daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Is Andrew Luck the Lebron James of the NFL? Can't believe teams are tanking for him!

Fukking funny how teams are tanking games just to get Andrew Luck.. Is he the Lebron James of the NFL?

MLB: Stephen Strasburg - Lebron James
    NFL: Andrew Luck - Lebron James?

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Who's tanking? The fish just suck.

Believeland
    The Dude minds
    Believeland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 922

I think you should quit gambling and or quit watching football. Do you honestly think these million dollar athletes wanna tank for some rookie Qb? LOL yea I'm sure thats it Brandon Marshall is dropping balls cuz he want's luck! Dolphins defense let sanchez have all day to throw because well they want LUCK on their team too.

Once again you come off as an idiot

daimoshokage

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    Who's tanking? The fish just suck.
    Colts - dumb lateral pass from garcon..
    Dolphins - not trying to score in the end of the 1st half and many more..

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

No.

We can close this thread now.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

I think Luck will be legit. Kid will start and be productive year one. Strong arm, manages the game well, low key and handles himself well....solid player.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

This clown doesnt even know that Lebron James is a basket baller and not a footballer. OMG, we need to start a campaign to get these guys who have no clue off SBR.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nobody is tanking games. If a team gets the 1st overall pick, the head coach and GM are gone as well..

daimoshokage

Quote Originally Posted by alamo View Post
    This clown doesnt even know that Lebron James is a basket baller and not a footballer. OMG, we need to start a campaign to get these guys who have no clue off SBR.
    Can't believe SBR is full of idiots.. It's just a comparison you uneducated fukk..

YoungGunKid
    YoungGunKid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

Many many scouts have said Andrew Luck is the best QB prospect they have seen 10 to 20 years.I would say its HIGHLY HIGHLY likely he will be a multiple time Pro Bowl QB

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by Believeland View Post
    I think you should quit gambling and or quit watching football. Do you honestly think these million dollar athletes wanna tank for some rookie Qb? LOL yea I'm sure thats it Brandon Marshall is dropping balls cuz he want's luck! Dolphins defense let sanchez have all day to throw because well they want LUCK on their team too.

Once again you come off as an idiot
    Not so fast my friend... Whenever you have the owner of a team saying that it's better to lose now that has to effect the players and possibly the coaching schemes.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football...on-trade/92803

The report says Dolphin owner “Ross is so focused on getting his team a franchise quarterback that he has told friends, much as losses pain him in the short-term, he’s aware they offer long-term gain because they put Miami in better position to pick Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck in the next draft.”

What would be ironic is if all these teams "Suck for Luck" and he decides to play another year at Stanford. Talk about Karma...
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: daimoshokage

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

The Dolphins need their next Dan Marino.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Not so fast my friend... Whenever you have the owner of a team saying that it's better to lose now that has to effect the players and possibly the coaching schemes. http://larrybrownsports.com/football...on-trade/92803 The report says Dolphin owner “Ross is so focused on getting his team a franchise quarterback that he has told friends, much as losses pain him in the short-term, he’s aware they offer long-term gain because they put Miami in better position to pick Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck in the next draft.” What would be ironic is if all these teams "Suck for Luck" and he decides to play another year at Stanford. Talk about Karma...
    All the owners of 0-5 teams want Luck, no one is tanking games. Cant believe people still think this. The head coach and his staff is gone if you have the number 1 pick, why would they tank?

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    All the owners of 0-5 teams want Luck, no one is tanking games. Cant believe people still think this. The head coach and his staff is gone if you have the number 1 pick, why would they tank?
    Poor argument. Haven't you seen Major League? Tanking would be a strategy employed by the owner and would be risk free for the GM and coach. There would be some agreement there...not that I think it's happening...yet. I think it may start next week though. The Dolphins need Luck badly. Start loading on teams playing the Phins for - w/e

Mac4Lyfe

What? Are you really that naive? Are you too young to remember teams tanking? Did you forget that just last year the NFL investigated the Colt's for tanking to rest starters?? Huh? Do you know teams have tanked in order to get favorable playoff draws? Do you remember 2007 in the NBA when the Grizzlies, Celtics, Bucks and TWolves were all tanking in order to gain draft position? The head coaches and staff wouldn't even play their starters. Doc Rivers didn't even bat an eye when he wouldn't play starters and just smirk while saying that he was not doing anything wrong. Vegas had to adjust lines across the board, which they do in every sport near the end of the season, adjusting for "unmotivated teams".

