Snatch26
    Snatch26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Miami +7

Miami has the 2nd worst pass defense in the NFL but luckily they are facing Mark Sanchez and an offense that only puts up 221.2 yds/gm. Miami also has a solid run defense (13th) which is only giving 107.5 yds/gm so for them not to cover this big number Mark Sanchez is going to have to beat them and that's why I like my chances with Miami +7.

Miami is 0-4 but has played Tom Brady, Matt Schaub, and Philip Rivers all QBs that are on a different level than Mark Sanchez. Statistically (offensively and defensively) the Jets are actually very comparable to the Cleveland Browns and Miami lost that game 17-16.

A lot of times we overlook the numbers and see a play like Jets -7 and think this is too easy but I wonder how the Jets (22nd in passing yds/gm and 31st in running yds/gm) are going to cover -7 in a really intense rival game. They managed to only put up 166 yards passing against New England who has the WORST pass defense in the league.

Matt Moore- By no means is he anything to write home about but he did manage to produce against the Chargers in a tough spot. To come off the bench (mid-game) and throw for 166 yards against the 2nd best passing defense on the road says a lot about this guy. Also, he has starting experience. Let's not forget he was a STARTING QB in the NFL and that experience mixed in with a bye week to learn the offense should have him ready to go tonight.

I DO NOT THINK THE JETS WILL LOSE TONIGHT. I just think it is going to be a lot harder than most people think to cover the -7. Trends are favorable to teams coming off a bye week and being that this is an intense divisional game I don't see the Jets blowing this game open. The Jets have a lot more pressure to win this game and that locker room is a mess right now with the Derrick Mason debacle and the Santonio Holmes comments. I'm a NY guy and the media has been all over them this week so with nothing to lose I like Miami and the points.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Great write up.

I'm on board. There is no such thing as free money. This line isn't a gift from Vegas.

vietstuh
    vietstuh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

i agree, but I would really feel more comfortable if I teased it to +14 with the under. what do you think?

betme
    hello
    betme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I teased 3teams 10pts

dolphin +17 jet+3 over31... we'll see what happen

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

good to see someone has balls... to many people on jets for that free cash

mission
    mission's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

Quote Originally Posted by vietstuh View Post
    i agree, but I would really feel more comfortable if I teased it to +14 with the under. what do you think?
    im starting to like this play best. still deciding before making a small action play for TV purposes...

CapperGuy
    CapperGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 698

Miami is the play here! People are downsizing this Miami team. If you actually watched all there games this season you will see they aren't that bad of a team. Moore being a dual threat qb is going to cause problems for Jets defense especially there suspect safeties and will open opportunities for Fasano and Gates. 7 points is simply too much for a streaky qb in Sanchez to cover. Miami with the points or no play.

loopydude11
    meh
    loopydude11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 339

Uh oh. I got my weekly email from BetOnline's Dave Mason and he's on the Dolphins. he always picks MNF correctly it's insane. i'm on the Jets so this worries me

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

aside from a few offensive coaching 'mistakes' (bad moves), they would be +2 or so in the win column.

moore will be good. Ponder will be a great.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Have Miami to close out a couple of teasters at 14.5.