast and should be a pro bowler for the next 5 years. I'd be shocked if he had under 1,000 yards.

2) Austin is a nice efficient WR and Romo loves throwing to him.

3) I give credit to Romo for raising Robinson's play. He's a solid vet that Norv Turner didn't want to cut but Romo probably got the best out of him.

4) You seem to forget Romo has an All-Pro tight end too. That's 4 decent options to throw to. How many decent options does Jay Cutler have to throw to? Is Johnny Knox as good as Laurent Robinson?

4) Dallas's line was not good last year but Lenoard Davis and Kosier have been BEASTS the last few years. Yeah they've had problems at center, and Barron sucked at RT LY. I agree that Romo's escape-ability and the speed at which he plays masks those line problems. Big Ben also saves the Steelers from their crappy line. Eli saved the Giants from their crappy pass blocking line this year. Cutler saves the Bears and last year Peyton Manning's line with the Colts was probably worse than all of them. Those guys are all top 10 QBs. If you put Alex Smith or Joe Flacco behind those lines it's epic fail and everybody would know that their line sucked.

The thing with Romo is he's the cowboys QB and that elicits a strong response both ways. There is a large segment of the population that sees Romo as an average player. Then some of the cowboys fans think he's the 6th or 7th best QB. My point isn't to judge a player in just 1 year... I don't like to vault a guy up or down too much on stats based on 1 year. Did Drew Brees go down a lot last year after all the picks? How about shooting Matt Cassell up when he put up numbers? Keep it steady and don't reinvent the wheel every year to change the rankings.

C-Gold

Agreed. Those guys would have every excuse in the world to fail. How many times do you see the Cowboys center snap the ball 5 yards above Romo's head? It shouldn't ever happen never mind 2-3 times in a game and on critical down and distances.

Cutler is the most underrated QB in the league. I just wish I could see Cutler on a functional team. Imagine if you gave him Houston's offense? He'd probably have close to 5,000 yards, 40 TD and not nearly as many INTs. Picks aren't always on the QB, they are often the result of crappy WRs cutting off routes, running the wrong routes, or Cutler trying to force something to covered guys. He does that because at some point you have to. If he dropped back and never tried to thread the needle to his below average WRs he'd always be throwing screens and dump offs. At some point in time you have to take risk.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Here's the top 3 to look at in 2012:

1. Cam Newton
    2. Michael Vick
    3. Josh Freeman

ebbearsfb1

Warrior is too dumb to have conversation with... no shyt newton had better stats his team is always losing... obviously if your team is winning you don't need to keep throwing the ball.... bens running game last year was average.... his wide outs? Brown is a 6th round pick... ward and wallace both 3rd round guys sanders 3rd round guy... miller is the only one who is a first round pick.... and his o line is awful. If he had a good o line he would be a hell of lot better... watch what todd haley is able to do with them..... warrior just worry about fantasy stats

ebbearsfb1

Ever since fantasy football has gotten big people are more worried about stats then wins..... quarterbacks are judged on wins, simple

KKoz9

Just don't believe Cutler is even a top 10 guy
    Last edited by KKoz9; 02-10-12 at 12:03 PM.

KKoz9

1) Dez Bryant hasn't had 1,000 yards yet because he's only played two years. He had a strong rookie campaign with 8 TDs (2 PR TDS) and had 928 yards and 9 touchdowns in 13 games last year. Don't just look at yards and discount the TDS. Bigger receivers are more valuable in the red zone. Dez Bryant is a beast and should be a pro bowler for the next 5 years. I'd be shocked if he had under 1,000 yards.

2) Austin is a nice efficient WR and Romo loves throwing to him.

3) I give credit to Romo for raising Robinson's play. He's a solid vet that Norv Turner didn't want to cut but Romo probably got the best out of him.

4) You seem to forget Romo has an All-Pro tight end too. That's 4 decent options to throw to. How many decent options does Jay Cutler have to throw to? Is Johnny Knox as good as Laurent Robinson?

4) Dallas's line was not good last year but Lenoard Davis and Kosier have been BEASTS the last few years. Yeah they've had problems at center, and Barron sucked at RT LY. I agree that Romo's escape-ability and the speed at which he plays masks those line problems. Big Ben also saves the Steelers from their crappy line. Eli saved the Giants from their crappy pass blocking line this year. Cutler saves the Bears and last year Peyton Manning's line with the Colts was probably worse than all of them. Those guys are all top 10 QBs. If you put Alex Smith or Joe Flacco behind those lines it's epic fail and everybody would know that their line sucked.

The thing with Romo is he's the cowboys QB and that elicits a strong response both ways. There is a large segment of the population that sees Romo as an average player. Then some of the cowboys fans think he's the 6th or 7th best QB. My point isn't to judge a player in just 1 year... I don't like to vault a guy up or down too much on stats based on 1 year. Did Drew Brees go down a lot last year after all the picks? How about shooting Matt Cassell up when he put up numbers? Keep it steady and don't reinvent the wheel every year to change the rankings.

Bryant can't even be counted on to run the right route yet, again...potential does not equal production. i think he will eventually be great, but nontheless has been a major disappointment for them thus far

Not sure what you're forming your opinion on but you obviously have no idea what you're talking about regarding the O-line:

* Leonard Davis didn't even play for Dallas last year and was benched the year before

* Kosier has never been a "beast", made a pro bowl, or even been mentioned with the best lineman in the league and has been hurt as much as he's played since coming to Dallas

* Alex Barron was only on the roster for less than one full season, which was the year before last, started only a handful of games due to other's injuries, and has nothing to do with the conversation

* their only "pro-bowl caliber" lineman was Gurode who was cut before lat season...and didn't play for anyone else

* Marc Columbo and Cory Proctor were also starters who were cut before last season

Point is, The Cowboys' line has been horrible for years.

C-Gold

Bryant can't even be counted on to run the right route yet, again...potential does not equal production. i think he will eventually be great, but nontheless has been a major disappointment for them thus far

Not sure what you're forming your opinion on but you obviously have no idea what you're talking about regarding the O-line:

* Leonard Davis didn't even play for Dallas last year and was benched the year before

* Kosier has never been a "beast", made a pro bowl, or even been mentioned with the best lineman in the league and has been hurt as much as he's played since coming to Dallas

* Alex Barron was only on the roster for less than one full season, which was the year before last, started only a handful of games due to other's injuries, and has nothing to do with the conversation

* their only "pro-bowl caliber" lineman was Gurode who was cut before lat season...and didn't play for anyone else

* Marc Columbo and Cory Proctor were also starters who were cut before last season

Did you even read any of the thread? I'm not judging everybody on ONE season.

KKoz9

Tired of hearing about the talent on the Cowboys' roster.

All this "great talent" the Cowboy supposedly have has been vastly overrated for years because, well...they're the Cowboys.

The ignorance of people blaming their mediocrity on Romo amazes me as he is one of the few things they have going for them.

Romo and the passing game and DWare have been the only things keeping Dallas from being completely futile ever since he began playing.

SportsPedagogy

So is this based on their legacy ? If so, Mcnabb should be in their!

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

dude big ben doesn't pass enough to have stats

if your making a list for whoever has the best chance of a superbowl then change the name of your title

you want to bet 5 grand that vick and cam newton will have better stats then big ben next year?????????????????????????
    So who ever has the highest QB rating...

are you interested?

First 123 Last