Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    I love how people post in the thread and you would think they ar professional gamblers that make a living....I have learned to expect the unexpected..just when you think a team is hot and ready..you see what happened to Saints and what many said was the Dynasty Packers....this is a coin toss and it would not suprise me if the niners won by 10+

Gambling is gambling but I think the NFL playoffs and maybe March Madness are about as predictable as anything in sports.....its all about who is hot and who is not. Pro gambler....not at all but I was 3-0 last week and 2-1 this week with probably dozens of posts beforehand on each game. My 1 loss was on the Saints though...and I'm prob 0-3 or 0-4 vs SF this year overall. I'm still going with the Giants but Harbaugh must have some kind of a magic wand or something? He gets to Stanford and gets Andrew Luck then he gets to SF and they suddenly have a top defense and Alex Smith plays like Harbaugh played in his best years with Indy. I still say Greg Williams (Saints D-Coord) handed that game to SF with too much blitzing but thats what NO does. Hats off to SF and they would've covered 3.5 anyway.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Brady is going to get another shot at Eli..

Mr Handicapable

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    Thats what I'm thinking....either way its going to be huge here in Indy. We HATE New England with a passion and either the GMen or SF have Indy ties and will get all the local love!

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    Even if he had TWO shots it still wouldn't help

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Gore played & had 6 carries for ZERO yards in that game. In fact....the Giants outgained SF 395-305 and out rushed them 93-77.
    That's my point. Gore had a busted up ankle going into that game, then he got a knee injury and was out for the second half. He's fully healthy now, which means the 49ers are a better team than they were the first time they beat the Giants. Beating a team in yardage is irrelevant if you lose on the scoreboard. One of the Niners' greatest strengths this year is their efficiency on both sides of the ball. They require very little yards per point on offense, but force a high number of yards per point on defense.

I'm not going to spend as much time here explaining why I think the 49ers will beat the Giants as I did in the Niners/Saints threads, because it seems to boil down to the same mistaken reasoning: "The 49ers won't be able to beat the hottest QB in the league right now (Eli/Brees) because all they can do is kick FGs." It's in my best interest for other gamblers to not understand how to properly evaluate football teams. The 49ers are 8-0-1 ATS at home for a reason.

Mr Handicapable

Quote Originally Posted by Chimneyfish View Post
    That's my point. Gore had a busted up ankle going into that game, then he got a knee injury and was out for the second half. He's fully healthy now, which means the 49ers are a better team than they were the first time they beat the Giants. Beating a team in yardage is irrelevant if you lose on the scoreboard. One of the Niners' greatest strengths this year is their efficiency on both sides of the ball. They require very little yards per point on offense, but force a high number of yards per point on defense.

I'm not going to spend as much time here explaining why I think the 49ers will beat the Giants as I did in the Niners/Saints threads, because it seems to boil down to the same mistaken reasoning: "The 49ers won't be able to beat the hottest QB in the league right now (Eli/Brees) because all they can do is kick FGs." It's in my best interest for other gamblers to not understand how to properly evaluate football teams. The 49ers are 8-0-1 ATS at home for a reason.

The Pats were 18-0 in 07 for a reason too.....and even NY players from 07 like Antonio Pierce say this team has more talent! I also had a 18-4 run in November and 5-1 ats in the playoffs all documented on here so you don't have to talk down to me. I do get what you're saying about SFs defense but Gore is not that great anymore....you put Arian Foster on that team and you have a weapon. Gore not so much! You also fail to mention that Bradshaw and prob 4 def starters missed that game for the Giants. They're much better defensively than New Orleans at this point. If the Giants lose the turnover battle by 2 or more and get Bradshaw knocked out on the first drive like Pierre Thomas then yes....SF might squeak by with 14 seconds left.

KuLaPhU
    KuLaPhU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 482

Quote Originally Posted by johnob14 View Post
    Giants win this.....sorry Niners, this isn't the NFC west.
    Sorry G-men this isn't the east. Welcome to the west coast baby!

In The Money
    In The Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2069

Guys remember 1 thing Defense wins Championships so Niners win and maybe even dare I say, nope wont say it yet

KuLaPhU

Quote Originally Posted by In The Money View Post
    Guys remember 1 thing Defense wins Championships so Niners win and maybe even dare I say, nope wont say it yet

Mr Handicapable

Quote Originally Posted by In The Money View Post

You're right....Giants defense shutout Atlanta and held the MVP to 6 legitimate points. They shutdown Roddy White, Julio Jones, Tony Gonzalez, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, and Jermichael Finley so now they have to deal with Vernon Davis, Vernon Davis...and Vernon Davis. Crabtree catches passes like Edward Scissorhands so they can just put another guy on Vernon Davis.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

This is Vernon Davis's stats this year:

1Sea54704
    2Dal21801
    3@Cin8114011
    4@Phi445110
    5TB339215
    6@Det2800
    7BYE----
    8Cle32702
    9@Wsh44102
    10NYG340110
    11Ari567112
    12@Bal43803
    13StL53203
    14@Ari13203
    15Pit672113
    16@Sea45405
    17@StL8118011

He had 3 catches for 40 yards and a touchdown against giants defense that was playign with half the guys injured.. He had ONE big game at the right time against the saints... What makes you so sure he's going to go off again this coming week... You can clearly see this entire year he hasn't done much at all.. He had one great game and now he's the savior that's going to carry the 49ers offense with alex smith? Please.. Keep reading that news on espn..

