lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Who is not betting a SIDE in the superbowl?

Initially my thoughts were that the books gave out giants at +3 or 3.5 at large juice to sucker in all the public on betting on the wrong team being fave issue. I still lean to that initial feeling but at this point this is the most impossible superbowl game to cap and I think I am just going to bet some props.

Btw if you have something stupid to say don't bother. This thread is for serious responses.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

have no idea still... feel like giants ml should hit then again

wouldnt be surprised if gronk and herandez kill giants secondary.

wilfork could wreck havoc on giants o line ...

pats could have revenge, marsha and bill wont want to lose again to the g-men,... giants are a hotter team right now

basically i dont have a clue and usually there is a feel one way or another..

if you told me either team won by double digits i wouldnt be surprised

have no idea might just play a lot of props that can last during the game

gun to my head, give me giants ml

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I like the Giants +3.5 if David Carr starts

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11165

No side for me in this game. I honestly don't care about this Superbowl.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I think there is a strong possibility that I will either live-bet this game or make a halftime play. More than likely a halftime bet to try and see if the books take a stance.

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2733

I'll continue riding the 'hot' team and play the NYG. With more places going to NE -2.5, it makes sense to play the NYG M/L as well. Would like to have a little more info on the status of Gronkowski and how mobile he'll be but that will likely come up after he practices this week.

JayHorne3
    1 Budlight Please
    JayHorne3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

The bottom line is there is not a safe bet in this game. I will be getting on a lot of prop bets for action just because its the Super Bowl but nothing substantial. Betting on games that could go either way will not make money in the long run. Lesson to the wise.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i will not be going all in or ever would on this or any superbowl like so many love to do.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

I have no idea what side to bet...what's the play on the total? over or under?

Walter Abrams Jr
    Walter Abrams Jr's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Bill and Tom lose TWICE to the same team in a SUPER BOWL, look for Bill to retire and Brady to leave New England very soon.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

80% on props that day
    10% bet +3.5 -110 at open
    10% was going to bet NE ML sat night
    now will tease NE and U if hanging -2.5 on gameday if juice comes down some
    have not decided yet
    last 10 for sweat purposes with friends

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

If Welker turns into Kyle Williams returning punts Giants have a good shot.

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    I'll continue riding the 'hot' team and play the NYG. With more places going to NE -2.5, it makes sense to play the NYG M/L as well. Would like to have a little more info on the status of Gronkowski and how mobile he'll be but that will likely come up after he practices this week.
    Pats have won 10 in a row...is that not considered hot??? Tom has never had a huge superbowl game...I can this being the one...27/35 4 Td's 350 yds...no int...Pats win in a what should be a great game...

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

This is why they think the game might break the Vegas handle for the SB because a strong argument can be made for both teams. Middle is the way to go.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Giants ML to the bank

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1646

In play betting only. You have watch a few minutes to get a feel for this game.

The Architect
    The Architect's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

offshore books are holding -3. boat loads of money has come in on the giants, as the +3 has been juiced since the line initially dropped from 3.5. i think the opening line says alot. either vegas was wrong, and thought the pats would be the heavy public play when really it was the giants - then correcting the line to -3 with heavy juice on new york. OR they are giving the pats the edge, opening with the hook on the new england, giving the hook to giants in expectation of heavy giant action, so if there had to be a correction, they'd be giving out -3 for new england rather than -2.5. juice the +3, suck the vig out of the public, not even giving the hook anymore. while stil, they're initial lean is new england, sitting at -3. i'd like to think that vegas is not wrong here, and regardless without any of the above analysis, i would still take brady, bellichick and the pats in this one based strictly off football knowledge. i know two things: 1. brady is the best i have ever seen and 2. vegas always knows best when it comes to the superbowl. patriots win.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

When the Sides are unpredictable, I look at the Totals. I believe that the Under is the best play here.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Probably will play a teaser or prop bet.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I think the Giants will win this game by a decent margin.

