Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

NYG @ SF Line Movement Discussion Thread

Covers (as of 1/16) has a 50%/50% split on where the money is being placed. The line is currently at SF -2.5

I can't decide whether the line is indicating movement towards the larger NY metropolitan area (which it should they always get the worse homers) or if public money comes in on the home favorite and pushes this line closer to -3

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

It's going to be between -2 and -3, I don't think it'll move from those numbers.

TOLD YA
    TOLD YA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 570

The Line has already moved a half of point down to the 49ers minus 2 1/2 I can see this be a pickup or gmen minus 1 by game time

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

I honestly don't see how anyone could bet the 49ers on this line. It just doesn't make sense.

They should be 4-7 point underdogs.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

I agree, I have no clue how anyone can take the Niners here. They could easily win, but one would need some type of Bullshit story to actually make any sense here. If you are betting the opposite the Niners for sure.

HedBustah1
    HedBustah1's Avatar Become A Pro!

My rule of thumb for the giants is, if ur gonna take them on the road, just bet the money line...

Pick'nParlays

Quote Originally Posted by nj1035 View Post
    I honestly don't see how anyone could bet the 49ers on this line. It just doesn't make sense.

at home after they beat the saints..... i disagree.

Pick'nParlays

Quote Originally Posted by HedBustah1 View Post
    My rule of thumb for the giants is, if ur gonna take them on the road, just bet the money line...
    i like the way you think.... giants ml.

Moneyline was a lot nicer last week at +300

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

Quote Originally Posted by Pick'nParlays View Post
    at home after they beat the saints..... i disagree.
    They aren't going to have a +5 turnover margin again. That was luck.

But I'm glad it happened, because it makes my side much more valuable.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

No offense, but who the **** really believes that? 4-7 point underdogs? I would EASILY bet on the Niners if that was the case. -3 is the right number.

Pick'nParlays

They aren't going to have a +5 turnover margin again. That was luck.

But I'm glad it happened, because it makes my side much more valuable.
    I see your point that they didn't capitalize on the turnovers. Lets look at the second half tho, that lead was basically erased and they managed to outgun the saints. Eli is gonna be Eli here.

GamblerSpirit

I see your point that they didn't capitalize on the turnovers. Lets look at the second half tho, that lead was basically erased and they managed to outgun the saints. Eli is gonna be Eli here.
    Yeah, a Superbowl MVP & Champion. No fruitcakes are going to stand in our way of reaching the SuperBowl.

Pick'nParlays

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post

Yeah, a Superbowl MVP & Champion. No fruitcakes are going to stand in our way of reaching the SuperBowl.
    tell that to drew brees. He is a much higher caliber QB then that bi.tch eli

p19101
    Giants!

Brees not even close to Eli on the road, not close.

fud007
    fud007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by p19101 View Post
    Brees not even close to Eli on the road, not close.
    Interesting.... Brees stats on the road during the regular season: 356 ypg 70.6% 17td 8int 100.3 rat
    and..................................... ...............................Eli's stats: 304 ypg 59.7% 15td 7int 93.3 rat

both teams went 5-3 on the road. Can you please get Eli's balls out of your mouth for a sec and tell me how they are not even close?

GamblerSpirit

Brees is better, but the Giants don't need to play Saints style of football to succeed. This team is built on Road Warriors mentality instilled in them on February 3, 2008! Playing outside of their home zone is NO PROBLEM to this team. The Saints away from their dome are automatically at a disadvantage.

Although, Eli can be a bitch at times. Eli is the type of bitch to not risk his body running for extra yardage, but he's definitely not a bitch when it comes to standing in the pocket and taking the big hit to make the clutch throw. Overall, very smart quarterback. You only wish your qb was half like Eli Manning.

EDIT: Drew Brees and the Saints team live and die by the big play(s). The Giants and Eli Manning don't need to worry about that to make their offense function. Totally different teams, and I do think Drew Brees leads the league in big plays. Not only that, but this Giants team's defense actually has a vibe. Not sure if you can say the same about the Saints' defense.

EDIT 2: Having said all of that, I DON'T think this game will be easy. The Niners are here for a very good reason, and you can't just overlook them or the home-field advantage. I believe in Eli and this team when they get this far (not if they were playing the Saints, though )!! This team is ACTUALLY looking good for a change. Consistency will be key, which is something they lacked all season long.
    Last edited by GamblerSpirit; 01-17-12 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Needed to express myself further...

p19101
    Giants!

Quote Originally Posted by fud007 View Post
    Interesting.... Brees stats on the road during the regular season: 356 ypg 70.6% 17td 8int 100.3 rat
    and..................................... ...............................Eli's stats: 304 ypg 59.7% 15td 7int 93.3 rat

both teams went 5-3 on the road. Can you please get Eli's balls out of your mouth for a sec and tell me how they are not even close?
    Who the F cares about those stats. Last time I checked the saints didn't beat any good team away this season. Chokers will choke is all I can say. Eli has the best record of any QB EVER on away turf in the playoffs, when winning actually means something.

StrictlyBusiness
    StrictlyBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!

No offense, but who the **** really believes that? 4-7 point underdogs? I would EASILY bet on the Niners if that was the case. -3 is the right number.
    ha ha

No shyte man. Its always fun seeing people guess/suggest lines though it is really eye opening how far off people are. Totally clueless !

