EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like Schiano. Seems like the kind of coach players want to play for. I hope he does well.
    Last edited by john230; 01-26-12 at 10:37 AM.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    why is it terrible, EP?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seems like an odd hire to me. Guess they are hoping his defensive minded approach works on the NFL level. Of course I thought Chip Kelly was a really dumb choice.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Thought i heard this morning Mike Sherman got gig

Terrible team. Who cares. Schiano will fail miserably

Not a good coach

john230

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    Thought i heard this morning Mike Sherman got gig

Terrible team. Who cares. Schiano will fail miserably

Not a good coach

Schiano took a terrible Rutgers program and made it into a competitive team. Don't know if that translates into making him a good NFL coach. Time will tell.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Very good coach

Made Rutgers good with HS players

Br0nxer

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Very good coach

Made Rutgers good with HS players
    rutgers and the Big Least isn't quite on the level with sundays

guy aint ready for the big show

also not a good coach

don't care what he did with rutgers

played the likes of north dakota st and other schools you never fukkin heard of 3 or 4 times a year to pad the record

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Rutgers was very close when Ray Rice played for them winning national title

A few bad breaks did them in late in the year

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Schiano is a great coach.....Rutgers was abysmal before he got there for decades (like 1 or 2 win seasons was the standard)

Got Rutgers ranked top 5 one year I think, the year JJ is talking about where they beat Brohm and #3 Louisville......everyone rushed the field

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

he will last two years, great news for the rest of the NFC South.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol at people who think improving a turd like rutgers means anything what turner gil did at buffalo was hard to do. Bucs could have done better there are at least 30 coaches in cfb better than this joker.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Good coach, we'll see...

Definitely a surprising hire, must of interviewed very well...

Does things the right way...

Br0nxer

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Lol at people who think improving a turd like rutgers means anything what turner gil did at buffalo was hard to do. Bucs could have done better there are at least 30 coaches in cfb better than this joker.

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5551

Ran a clean program at RU...extremely high graduation rate & no off-the-field issues.I'm not sure what that amounts to in terms of being successful in the NFL.This is a huge loss for Rutgers

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

good recruiter, poor in game coach...

only time will tell..

took a terrible program and made them competitive.

hope he does well ,bucs have talent

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Rutgers was very close when Ray Rice played for them winning national title A few bad breaks did them in late in the year
    at national title

first you said high school players and then you mention that one of the two best rb's in the nfl was playing for them....and they had plenty more talent on that team

schiano is terrible and he's an arrogant fuk...turned down every job that came at him so he could take the penn st job too...and now it's toxic....that makes me lol

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    How is improving buffalo in the Mac better than turning a 1 win annual rutgers program in a better conference into a winner?

Makes no sense at all

Schiano is a great coach and a great guy.....did about as well as you can given the situation that was rutgers....don't k ow how anyone can say he's terrible, wtf

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

dont like the hire. seems like a rah rah type coach. would love to see him try and chop wood with millionaire players. i cant believe some of the guys the bucs brought in.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Chopping wood lol... I said he will be back in college in less than 5 years... then again who knows bucs might respond to him, young team, has some talent... good luck to him

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post

How is improving buffalo in the Mac better than turning a 1 win annual rutgers program in a better conference into a winner?

Makes no sense at all

Schiano is a great coach and a great guy.....did about as well as you can given the situation that was rutgers....don't k ow how anyone can say he's terrible, wtf
    They won 4 games in 2010. In the big east.

They were mediocre in the shittiest bcs conference of all time this year.

That's as well as someone can do? He's made a career off of one class that had a good two or three year run.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

How come no one else in the history of Rutgers could come even close to what Schiano did? He must be good at something man.....Don't act like he's "terrible"

Not sure if he'll make it in the NFL, but he's a great coach to lead a college program (Damn good recruiter and keeps the program very clean)

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Gimme a break. He's a glorified Jim Grobe (their HC records at Rutgers and Wake are exactly the same and wake is a much more difficult place to win). Schiano is just another college coach who had one good run because of one good class.

I will give him credit though....turning down all those jobs over the years...even ones that he wasn't offered was brilliant PR to get him to the big show. Think about this....the last two seasons his big east record is 5-9. You and I have very different opinions of what a good coach is.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Nick Saban can't succeed in the NFL, I highly doubt Schiano can.

Don't really know what Tampa Bay is thinking. These guys were gonna hire Chip Kelly

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

LOL at least they dont have Brian schottenheimer as OC.

UNCGQ
    UNCGQ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 905

Pretty bad that the Asst Coaches are on-site for a recruit visit and they don't have any idea that he's not showing up.

I'm not saying he's got to keep everybody in the loop, but a call to let them know something so they're not just at the school looking like idiots seems pretty reasonable.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

More stupid TB front office shit, these clowns have been MIA for 10 years

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2452

He has some decent talent to start with, should go ok there

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

i think schiano did a decent job at rutgers. got some nfl caliber players over the course of 10 years in wat was a dead program. the big east fell apart and he knew it was time to bolt. very few college coaches are able to succeed at the nfl. system guys like kelly from oregon i would also think would fail. harbaugh was a different case since he had an nfl background and preferred an nfl style of play at stanford.

john230

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    i think schiano did a decent job at rutgers. got some nfl caliber players over the course of 10 years in wat was a dead program. the big east fell apart and he knew it was time to bolt. very few college coaches are able to succeed at the nfl. system guys like kelly from oregon i would also think would fail. harbaugh was a different case since he had an nfl background and preferred an nfl style of play at stanford.

Don't forget that Schiano was an assistant coach in the NFL for a couple of years.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Pretty much agree with all this....except I think soon we will see someone like Chip Kelly go all in on an NFL team specifically for the spread system, drafting and signing players that fit this offense.....Might change the NFL, might fail, but someone will try it

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by john230 View Post
    Don't forget that Schiano was an assistant coach in the NFL for a couple of years.
    ur right, he was. the majority of his experience is still in the college game though. it should be interesting. plus harbaugh is more of a no nonsense type guy IMO. schiano is more of the rah rah type like i said before, those guys always seem to do better in college. i think hes a better hire then chip kelly for what its worth. going to the nfl is a no lose situation for these college coaches tho, if he fails, hell get a chance in the ncaas immediately.