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    When the Sides are unpredictable, I look at the Totals. I believe that the Under is the best play here.

Agree. Total is higher than it was for the regular season game. It may turn out be a 35-30 game, but I will take those extra 3 points and play the under.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

Quote Originally Posted by john230 View Post
    Agree. Total is higher than it was for the regular season game. It may turn out be a 35-30 game, but I will take those extra 3 points and play the under.
    It could turn to an Over.

But both teams have at least 2 good pass rushers, that's going to keep the score down.

Patriots Rob Gronkowski isn't 100% from injury that will slow down the Patriots offense.

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

I like NY ML here, but everyone thinking that way makes me thing NE is the play

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

I am not betting anything on this years superbowl. Smar as I didn't bet anything on last years super bowl and I won a ps3. When I don't bet good things happen

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not betting. Maybe just some squares. I'm still butt hurt about the Championship.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Probably me. Totals and props are what I like better anyhow.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

I'm not betting a side in the game. I can do better playing four or five props.

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Initially my thoughts were that the books gave out giants at +3 or 3.5 at large juice to sucker in all the public on betting on the wrong team being fave issue. I still lean to that initial feeling but at this point this is the most impossible superbowl game to cap and I think I am just going to bet some props. Btw if you have something stupid to say don't bother. This thread is for serious responses.
    Here is a good article for you from Grantland

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ale-nfl-season

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

A juicy prop parlay for me.

About 7 props that are in between -350 and -550.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Historically the SB is a bad bet. NFL in general is a bad bet for the most part, but basically the game doesnt have any value. If you like the Patriots I suppose it does somewhat but youre then making a bet against every so called smart guy and professional gambler out there. Not that theyre any smarter than anyone else but the perception is they are.

Basically the Superbowl is to football what New years Eve is to guys who like to party....amateur night. Guys who go out bar hopping and skank trolling are there in the renches all year from Wed to Sat. They get laughed at called names and are looked down upon. On New years EVE every tom dick harry and jane is out wearing a stupid hat and getting shitfaced their one night of the year. Superbowl is the same thing. Guys who bet NFL eevry week from Aug til Feb are laughed at and called names and seen as degenerates, but since this game has a special name and is a party it gives a license for every wanna be gambler a shot to make some bets. Superbowl betting is barely one step above NCAA hoops tourney brackets pools.

There just isnt any money to be made in this game unles you like one side and just feel like putting way more money than you usually can down on it.

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

I got the over 50 +100 the week before the championship games at heritage. May not take a side until game kicks off then do some ingame betting

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

you do have some motivational factors, here.....Patriots, redemption factor,.....early money on the giants, if you can trust sports-spy...Pats..-140, other valued opinions, which i have read indicate a slight disconnect, Pats ....trading below their fair value

everything that i have read on props, says the value is under in these....bet against something to happen rather than on something to happen
    Last edited by JR007; 01-31-12 at 08:46 AM.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Could be and probably is Tom Brady's LAST S.B. --- He knows it too --- Eli may have another one or two left (Maybe)

NE Pats is the play. low vig -2 1/2 is the key

ArMaNiBoYnYc
    ArMaNiBoYnYc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

giants Ml wtf would i put my money on brady welker and gronk??? who else is there ted bruski lmaoooo

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Initially my thoughts were that the books gave out giants at +3 or 3.5 at large juice to sucker in all the public on betting on the wrong team being fave issue. I still lean to that initial feeling but at this point this is the most impossible superbowl game to cap and I think I am just going to bet some props.

Btw if you have something stupid to say don't bother. This thread is for serious responses.
    So are you saying the books already know who's gonna win? What makes them so fukin smart? Books open with a # they think the game should be period. No tricks,traps,or any of the other bs you guys can phantom up.
    Last edited by smoke a bowl; 01-31-12 at 09:56 AM.

12 Last