"When posting lines, oddsmakers target a 50-50 game. After all, they profit from the juice, and that's maximized with similar interest on both sides. But with some of these NBA games, they could not make the line just," Kezirian said. "There was just no way to forecast a disinterested team's performance, especially when the coach indirectly benefits from a loss."

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/7926527.html

Commissioner Roger Goodell just wrapped his press conference which acts as the official close to the league meetings, and among the things he mentioned is a move to discourage teams from "tanking" end-of-season games.
    http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...king_meas.html

zsr

Dont compare the NBA to the nfl, if were talking about the nba all bets are off. Stern tries to fix playoff games for fuks sake. But come on now, nfl teams are not tanking games 6 games in, of course playoff teams tank end of season games..Im just saying, the whole basis for your side of the argument is the coaches want an elite quarterback, the coaches wont be there next year, with the exception of the colts staff, if the team goes 1-15. 30 year old grown men in the nfl arent tanking games man. The nba is a totally different story. Just watch the games, the dolphins are just a terrible team, they've played this bad all year and they will continue to play this bad.

Did you read the article you posted? It is referencing playoff teams playing 2 and 3rd stringers when they have the division wrapped up.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Not so fast my friend... Whenever you have the owner of a team saying that it's better to lose now that has to effect the players and possibly the coaching schemes.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football...on-trade/92803

The report says Dolphin owner “Ross is so focused on getting his team a franchise quarterback that he has told friends, much as losses pain him in the short-term, he’s aware they offer long-term gain because they put Miami in better position to pick Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck in the next draft.”

What would be ironic is if all these teams "Suck for Luck" and he decides to play another year at Stanford. Talk about Karma...
    Luck is a senior. He'll be in the draft.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Andy I think he had a redshirt...still one year of eligibility left? I might be wrong but pretty confident.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Andy I think he had a redshirt...still one year of eligibility left? I might be wrong but pretty confident.
    Your right. Obviously no way he stays but he does have 1 year left.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

Every week I am a lil dissappointed in the boys, but then I see the record and hear good things about Manning's recovery (hoping for at least 2 more seasons so I can go to a bunch of games with all the cash I am banking off of fading my own team )

but back to my statement I see the record updated each week and I get a

Rams don't need it. Miami will beat somebody. Colts may beat Jax... d'oh!

why do u think i keep posting most weeks when to take the other team's spread vs Colts or ML and run with it? i know what's up. i went to the Steelers Colts SNF game and listened into some private conversations during the game

Mac4Lyfe

Dont compare the NBA to the nfl, if were talking about the nba all bets are off. Stern tries to fix playoff games for fuks sake. But come on now, nfl teams are not tanking games 6 games in, of course playoff teams tank end of season games..Im just saying, the whole basis for your side of the argument is the coaches want an elite quarterback, the coaches wont be there next year, with the exception of the colts staff, if the team goes 1-15. 30 year old grown men in the nfl arent tanking games man. The nba is a totally different story. Just watch the games, the dolphins are just a terrible team, they've played this bad all year and they will continue to play this bad.

Did you read the article you posted? It is referencing playoff teams playing 2 and 3rd stringers when they have the division wrapped up.
    You said that coaches wouldn't tank games. You didn't mention the NFL only, nor did you mention playoff teams. Tanking is tanking is tanking no matter how you slice it. Tanking at the end of the season is much more insidious IMO then in the beginning. Now you would think teams wouldn't tank this early in the season but this might be the first time in NFL history that you have several teams that seasons are already done for this early. The Colt's and Phins are not making the playoffs so what incentive do they have to win games? Sporano may want to win but when his owner tells him that he will not pull the trigger on Kyle Orton and blocked the trade that basically would have made Miami a playoff contender. What does that tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    Luck is a senior. He'll be in the draft.
    Luck's family lives right down the street from me. He was redshirted his first year and will have 1 more year of eligibility next year. Will he stay another year at Stanford? I don't think so but I also didn't think he would have stayed this year either.

