ProGambler
    Win
    ProGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Why everyone jumps on Giants bandwagon?

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

They are better than the Patriots, period.

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by ProGambler View Post
    Patriots had the easiest schedule in the league. They have not beaten any good team this year except the Ravens, which they barely got by. Their D is one of the worst in the league.

The Giants are HOT, since getting healthy they have been the best team in the NFL. Their D has stepped up allowing 13pt on avg during the last 5 games. Manning is having a really awesome year and he has 2 of the best WRs in the league and Manningham aint bad either. Giants running game has seen improvements as well over this period of time. Giants play very well away from home. Manning has the most road playoff wins of any QB in the history of the NFL.

The game is on turf, this will benefit the Giants pass rush. Brady loves to stay in the pocket, Giants usually do better vs teams with a non mobile QB.

Giants have won the last 2 meetings, in the last one Nicks wasn't even active.

Simply put, Giants is better on both sides of the ball, better away from home and has more advantage playing on turf.

There you have it, some reasons why some of us like the Giants

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

we're getting 3 points with the better team thats why
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GamblerSpirit

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21701

Hard to reconcile the best team being 8-8 this season. Seems odd, doesn't it? That's not to say they can't win, of course they could, but being so unequivocal that they are superior to NE, that I can't buy. I think the line is pretty spot on. I give NE a slight edge, but 3 points if you can get that is huge. Would not surprise me in the least if this is a 3 point game....like every other NE super bowl.

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Hard to reconcile the best team being 8-8 this season. Seems odd, doesn't it? That's not to say they can't win, of course they could, but being so unequivocal that they are superior to NE, that I can't buy. I think the line is pretty spot on. I give NE a slight edge, but 3 points if you can get that is huge. Would not surprise me in the least if this is a 3 point game....like every other NE super bowl.
    INJURIES

NUFF SAID

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by p19101 View Post
    INJURIES

NUFF SAID

It's not nuff said. Everyone has injuries. Pats have won 10 games in a row outscoring their opponents 362-188. I'm not going to dismiss that so easily. I don't really want to bet on this game, but all the confidence from Giants backers is tempting me to take the Patriots. If the line is a reasonable -2.5 at -110 or better I may just pull the trigger too.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Coughlin is the better coach

He is not a cheater

Coughlin beat this fukking cheater in 2007, he beat him in the perseason this year(preseason matters), he beat him again the reg season, and he will beat his sorry ass again the super bowl

GO GIANTS

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Coughlin is the better coach

He is not a cheater

Coughlin beat this fukking cheater in 2007, he beat him in the perseason this year(preseason matters), he beat him again the reg season, and he will beat his sorry ass again the super bowl

GO GIANTS
    Pretty small sample. Bellichek has a bunch of rings. And preseason doesn't matter. Also the Pats beat the Giants reg season '07 FWIW.

Seems like we have a lot of Giants FANS here. Not a fan of either team, but Giants are overhyped.

DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

It's not nuff said. Everyone has injuries. Pats have won 10 games in a row outscoring their opponents 362-188. I'm not going to dismiss that so easily. I don't really want to bet on this game, but all the confidence from Giants backers is tempting me to take the Patriots. If the line is a reasonable -2.5 at -110 or better I may just pull the trigger too.

You need to step back and look at your reasoning. What you mention above is a simply terrible reason to risk your cash. If you really don't want to bet it, don't bet it.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Dana View Post
    You need to step back and look at your reasoning. What you mention above is a simply terrible reason to risk your cash. If you really don't want to bet it, don't bet it.
    I only want to bet it if the overconfident Ginats fans push it to a regular -2.5. I think the line should be -3 leaning to -3.5. -2.5 has enough value.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

I only want to bet it if the overconfident Ginats fans push it to a regular -2.5. I think the line should be -3 leaning to -3.5. -2.5 has enough value.

what value?

