nyed1010
    nyed1010's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rams fire Steve Spagnuolo

whatever team signs this guy is going to be extremely fortunate to have him as D-Coordinator. He's another one of those coaches like Wade Phillips and Norv Turner. Bad head coach, but great coordinator. He was one of the biggest reasons the Giants were so good in 07 and 08. The Giants defense hasn't been the same since he left and it's no coincidence the Giants have been mediocre for the past 3 years. I'm torn whether I want the Giants to win next week because 1) I don't think they have much of a chance to beat the Saints or Packers on the road and 2) if the defense plays decent, they'll likely keep Fewell and that would probably open up a scenario where Spags could go to the Eagles where he began his coaching career.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Yes, great coordinatoor but shit head man. Rams steadily became worse during his tenure.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

welcome back to philly steve

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

What makes you say he's a great defensive coordinator? Did you see the X's and O's on his blackboard or were you seated adjacent to him during film study? Too often success is attributed to one person rather than the whole team; Spags wasn't on the field tackling players or sacking the hell out of Brady in the 07 Super Bowl.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

what ever happened to rebuilding?? they don't need a qb or rb, they need offfensive line, a pass rush and a defense, and another wr

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Rams had 85 people injured this year, and almost as many last year. Raw deal for Spags I thought. Finally somebody who knew how to draft too. Not happy.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

taking a head coaching job in the nfl is all about taking a big payday then getting fired.

that is the only reason to coach some of these teams because you don't get a chance to build a franchise.