zsr

You said that coaches wouldn't tank games. You didn't mention the NFL only, nor did you mention playoff teams. Tanking is tanking is tanking no matter how you slice it. Tanking at the end of the season is much more insidious IMO then in the beginning. Now you would think teams wouldn't tank this early in the season but this might be the first time in NFL history that you have several teams that seasons are already done for this early. The Colt's and Phins are not making the playoffs so what incentive do they have to win games? Sporano may want to win but when his owner tells him that he will not pull the trigger on Kyle Orton and blocked the trade that basically would have made Miami a playoff contender. What does that tell you Luck's family lives right down the street from me. He was redshirted his first year and will have 1 more year of eligibility next year. Will he stay another year at Stanford? I don't think so but I also didn't think he would have stayed this year either.
    Well, i wouldnt call playoff teams resting starters tanking but yea i meant to say the nfl only, obviously nba is all fuked up. When your commish tries to fix playoff series you never know what the hell is going on. Your right though this could be the first year it happens, we'll have to see what happens if two teams are 0-12 or something, it will be interesting. Im sure goodell will be watching closely though.

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    The Dolphins need their next Dan Marino.
    They also need a pounding RB/FB, another deep ball threat, and someone that can break through the opposing offensive line. God this team blows this year.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by YoungGunKid View Post
    Many many scouts have said Andrew Luck is the best QB prospect they have seen 10 to 20 years.I would say its HIGHLY HIGHLY likely he will be a multiple time Pro Bowl QB
    Oh boy, when have I heard that before.... Hmmmm. Jamarcus Russell, Jimmy Claussen, Brady Quinn, Ryan Leaf, etc., etc.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html

Luck's a great kid and I can't wait to see him in the pro's but to crown anyone a HOFer before he takes a snap at the next level is ridiculous. Let's just wait and see. Football is very different then baseball or basketball. No such thing as a sure thing when your career could end or be adjusted in an instant.

Riceboi
    Riceboi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

alright so auto fade the dolphins from now on, check!

uup115
    uup115's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3146

Luck is the 15th best QB in the NFL, today.

Mac4Lyfe

Well, i wouldnt call playoff teams resting starters tanking but yea i meant to say the nfl only, obviously nba is all fuked up. When your commish tries to fix playoff series you never know what the hell is going on. Your right though this could be the first year it happens, we'll have to see what happens if two teams are 0-12 or something, it will be interesting. Im sure goodell will be watching closely though.
    If your not playing to win then aren't you tanking??? The definition of Tanking is to "do poorly" or to "not do your best". What do you think teams are doing by not playing their best players?

The Colt's were very upfront that they didn't care about winning every game they played. That in itself is foul IMO.

“I thought we had made it clear that 16-0 was not a goal for us,” Polian said.

The owner signed off on it. Polian was careful to point out that the decision not to push for a 15th win
    (and thus, not to pursue perfection) came with the involvement, and presumably the blessing, of owner Jim Irsay. In other words, to the extent that Polian is getting heat, he wants folks to realize that the guy who writes the checks approved of the approach.
    So don’t blame Polian. Blame Irsay.
    The coach made the decision to pull the starters.
    Polian also was careful to point out that, even though he was involved in the crafting of the plan to stop trying, coach Jim Caldwell was the one who made the specific decision to yank Peyton Manning and others with a five-point lead early in the third quarter.
    “The timing was entirely up to [Caldwell],” Polian said. “It was his decision to make as to when we took the players out.”
    So don’t blame Polian. Blame Caldwell.

The Colt's purposely tanked several years ago as well, starting some lame duck Sorgi when a 10 win Browns team needed them to win in order to get in the playoffs. I think it's a terrible practice and am glad the Colts have only won 1 superbowl during their decade run even though they've had the best regular season the last 10 years.

YoungGunKid
    YoungGunKid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

Oh boy, when have I heard that before.... Hmmmm. Jamarcus Russell, Jimmy Claussen, Brady Quinn, Ryan Leaf, etc., etc.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html

Luck's a great kid and I can't wait to see him in the pro's but to crown anyone a HOFer before he takes a snap at the next level is ridiculous. Let's just wait and see. Football is very different then baseball or basketball. No such thing as a sure thing when your career could end or be adjusted in an instant.