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

dude how you get so many points

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by fergie's balls View Post
    he is smart

d2bets has only done one dumb thing and that is taking the bulls +1 game vs heat with me. so 500 of those points are gonna be mine

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by fergie's balls View Post
    Mostly poker. I've spent and lost a lot back though. I had closer to 30k not long ago.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1944

Giants are the Patriot's kryptonite.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Because no one likes the Patriots. Personally, I hate both teams. I would of wished neither of these 2 franchises would win another SB for years. But now that they're in the Bowl i'm just rooting for a great game.

ArMaNiBoYnYc
    ArMaNiBoYnYc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

**** the patriots and the red sox the best thing boston ever had going for them was manny ramirez

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

This game reminds me a lot of BCS championship game. LSU was the better team that was getting points that the public loved...Countless other reasons.

Gixxer1K
    Gixxer1K's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hear BetOnline.COM is willing to cover the $5 mil wager from Birdman and they are going to post a prop bet to see if he makes the wager or not!!! That's craaaaazy! I don't who who has the bigger gonads in this one! Go Giants!!!!!!

Jhart2838
    Jhart2838's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Uhh no, it WAS the injuries. Giants were down Snee, Nicks, Bradshaw, Boley, Tuck, Osi, Prince and Mathias. Yes every team has their injuries..but since they have ALL been back on that field(what really matters) its more like 7-1 with that 3 point loss to the packers, who were playing like the packers who were 15-1.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    we're getting 3 points with the better team thats why

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

gmen checking in

empire state of mind bitch

MHawk
    MHawk's Avatar Become A Pro!

Its because the Patriots D is so terrible, and the Giants are Rolling right now.

They also dont really have much of a weakness. The D is stout, the running game can always be counted on, and Eli is having his best season.

But Im taking the Pats, because the David Tyree catch probably still haunts Brady's sleep.

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    They are better than the Patriots, period.
    Yup, that pretty much sums it up...

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

If you paid attention, you could have taken the Giants +3.5 -110 at the Wynn, and the Pats -2.5 -105 at the Mirage. That middles 3, a very popular number in the Conference Championships. That is the ONLY play worth making. Everything else you guys talk about is nothing more than pure speculation from guys who lost more than they won this past season.

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    If you paid attention, you could have taken the Giants +3.5 -110 at the Wynn, and the Pats -2.5 -105 at the Mirage. That middles 3, a very popular number in the Conference Championships. That is the ONLY play worth making. Everything else you guys talk about is nothing more than pure speculation from guys who lost more than they won this past season.
    I think you mean the Super Bowl.

This game should come down to a turnover.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Yeah if you happened to be at the Wynn and then was able to foretell that the line would move down. Pretty big ifs. I'd take +3.5-110 and -2.5-105 right now for as much as possible.

Barnes & Whine
    Punch through the media!
    Barnes & Whine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

27-24 Patriots

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1944

Head Coaches: Draw
    Quarterbacks: Draw
    Recievers: Draw
    Runningbacks: Draw
    Pass rushers: Giants
    Field goal kicker: Draw
    Home field advantage: Draw
    ATS points: Giants
    Better winning record in the playoffs: Patriots
    Injuries: Giants (Patriots Rob Gronkowski is partially injured, which could give the slight edge to receivers to the Giants.)

If you ever seen that TV show Deadliest Warrior, they compare which is the better of the two by giving a side an edge. I think this is best way to cap a game.
    Last edited by GunShard; 01-30-12 at 05:04 AM.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Picking a side is not jumping on a bandwagon... Mods, sticky this thread so everyone knows OP is an idiot.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I am thinking of making massive wager on the Giants

IMO its a mismatch

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    Injuries: Giants (Patriots Rob Gronkowski is partially injured, which could give the slight edge to receivers to the Giants.)

If you ever seen that TV show Deadliest Warrior, they compare which is the better of the two by giving a side an edge. I think this is best way to cap a game.
    Terrible way to cap a game. For example, the quarterbacks don't face each other, they face the opposing defense.

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post

Eli and Brady draw? Eli is way way way better then Brady!!!

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I honestly do think that the Giants have the better team right NOW (which is really all that matters), but two things that have held me back are Belichick having two weeks to prepare for a team that beat him (28-10 ATS in revenge games) and Brady coming off of a bad game (guy just never has two bad games in a row). It looks like it will be props only for me.

12 Last