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

You can't honestly think the 49ers were the right side in that game. They were lucky as hell to win. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. But don't pretend like you're some sort of Nostradamus because you made the wrong pick and got lucky.

Chimneyfish

Quote Originally Posted by nj1035 View Post
    You can't honestly think the 49ers were the right side in that game. They were lucky as hell to win. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. But don't pretend like you're some sort of Nostradamus because you made the wrong pick and got lucky.
    What game? The 49ers/Giants game? Why do you think the 49ers weren't the better team? Show me a single power rating or stat system that had the Giants rated higher than the 49ers going into Week 10, even regardless of the home field advantage.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

What game? The 49ers/Giants game? Why do you think the 49ers weren't the better team? Show me a single power rating or stat system that had the Giants rated higher than the 49ers going into Week 10, even regardless of the home field advantage.
    Both had a good record with 1 loss a piece if I'm not mistaken. BTW, BRING ON FRANK GORE! Only Niners fans think he's good. The guy is pedestrian and won't be the reason why you would win or lose.

Chimneyfish

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    Both had a good record with 1 loss a piece if I'm not mistaken.
    The Giants had two losses to the 49ers' one. I'm not saying they weren't a good team, but nj1035 acts like I'm crazy for thinking that the 49ers were the better team going into that game. The 49ers were five point favorites and they covered. What is so shocking or lucky about them winning?

GamblerSpirit

The Giants had two losses to the 49ers' one. I'm not saying they weren't a good team, but nj1035 acts like I'm crazy for thinking that the 49ers were the better team going into that game. The 49ers were five point favorites and they covered. What is so shocking or lucky about them winning?
    Weren't you 3 point favorites? Anyways, I think on the last play you guys got very lucky. P-Willy basically tackled our TE at the LOS and the refs look the other way. Reminiscent of any other past referee blunders at the end of the game?

Cheme82
    Cheme82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2447

I don't know who's gonna win but Eli sounds like a retard when he talks. I thought I heard somewhere that he didn't start talking until he was like 5 yrs. old or something. But it must just be a speech thing because he's definitely not stupid although he sounds like he is. Either way I'm cheering for SF because of Vernon Davis and his sentimental breakdown at the end of the game. And also because they took down the Saints so I won't have to be hearing all the fecking NO people doing that annoying WHO DAT? chit.

P.S. Still pissed that the Texans gave the game away, maybe next year.

SXRD71
    SXRD71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2932

Eli is on a mission
    Last edited by SXRD71; 01-16-12 at 08:23 PM.

GamblerSpirit

Quote Originally Posted by SXRD71 View Post
    Eli is on a mission

hitman09
    hitman09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

The safest bet is play the G-Mens moneyline and the prop that 49ers win the SB in case all Harba SB and this time 49ers win (Ravens won on Thanksgiving)

Dave ATS
    Dave ATS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Prudent at this point to lean early towards Gmen. What concerns me about SF is they still struggled to win last week being the recipients of 5 turnovers. Alex Smith played the game of his life, kudos to him, but the question is, can you trust him to do it twice in a row? The travel and away game is of no concern at this point for the Giants...experience is valuable in this spot.

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2745

Maybe it's easier to just look at it as Eli vs Alex and who would you rather pick? I'm sure Eli would get more votes based on his Superbowl ring for sure but that final game winning drive by Alex last Saturday night certainly looked impressive and is just enough to cast doubt on who to pick. I'm staying with the hot team and QB (NYG). Good luck in your plays...

KuLaPhU

Quote Originally Posted by Dave ATS View Post
    Prudent at this point to lean early towards Gmen. What concerns me about SF is they still struggled to win last week being the recipients of 5 turnovers. Alex Smith played the game of his life, kudos to him, but the question is, can you trust him to do it twice in a row? The travel and away game is of no concern at this point for the Giants...experience is valuable in this spot.
    They beat a few experienced team in the league. Including giants. Alex been into that situation twice already... vs Detroit and NO.

Who's better than this team?? NOBODY!!!!

