Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

This is why The Packers must go for the record.

I don't get it. It really just makes my head turn. I mean I am far from a Packers fan. I am a Chargers fan. But most of all I am an NFL football fan. Come on Green Bay, why would you not want to be the only team in history to go 19-0?? We have someone who wins the Superbowl every year. Heck you guys won it all last year. Why would you want to be just another Superbowl winner? If you ask most NFL fans who won any specific years superbowl, then most might not even remember. Though if they go 19-0 and 10 years from now you ask most NFL fans who is the only 19-0 team, if the Packers are still the only one, MOST everyone will know it was the 2011 Green Bay Packers. So I ask why would you want to be just another superbowl winner when you can be THE ONLY team in the history of the national football league to go undefeated for 19 games? THAT'S ONE team ever! Come on Packers think about this? If say Rodgers gets hurt because you go for it oh well. You are trying to put your name at the top of history not just along the lines of 50 or so other names in history. One last reason, please do this for the people. We are ALL sick of watching Miami throwing their little parties when a team loses and their undefeated season continues. If you do end up winning it all, don't do this. I don't know about all you but I want to sit back and watch some real history.

-Ez

poochiecollins
    poochiecollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Agreed. Injury risk is minimal, anyway. Don't lay down like sissy men. Go for the big house (of history).

EastSideLV
    EastSideLV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1462

Quote Originally Posted by poochiecollins View Post
    Agreed. Injury risk is minimal, anyway. Don't lay down like sissy men. Go for the big house (of history).
    yea they didn't lose their #1 reciever for 3 weeks in the last game or anything.

Injury is always a concern, what if Rodgers goes down, their superbowl chances are pretty much done, and if it turns out to be something serious look what happened to the Colts. Any player would say they rather would win the superbowl than have alot of W's. I understand going 19-0 is still winning the superbowl but the risk is not worth the reward imo.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Quote Originally Posted by poochiecollins View Post
    Hmm....NFL players get injured pretty often...

Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Quote Originally Posted by EastSideLV View Post
    Any player would say they rather would win the superbowl than have alot of W's.
    I agree that any player would say this, but do you really think they all think this? I know winning the superbowl is a dream of anyone, but most of the Packers players have a ring from last year. I know if I was playing I want to be the ONLY team in the history of the NFL to do something not just another team that wins every single year. I can't believe anyone else would disagree. The risk is well worth the reward here. The only team ever ? Come on how can you not want to be part of this more than anything else.

poochiecollins

yea they didn't lose their #1 reciever for 3 weeks in the last game or anything. Injury is always a concern, what if Rodgers goes down, their superbowl chances are pretty much done, and if it turns out to be something serious look what happened to the Colts. Any player would say they rather would win the superbowl than have alot of W's. I understand going 19-0 is still winning the superbowl but the risk is not worth the reward imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    Hmm....NFL players get injured pretty often...
    NO

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Super bowls are overrated.

Don't understand not going for the record.

Who really cares if you win another super bowl....

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

2 reasons:

72 Dolphins
    09 Colts

Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2452

You must go for the record, IMO. The packers have the chance to be the best team in NFL history and your going to bench your players because you don't want them to get hurt? Yes, it's a big deal but come on. Your playing in the NFL. Your job is to play football. The players are tough and want this and I find it foolish to rest your players the final weeks instead of going for it because look at the Colts, they rested and were rusty in the playoffs. At least the Patriots got to the Super Bowl, they just lost that game.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

super bowls rings dont matter?

the only reason payton manning is not the best qb ever is because he does not have enough rings on his fingers

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

well all that matters is according to a notable GB player, the coach wants it. And since he makes the calls, its going to happen. You can't operate in fear of what "might" happen, they have a chance to make history here.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

I hope they rest there starters last game of the season.

Might help my lions get in the playoffs

jrmartin.mig
    jrmartin.mig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9124

Even though I dont want to see them get it, I think they will go for it. Being this close and coming in as the champs, I think they want it.

broller
    broller's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 366

I think the fact that Green Bay already has a title under their belt from last season makes it more likely that they will go for it all. If they didn't already have a ring from this era, maybe they'd be more apprehensive about risking injury in order to win "meaningless" games. Now, with the security of already copping a ring, even if they suffer a major injury that costs them a title, they were sort of playing with "house money" anyway.

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

I hate Mercury Morris and the other '72 Dolphin jerkoffs so much. But I also hate most of the Packer players. So it's lose-lose for me.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Don't worry, they're going for it; Woodson and Rodgers have been talking about it privately since week 8. The last thing McCarthy will do is piss off the locker room by letting off the gas. You won't see Rodgers getting pulled in a tight game like Dungy did at home against the Jets a few years back. How's that turn out Tony? He's still thinks he did the right thing that year.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

People are claiming the Packers could lay claim to being the greatest team ever. It's pretty tough to not want that. They'll go for it, but they should take Rodgers out the second they get up by a nice lead....he was in too long last week.

