DJ Dana
    DJ Dana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

How do I play these spreads in the most effective way? Mia @ NYG and Cle @ SF

OK, new poster on board here (fairly long time gambler). I have a couple games I want to get on this upcoming weekend but Vegas has the lines at their usual tantalizing and frustrating best.
    To wit: The NYG hosting the winless Miami Dolphins with a line of -10 and the Niners hosting the somewhat competitive Browns at -8.5 for the home team. Here's my question, I think both teams win but the lines for both games may be too large. What is the best way to play these bets if you favor the home teams? Do I tease the line down for each game and pay the extra juice? Do I parlay each? I'm not comfortable laying all those points (got burned already by the Giants in that Seattle debacle 2 weeks back). I'm asking for your expert gambling approach here since I haven't played many teasers of parlays to date.

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

If youre not comfortable with the points, teasing is better than money line with big favorites.

willis815
    willis815's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1132

Tease is the best option if you are not comfortable with the line.

Keep in mind: Every year the Giants blow a game like the Seattle game (big favorite over a crap team and just expect to win). But they only do it once, why does this keep happening every year is beyond me. Secondly, San Fran is coming off a bye here. Yes byes have not helped teams this year overall, but good teams (which San Fran is looking like) have actually done very well coming off the bye.