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

If the field is sloppy and it's raining - advantage Niners.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

2011 49ers Defense vs. Starting Running Backs

Week RB Team Att. Yards Avg. TD Injury
    1 Marshawn Lynch SEA 13 33 2.5 0 --
    2 Felix Jones DAL 9 25 2.8 0 Separated shoulder
    3 Cedric Benson CIN 17 64 3.8 0 --
    4 LeSean McCoy PHI 9 18 2.0 0 Undisclosed (returned)
    5 LeGarrette Blount TB 10 34 3.4 0 Lower leg
    6 Jahvid Best DET 12 37 3.1 0 Concussion
    8 Montario Hardesty CLE 2 6 3.0 0 Calf
    9 Roy Helu WAS 10 41 4.1 0 --
    10 Brandon Jacobs NYG 18 51 3.1 0 --
    11 Beanie Wells ARI 8 33 4.1 0 --
    12 Ray Rice BAL 21 59 2.8 0 --
    13 Steven Jackson STL 10 19 1.9 0 --
    14 Beanie Wells ARI 15 27 1.8 0 --
    15 Rashard Mendenhall PIT 15 64 4.3 0 --
    16 Marshawn Lynch SEA 21 107 5.1 1 --
    17 Steven Jackson STL 16 76 4.8 0 Arm
    19 Pierre Thomas NO 1 6 6.0 0 Concussion
    -- Average All 12.2 41.2 3.4 0.06 --

Monitor-Tan

Yes if the field condition is bad with rain as predicted, it will undoubtedly give huge advantage to the 49ers. No doubt about that.. As for experience as they beat the saints but it's a whole new ball game when it's a game before going into the superbowl. Does the 49ers KNOW how to get there.. That's the question.

k13 all that list shows me is that 49ers injure guys who are already prone to injury.. 49ers are physical we all know that.. But there's nothing impressive on that list for injuring anyone.. Everyone on that list has a big history of injury..

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    2011 49ers Defense vs. Starting Running Backs

Week RB Team Att. Yards Avg. TD Injury
    1 Marshawn Lynch SEA 13 33 2.5 0 --
    2 Felix Jones DAL 9 25 2.8 0 Separated shoulder
    3 Cedric Benson CIN 17 64 3.8 0 --
    4 LeSean McCoy PHI 9 18 2.0 0 Undisclosed (returned)
    5 LeGarrette Blount TB 10 34 3.4 0 Lower leg
    6 Jahvid Best DET 12 37 3.1 0 Concussion
    8 Montario Hardesty CLE 2 6 3.0 0 Calf
    9 Roy Helu WAS 10 41 4.1 0 --
    10 Brandon Jacobs NYG 18 51 3.1 0 --
    11 Beanie Wells ARI 8 33 4.1 0 --
    12 Ray Rice BAL 21 59 2.8 0 --
    13 Steven Jackson STL 10 19 1.9 0 --
    14 Beanie Wells ARI 15 27 1.8 0 --
    15 Rashard Mendenhall PIT 15 64 4.3 0 --
    16 Marshawn Lynch SEA 21 107 5.1 1 --
    17 Steven Jackson STL 16 76 4.8 0 Arm
    19 Pierre Thomas NO 1 6 6.0 0 Concussion
    -- Average All 12.2 41.2 3.4 0.06 --
    Sando does some good work.

Delanie Walker back this week as well.

Monitor-Tan

I think Kendall Hunter can be the xfactor for the 49ers, he's got the ability that's very difficult for giants defense to stop.

Mr Handicapable

Notice you don't see Bradshaw on that list....Giants outrushed & outgained SF without their best RB and missing 4 defensive starters. I guess we can all see what we want to see but I still say Giants can win several different ways and SF can only win with a solid +2 or more turnover differential or special teams that lead to scores or a very short field. It could happen but I'll back Eli and a hot defense.

Ninersnut

I'm pretty sure Gore was hurt for the Giants game as well. He had like 6 carries before he left.

As far as who you're backing, I can understand you trying to chase those losses from the Saints. "Hot Defense" yeah Giants D is much hotter than the Niners D.

dondude
    dondude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3430

The packers giants score was skewed by poor calls by the refs. Score shoulda been worse

Mr Handicapable

Quote Originally Posted by Ninersnut View Post
    I'm pretty sure Gore was hurt for the Giants game as well. He had like 6 carries before he left.

As far as who you're backing, I can understand you trying to chase those losses from the Saints. "Hot Defense" yeah Giants D is much hotter than the Niners D.
    I'm 5-1 in the playoffs documented on here so I'm not chasing anything! Secondly...I would say shutting out Atlanta & holding Rodgers to 6 legit points qualifys as hot. SF held the best 3 passing teams they played at home this year to 8 td passes and well over 1,000 yds.....thats not elite to anyone that understands football.

KuLaPhU

Ok let me ask you this?? Who's got it better than us???

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

I'm talking about the Niners/Saints game.

Ninersnut

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post

I'm 5-1 in the playoffs documented on here so I'm not chasing anything! Secondly...I would say shutting out Atlanta & holding Rodgers to 6 legit points qualifys as hot. SF held the best 3 passing teams they played at home this year to 8 td passes and well over 1,000 yds.....thats not elite to anyone that understands football.
    Yes and lost how many of those games? Rightttttttt. Keep hating on the Niners and burning that cash my man. Eli has thrown 17 picks. Alex has thrown 5. You can talk all you want about turnovers but it's not "fluke" turnovers. THe 49ers cause them. They have superior special teams and defense. Giants might have a better offense but I'm sure if we can stop the Saints high powered offense then the Giants will be no problem. What's next? You gonna say the Giants offense is better than the Saints now?

First 123 Last