blackbeSSt
    blackbeSSt's Avatar Become A Pro!

my initial comment about dropping $1050 was with the thinking that you were betting them at the same time, not waiting till the first was over.

i'll agree that there really is no difference if you bet game 1 and then take initial bet and winnings and put it on game 2, as compared to a ml parlay as you stated. but again, i was under the impression that you were taking both games at the same time

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeSSt View Post
    my initial comment about dropping $1050 was with the thinking that you were betting them at the same time, not waiting till the first was over.

i'll agree that there really is no difference if you bet game 1 and then take initial bet and winnings and put it on game 2, as compared to a ml parlay as you stated. but again, i was under the impression that you were taking both games at the same time
    No no, not at the same time. That's why I said the accumulation strategy doesn't fit if the games are at the same time. I think we're on the same page now.

The bottom line moral of the story is a) if you wouldn't bet on Pats ML -710 individually then you shouldn't put it in a parlay and b) instead of doing a parlay, at least consider whether betting them separately as an accumulation might get you a better return.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    No no, not at the same time. That's why I said the accumulation strategy doesn't fit if the games are at the same time. I think we're on the same page now.

The bottom line moral of the story is a) if you wouldn't bet on Pats ML -710 individually then you shouldn't put it in a parlay and b) instead of doing a parlay, at least consider whether betting them separately as an accumulation might get you a better return.
    All in on the Patriots then All in on the Ravens then All in on the Packers.

What can go wrong?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    have to be scared of a rusty GB. im not buying all the giants hype but GB could still be out of sync. they should have played rogers a quarter wk 17. pats is a lock
    this. If the Patriots lose 3 straight home playoff games Bill Belichick needs to be fired.

Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

There is nothing wrong with doing this ML parlay if you only have funds in one book. Unless you feel that the line of the second game which is on Sunday might go in your favor sometime after the first game is over. Another reason you would do a parlay over single individul bets is sometimes you get cold feet after say risking $500 on the first game and winning then pushing the confirm bet on the second game for the big money. Other than those reasons the parlay would pay the exact payout if you are betting at the same book with the same lines individually.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Game is already over. On to the Packers.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    All in on the Patriots then All in on the Ravens then All in on the Packers.

What can go wrong?
    Nothing....Go collect your winnings.

First 12