PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

New Orleans-whatever is the easiest play of the year to date

New Orleans will turn the the Lions into dust come Saturday night..

This team is the most dominant team in the NFL,especially in the dome..

Saints by 3 Touchdowns..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Public's actually split on this so far.

Lions just gave up a million yards and points to the Packers' back-up QB. They were torched at New Orleans earlier in the year. LB's and secondary are weak. Saints obviously out to prove a point and have no problems running up the score and yards on teams (see the Carolina game last week). They were embarrassed in the first round last season, so they won't let up this time around at home.

Not sure how you could possibly bet Detroit in this spot. I'm normally all for dog plays, but no thanks.

PAULYPOKER

When the public is split coin, always take the better team........................

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Not normally a fan of laying double-digits in the NFL, especially in the play-offs but hard to see the Lions being able to avoid a shootout and if it turns out that way, NO would have to be the play.

alukk
    alukk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8012

I think Lions cover, just to much points for a solid offense (Detroit) and weak defense (NO)

rockhardfister
    rockhardfister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Lions and the points for me. Look at the poor 13-3 without the bye week, having to play an extra game against a team they just dusted off a few weeks ago! Now they have to do it again? That sucks! Saints were the benefactor of a very one sided officiated game the first meeting. Lions were getting 7.5 then and almost covered...now 11? Saints hype is way to high. At some point the ball is going to bounce the other way a little bit, Brees will throw a pick or 2, the Saints will get a penalty called against them, Suh will get to Brees and Sean Payton will call the wrong play. Give me the points and the team that has absolutely no pressure on them.

PAULYPOKER

^The Saints are a full blown out petal to the metal kick ya ass while your down don't give a fukk no holds barred team,good luck...

rockhardfister

GL to you too man. I've been wrong before - you've been wrong before! may the best degenerate win.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by rockhardfister View Post
    Lions and the points for me. Look at the poor 13-3 without the bye week, having to play an extra game against a team they just dusted off a few weeks ago! Now they have to do it again? That sucks! Saints were the benefactor of a very one sided officiated game the first meeting. Lions were getting 7.5 then and almost covered...now 11? Saints hype is way to high. At some point the ball is going to bounce the other way a little bit, Brees will throw a pick or 2, the Saints will get a penalty called against them, Suh will get to Brees and Sean Payton will call the wrong play. Give me the points and the team that has absolutely no pressure on them.

Everybody (except maybe the Raiders?) is a benefactor of dumba$$, thuglike, and completely stupid penalties when they play the Lions. Its not a random coincidence. They talk $hit nonstop but then give up 6 TDs to a backup QB? The same hardcore "physical" team that has to go shotgun from 1st & goal at the 3? You don't hang with the Saints by playing their brand of arena football. I still wouldn't lay 11 because I'm scared of the backdoor (thats what she said) but I think teasing anywhere under 6 is

phatRoll
    phatRoll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rockhardfister View Post
    Absolutely no pressure? I wonder how much pressure Detroit felt when they knew for sure that their next game would be against the Saints at their house? You are correct on the officiating, but this is the playoffs, not the regular season. Brees and the Saints are looking at this in terms of winning the superbowl, and they just might do that. This young (and pretty damn good) Lions team needs to grow up and gel more before they can even think about hanging around with the Saints.

I'm with Pauly on this one, and it seems like an easy choice to me. This thing will end up 41-24 Saints.

Skware
    Skware's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    New Orleans will turn the the Lions into dust come Saturday night..

This team is the most dominant team in the NFL,especially in the dome..

Saints by 3 Touchdowns..
    Saints discovered a new running threat in Chris Ivory and haven’t lost a game at home this year. It’s a one leap too far for Detroit.

Saints’ weapons vs. Wishful thinking
    Last edited by Skware; 01-06-12 at 01:04 AM.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

I think Detroit loses, but covers.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

If Detroit covers Bree's and the Saints choked big time and the Lions somehow found a clue. They cannot make the spread high enough if all things don't skew badly. Detroit is losing organization, and that just my opinion.

Pharieswheel
    Pharieswheel's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll be walking into my local bar and give new orleans 3 points and get 10-1, it could come down to who makes the first mistake!!

PAULYPOKER

^ Gee,I wonder who that will be.................

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Best bet here is New Orleans total team OVER. Saints defense will probably bring it on Saturday.

Remeber the Saints lost to the 7-9 Seahawks last year outright in the Wild Card round despite being something like 16 point favorites.
    Even though that loss was on the road in Seattle it still scares me from betting the spread.

rockhardfister

11 points is a ton. Suh is back. Lance Moore is out. This is the only thing thats changed since the first matchup. Additionally, the Lions just played in the Superdome so the shock and awe effect is gone.

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

anything happens when you put money up , but Pauly this is AS GOOD AS IT GET IN MY OPINION.I can see N.O SCORING OVER 27 and add three f.g. that at least36 and maybe detroit puts 17 to 21 thats an easy win.

rockhardfister

I agree, Detroit putting up 17-21 in the first half is a lock.

PAULYPOKER

Just can't stop the Breeze

just hope they don't give Stafford another mercy Touchdown!!

PAULYPOKER

Interception!!!!

Cash it!!!!!

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Pauly equals money today, that's for damn sure.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Pauly equals money today, that's for damn sure.

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Interception!!!!

Cash it!!!!!
    Oh quit bragging! I'm sure you were sweatin this thread at the half..lol.

Nice pick man. Tailed you all the way. Too bad I had it parlayed with Cincinnati +4/U38.