Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

If Texans Get 1st Round Bye - Kubiak Should Be Coach Of The Year

I know I'm a Texans homer, and I have said things about Kubiak needs to be fired in past seasons, but he has turned it around this year. Part of the turnaround definitely has to do with what Wade Phillips did with the defense. Without the defense, the Titans would be leading the division with a 7-6 record.

But to the victor goes the spoils. If I have lambasted Kubiak in the past with what is wrong with this team, then I have to give him praise when things are going great. They are the #1 seed, as of today, in the AFC. They have lost Mario Williams, Andre Johnson most of the year, Matt Schaub, Matt Schaub's backup, their punter, etc. When Schaub went down, the media kept saying "Favre this", and "Favre that". Kubiak stayed the course with Leinart. When Leinart went down, they were pretty much left for dead. Kubiak stayed the course, and went with his rookie, TJ Yates. he didn't succumb to media pressure because he knew what he had in TJ. TJ proved he was worthy of that trust yesterday.

I don't think that they will get past the AFC Championship gamer (if they even get that far), but in the same breath, there is no reason they should be where they are with what they have. Harbaugh will probably get it, but Kubiak definitely deserves the recognition for his fine work this season.

tiger_bait
    tiger_bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11442

i agree kinda

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

How is kubiak going to handle foster workload this week and next

Was on a bye this week in fantasy but i need him big these next 2 weeks

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post
    How is kubiak going to handle foster workload this week and next

Was on a bye this week in fantasy but i need him big these next 2 weeks
    I say its going to be the same. They're playing for home field advantage. He just had a bad game yesterday.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    I say its going to be the same. They're playing for home field advantage. He just had a bad game yesterday.
    Thx

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Give it to Kubiak and then Kubiak should hand it over to Wade Phillips. Kubiak's only major change has been Wade Phillips.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

I agree KLC. This team has been incredible this year. For what they've gone through the coach should get major props. Yates and company were absolutely insane for the two minute drill yesterday. Cheers

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

anyone who thinks wade phillips is a dummy is mistaking. piss-poor disciplinarian yes but the guy is a defensive genius. i love the look in this guys face when its 3rd and 6 and they have a surprise for the opposing offense or right after they execute it.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9800

weak schedule

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

what if they finish 13-3 and dont get a bye?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by gryfyn1 View Post
    what if they finish 13-3 and dont get a bye?
    Then they lose to the Jets in the 1st round.

racistrapist
    racistrapist's Avatar Become A Pro!

John Fox should get coach of the year for finding a way to win with a mentally and physically handicapped qb who scores 13 points per game

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Give it to Kubiak and then Kubiak should hand it over to Wade Phillips. Kubiak's only major change has been Wade Phillips.
    Agreed. Kubiak is still as clueless as ever. It's the defense that has transformed the Texans into a playoff team.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post

Tonight reminded me of why I wanted Kubiak to be fired the first 5 seasons he coached. If Wade is going to be a one and done DC in Houston, we won't sniff the playoffs after this year.

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Kubiak's a moron. 23 carries for Foster? That's it? They should've easily won these last 2 games and Baltimore still has to go to Cincy to win which isn't a given. May have boned themselves out of a bye.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    23 carries for Foster? That's it?