SportGTI
    Update your status
    SportGTI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vikings/Panthers

I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on this match-up. It seems most are looking at the O47.5 (give or a take a bit) in this game. I usually don't play O/U that much but am very much liking the Vikings today. Problem is that they are on the road today and have looked god-awful at times on the road.

This is what I'm looking at in this game:

- Adrian Peterson should have a field day against the Panthers' run defense which is near the bottom; Michael Turner gashed them for over 200 a few weeks ago and Tim Hightower was off to a solid start before the injury bug riddled him

- The Vikings looked to show life with Ponder in the game; though this is Ponder's first road start, I like Ponder to be able to find some holes in the secondary as he did against Green Bay. I think he could have 225 yards with 1TD and 1INT

- This one scares me; Cam Newton. Vikes pass defense is atrocious at times and Cam could light it up with Steve Smith providing most of the damage. The Vikes have a great pass rush, but this could hurt them with the "escapability" of Cameron Newton

- I like the Vikings IF they can contain Newton and use AP to control the clock. I could see a 21 - 17 victory (which is why I'm staying away from the O/U)

What are your guys' thoughts. I'd like to play Minnesota on the ML at +160. Is there value in this pick? Or am I throwing the money down the drain?

Thoughts and comments always appreciated

gimpy
    gimpy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

ML is a good play. I know a few people who are on it.

I think that Cammy is going to run into some issues. I don't know how well his o-line will hold up this week, but if he can get some time, remember that Antoine Winfield and Chris Cook are not going to be playing.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Panthers are gonna beat that ass

gimpy

BOL to you IceHouse. Cam's either going to break some ankles, or he's going to get broken.

I might hit the prop @ over 6.5 rush attempts @ 5dimes before kick off. We'll see how I feel later.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    BOL to you IceHouse. Cam's either going to break some ankles, or he's going to get broken.

I might hit the prop @ over 6.5 rush attempts @ 5dimes before kick off. We'll see how I feel later.
    If Vikings win this game Ponder is going have to have a huge game. Panthers will put 9 in the box and make the Vikings throw it.

gimpy

Care to wager some points on a straight up win, IceHouse?

SportGTI
    Update your status
    SportGTI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the input gimpy and Ice House;

I agree that the panthers will probably put 8 to 9 in the box to stop AP and if ponder is unable to throw the ball, then it might be a long day for the Vikes. However, I see this game closer to 50/50 and I'm getting +160 on the vikes' ML. I see such good value on them.

I could be wrong, but I think I might pull the trigger on them today.

irlandais_noir
    irlandais_noir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1330

On Vikes ML as well. Pass D + AP should be too much for the Panthers to handle.

Steve Smith cant bail them out every week #knahimsayin
    Last edited by irlandais_noir; 10-30-11 at 10:28 AM.