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    Don't worry, they're going for it; Woodson and Rodgers have been talking about it privately since week 8. The last thing McCarthy will do is piss off the locker room by letting off the gas. You won't see Rodgers getting pulled in a tight game like Dungy did at home against the Jets a few years back. How's that turn out Tony? He's still thinks he did the right thing that year.
    I had the colts in that game & I'm still bitter.Gb better not pull that bitchy school girl crap this is history in the making.Losing because you got beat is one thing but playing backups & basically throwing the game is another.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Who even said they weren't trying to win every game? Of course they are!

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

I live for the Dolphin champagne toast when the last pretender goes down each season. The Packers will not go 19-0.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

They should go for it and not do what the Colts did a few years back. Rest their starters.

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

Being a 49er fan I know how much injuries can hurt (Josh Morgan). With that said, GO FOR IT!

Only downside is how do you set higher standards next year after back-to-back championships and a perfect season? You're only playing for stats.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

From every word out of the Packer locker room is this: "We're going for it."
    Many people say 'oh they should lose one.'
    In the NFL, you play to win, and nothing begets winning like wins... And nothing begets losing like loses.
    This Packer team, however, has CRITICAL players injured, unlike last year. Last year? Grant gets hurt - Starks makes f'n plays (Starks CAN be a better back). Barnett goes down and Des Bishop comes in? That's a Packer dream last year. Every Packer fan knows how bad Barnett stinks - well, unless you like a guy that can't shed a block or get a tackle 8 yards down the field (sorry, Buffalo). Finley goes down last year? No biggy - Andrew Quarless fills the need fine. Both have comparable hands (fail)... And there's still Greg Jennings, along with Jordy, and JJ, and of course, Donald. Heck, AJ Hawk was one of the worst LBs in the NFL until late last year. Why he's getting paid what he is, is beyond me, I still think he hasn't shown enough...

That all said, I hope the Pack goes for it. They got their ring last year. Having 2 of the top 2 or 3 OL out (Clifton and Sitton), who cares? Plug someone else in. That's the way this team feels. That's what I gather listening to them. I understand that a RING is the goal, but they got it last year. I really really really dislike resting players. Sure, sometimes a Wes Welker blows out his knee, even though he was ABOUT to sit down. When you play NOT to lose, bad things happen. I think when you play to win, and hope to give rest to players, you're in the wrong mindset. It's the NFL. GO win. When you don't play hard in the NFL bad things happen, like the Jets getting gifted into the playoffs and then going to the championship of the AFC. F that.

I always thought the Colts blew it in pursuit of 16-0+. That team wasn't the same coming out, albeit one time, and they lost to the Saints in the Superbowl. Bad habits linger when you aren't playing your best/hardest to win. This is proven year in/year out. Look at the Pack last year fighting JUST to get into the playoffs - or the Steelers last time they won it. They BOTH had to play every game and then go on the road, as a wild card, on their way to the Superbowl. Why give up your edge? WHY?

Anyhow, I think the Pack is going to go for it. Unfortunately, I don't believe GB can beat a team like Atlanta in Lambeau, should it happen. Heck, I think the Giants would beat the hell out of them, if it happened, in Lambeau. GB is NOT a cold weather team, they're built for a fast track. With a cold/slow turf, they will have problems.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Jim Caldwell was the coach for the Colts in 2009.

GONE FISHIN
    GONE FISHIN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

def should make the run!!!

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by 8ArIvd5 View Post
    Being a 49er fan I know how much injuries can hurt (Josh Morgan). With that said, GO FOR IT!

Only downside is how do you set higher standards next year after back-to-back championships and a perfect season? You're only playing for stats.
    Not true. If the Packers do pull off the 19-0 season, the following years expectations would be for them to go 19-0 again.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

yea they didn't lose their #1 reciever for 3 weeks in the last game or anything.

Injury is always a concern, what if Rodgers goes down, their superbowl chances are pretty much done, and if it turns out to be something serious look what happened to the Colts. Any player would say they rather would win the superbowl than have alot of W's. I understand going 19-0 is still winning the superbowl but the risk is not worth the reward imo.
    so why even walk onto the field? why not just forfeit?

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

Quote Originally Posted by freakydave View Post
    I had the colts in that game & I'm still bitter.Gb better not pull that bitchy school girl crap this is history in the making.Losing because you got beat is one thing but playing backups & basically throwing the game is another.
    it was Caldwell and his ultimate final decision.

f you Caldwell!!!

edit: quoted the wrong fukkn person
    Last edited by ThaTopMoron; 12-18-11 at 01:05 AM. Reason: on crack

poochiecollins

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    well all that matters is according to a notable GB player, the coach wants it. And since he makes the calls, its going to happen. You can't operate in fear of what "might" happen, they have a chance to make history here.
    Hell yeah. It's what God would want. It's what.. Tebow would want.

HauntingTheHoly
    HauntingTheHoly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

The argument that the players should get rest is the dumbest thing in the universe. They're already getting a rest with a first round BYE.

DOMINATER
    DOMINATER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1180

peyton is great but Montana was better and even Marino, can't see Brady in that bunch, and yes I am sick of that MIAMI CREW.

Keelo
    Keelo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

"They don't play scarred" Mike McCarthy

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

End of discussion.