Pick'nParlays

Brees is better, but the Giants don't need to play Saints style of football to succeed. This team is built on Road Warriors mentality instilled in them on February 3, 2008! Playing outside of their home zone is NO PROBLEM to this team. The Saints away from their dome are automatically at a disadvantage.

Although, Eli can be a bitch at times. Eli is the type of bitch to not risk his body running for extra yardage, but he's definitely not a bitch when it comes to standing in the pocket and taking the big hit to make the clutch throw. Overall, very smart quarterback. You only wish your qb was half like Eli Manning.

EDIT: Drew Brees and the Saints team live and die by the big play(s). The Giants and Eli Manning don't need to worry about that to make their offense function. Totally different teams, and I do think Drew Brees leads the league in big plays. Not only that, but this Giants team's defense actually has a vibe. Not sure if you can say the same about the Saints' defense.

EDIT 2: Having said all of that, I DON'T think this game will be easy. The Niners are here for a very good reason, and you can't just overlook them or the home-field advantage. I believe in Eli and this team when they get this far (not if they were playing the Saints, though )!! This team is ACTUALLY looking good for a change. Consistency will be key, which is something they lacked all season long.
    i like your reasoning. thanks for adding more input. good stuff here...

Pick'nParlays

still -2.5 most spots

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

my book will only offer teaser from 9ers -1 Giants +1,this tells me all I need to know.............

Pick'nParlays

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    my book will only offer teaser from 9ers -1 Giants +1,this tells me all I need to know.............
    what's it telling you PP?

PAULYPOKER

what's it telling you PP?
    Last week they would only offer teaser from Pats-15.5 Brincos+15.5......

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Eli out of practice with the flu. Seen running to bathroom puking nice . Weather also looks terrible for sunday its all playing right into the niners hands loving this

Pick'nParlays

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Last week they would only offer teaser from Pats-15.5 Brincos+15.5......
    oooookkkkayyy.....

maybe im retarded, i know the Pat's cleaned up last weekend but where is the correlation in your theory. Im curious, thanks for the response.

Pick'nParlays

as expected most books are starting the move to -2. Total has dropped a solid two points in the last few days. Rain is expected so that makes sense. My local is holding strong at -2.5

KASHMAN24
    KASHMAN24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4697

Lmao. The 49ers already beat Giants without Frank gore. This game at home. The 49ers are going to lay the lumber. It gets away from Giants early. I see a pounding. The 49ers are going to run all over them and then stop the run. Making Eli rely on passing game. He is good for 2 Int's. The only way the 49ers lose is if they turn the ball over 3-4 times. The 49ers are superior football team and have all the advantages. I think NY fan and easy coast is in for a rude awakening. The line is a gimme. 49ers are 7-14 points better.

KASHMAN24
    KASHMAN24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4697

Lmao. The 49ers already beat Giants without Frank gore. This game at home. The 49ers are going to lay the lumber. It gets away from Giants early. I see a pounding. The 49ers are going to run all over them and then stop the run. Making Eli rely on passing game. He is good for 2 Int's. The only way the 49ers lose is if they turn the ball over 3-4 times. The 49ers are superior football team and have all the advantages. I think NY fan and easy coast is in for a rude awakening. The line is a gimme. 49ers are 7-14 points better.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

as expected most books are starting the move to -2. Total has dropped a solid two points in the last few days. Rain is expected so that makes sense. My local is holding strong at -2.5
    Line at Pinnacle is +2.5 -103

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by KASHMAN24 View Post

You're out of your mind. I like how the 49 homers keep saying Gore didn't play vs the Giants last time. Read this and learn it....6 carries for ZERO YARDS. Bradshaw....THE BEST RB ON THE GIANTS & 4 DEFENSIVE STARTERS ARE WHO DIDN'T PLAY. Gore had 1 good run vs NO but they pounded him other than that and he won't do $Hit against a hot NY defense. They shutout Atlanta and held Rodgers the MVP to 6 legit pts while SF has got air raided against every elite QB they've faced at home. Try 8 passing TDs allowed & over 1,000 yds against Romo, Eli, and Brees. Keep thinking SF has this monster D and NY has nothing and see where it gets you!

ShawNee922
    A fool thinks himself to be wise ..
    ShawNee922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 817

It is a toss-up between Brees and Eli

1 ring to 1 ring ... Anything else doesn't mean chit!!
    NEVER has,,, NEVER will!!

ShawNee922
    A fool thinks himself to be wise ..
    ShawNee922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 817

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    Eli out of practice with the flu. Seen running to bathroom puking nice . Weather also looks terrible for sunday its all playing right into the niners hands loving this
    Flu is spelled V-I-C-T-O-R-Y ....

Pick'nParlays

local is back to -2.5

PAULYPOKER

oooookkkkayyy..... maybe im retarded, i know the Pat's cleaned up last weekend but where is the correlation in your theory. Im curious, thanks for the response.

It is not easy for a book to make profit on teasers in the NFL,so they like to give out bad numbers on teasers of the team they believe will win and cover the teaser spread to scare the average joe off of that team.......

Pick'nParlays