Just LOL @ comparing Luck to Russell,Clausen,and Quinn ....every other scout had a love or hate mentality with them and I dont think you'll have any scout having bad thoughts on Luck...and saying he will make multiple pro bowls is nowhere near crowning him an HOF FWIW

Any football fan with half a lick of sense can see Luck will be a solid Qb in the nfl at the worst

zsr

Im not really sure why your posting things about a PLAYOFF team, RESTING its starters, and comparing it to a team purposely going 0-16. Of course a coach and an owner will agree to rest starters to keep them healthy for the playoffs. You will never see a coach agree to bench his starters to go 0-16. Your just flat out wrong here and trying to make your argument by saying coaches and owners agree to rest starters for the playoffs, which is two completely different things. No one is tanking games in the NFL, im not going to argue all night. Just watch for yourself.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

If your not playing to win then aren't you tanking??? The definition of Tanking is to "do poorly" or to "not do your best". What do you think teams are doing by not playing their best players?

The Colt's were very upfront that they didn't care about winning every game they played. That in itself is foul IMO.

“I thought we had made it clear that 16-0 was not a goal for us,” Polian said.

The owner signed off on it. Polian was careful to point out that the decision not to push for a 15th win
    (and thus, not to pursue perfection) came with the involvement, and presumably the blessing, of owner Jim Irsay. In other words, to the extent that Polian is getting heat, he wants folks to realize that the guy who writes the checks approved of the approach.
    So don’t blame Polian. Blame Irsay.
    The coach made the decision to pull the starters.
    Polian also was careful to point out that, even though he was involved in the crafting of the plan to stop trying, coach Jim Caldwell was the one who made the specific decision to yank Peyton Manning and others with a five-point lead early in the third quarter.
    “The timing was entirely up to [Caldwell],” Polian said. “It was his decision to make as to when we took the players out.”
    So don’t blame Polian. Blame Caldwell.

The Colt's purposely tanked several years ago as well, starting some lame duck Sorgi when a 10 win Browns team needed them to win in order to get in the playoffs. I think it's a terrible practice and am glad the Colts have only won 1 superbowl during their decade run even though they've had the best regular season the last 10 years.
    Yeah the Colts need to make sure they win a game that is meaningless to them because another team can't take care of their own business.

The Colts are supposed to take care of business for other teams who blow multiple games a season & still won 10. Remember, it was the Derek Anderson year... they would of had 11 wins and won the division over Steelers if they had just gone 1-1 vs them and beat them in week 10 instead of blowing it and losing by 3. Just one fukkn example pal. Lost to the Bengals 2nd to last week of season 19-14... wasn't that a Derek Anderson billion turnover game? They lost to the fukkn Lions by 3, the Cardinals by 6, and the Raiders by 2. It was 2007, all those teams were horseshit.

Mac4Lyfe

Im not really sure why your posting things about a PLAYOFF team, RESTING its starters, and comparing it to a team purposely going 0-16. Of course a coach and an owner will agree to rest starters to keep them healthy for the playoffs. You will never see a coach agree to bench his starters to go 0-16. Your just flat out wrong here and trying to make your argument by saying coaches and owners agree to rest starters for the playoffs, which is two completely different things. No one is tanking games in the NFL, im not going to argue all night. Just watch for yourself.
    Of course a team wouldn't purposely try and go 0-16. Every team in the league starts off with the hopes of making a playoff run. Every year, there's a sleeper team that no one knew would be good. Too much hope at the beginning of the season to tank games... BUT as the season progresses and the losing piles up, you are crazy if you think teams aren't thinking about draft position any less than a team trying to get healthy for the playoff run. You said yourself that the Colts were tanking but you somehow are trying to justify it by saying they're resting? If your not trying to win a game (meaningless or not), isn't that tanking? If the tanking is done in game 1 (highly unlikely) or in game 16 does it make it more or less a tank job?

I agree that the Brown's only have themselves to blame for not winning enough games BUT shouldn't teams try their best to win games? What if teams got together and colluded to allow each other to win/lose at their leisure and determine the outcome of each game. Isn't that the definition of a fix? How is that any different then Wrestling? If your not playing your best players aren't you really saying that your not going to give your best effort?

Resting starters is bush league and tarnishes not only the NFL but the integrity of athletics. It's fuking pathetic. The Colt's as a franchise should be ashamed of themselves. To not even try for a perfect season was a sham and their impending collapse couldn't have happened to a better franchise.