No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Cowboys +7, possible ML?

Anyone else think this is worth a roll of the dice, or is it a sucker play and NE rolls?

theplagy
    Spurs !
    theplagy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I like +7 a lot. one of the better looking bets on the board

if Brady decides to go apeshit and win this one by himself then so be it
    But
    1) Dallas run D vs NE crap run game (dinged up BGE)
    2) Dallas Passing with Austin back vs NE weak 2ndary
    3) 2 weeks to prep up and if Dal D-Line step up and put pressure on Brady then we got a game!

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Yes sir. I have 2 G's on this game. I have my reasons listed in my thread. Love this game.

EricZ116
    EricZ116's Avatar Become A Pro!

Save yourself the $ and don't take the ML... The Patriots aren't going to have their 2+ season long regular season home winning streak end to this Cowboys team.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Do the Pats ever lose at home? This one basically comes down to Brady versus Romo, which is a no brainer.

Edit: I had to fact check my data. Sure enough, Brady's last regular season home loss was almost 5 years ago.
    Last edited by slacker00; 10-14-11 at 12:51 PM.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by theplagy View Post
    I like +7 a lot. one of the better looking bets on the board

if Brady decides to go apeshit and win this one by himself then so be it
    But
    1) Dallas run D vs NE crap run game (dinged up BGE)
    2) Dallas Passing with Austin back vs NE weak 2ndary
    3) 2 weeks to prep up and if Dal D-Line step up and put pressure on Brady then we got a game!
    BJGE is fine, and Woodhead is back. Ridley is probably the best back and should get some carries. Pats run game is certainly not poor, they just have a better passing game so they've used that a lot.

Dallas' role players will need to step up, because Ware and Witten will be pretty much neutralized. I think they lose by 7-14, so the only play for me would be Pats ML

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

Pats defense blows.
    Dallas should win if Romo doesn't give it away.

Jcm144
    Jcm144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 612

I would stick with the Pats, their offensive line is playing great, giving Brady all day to pick the cowboys secondary. Last week they even showed that they run it, this is not to mention that Brady doesn't lose at home......Pats by at least 2 TDs

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can you explain how New England is going to neutralize Ware and Witten??????

That is a BS statement and needs some backing up. The Pats don't have a ******* clue on defence, have no idea where Ware will line up each play until Brady is under center but he will be neutralized. Jerod Mayo is out on defense who shared some coverage responsibilities on the TE and is their best open field tackler.

Do you watch football???

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm144 View Post
    I would stick with the Pats, their offensive line is playing great, giving Brady all day to pick the cowboys secondary. Last week they even showed that they run it, this is not to mention that Brady doesn't lose at home......Pats by at least 2 TDs
    I love this analysis. The Jets have zero offense and yet didn't lose by DD.

AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN
    Go CARDS!!!
    AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Cowboys will become cowgirls laying the wood PATS -290 ML 14.5x to win 5x... save your change if your gonna take the boys ML, will not happen at Gillette Stadium..

Hilljacademics
    Hilljacademics's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18823

I like Belichick in revenge games....not against Dallas obviously, but against Rob Ryan. While in CLE last year, Ryan's defensive gameplan completely befuddled the NE offense in week 9, holding Brady to 19/36 for 224 and 2 TD's to Hernandez and Woodhead was the leading rusher of 54 yds on 9 carries. CLE forced two fumbles and went on to roll 34-14. Although Ryan has better talent now as DC in Dallas, the tables will turn in Foxboro....NE by 13.

AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN
    Go CARDS!!!
    AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by gshock1 View Post

I love this analysis. The Jets have zero offense and yet didn't lose by DD.
    Pats also covered that game, and covered the 2H bet... Get off there asss

Jets Sanchez had his best game of the year against the Cowboys putting up 26/34 335 Passing Yards 2TD 1INT

You Don't Think Brady will show up at Home??? ahahahah

Brady last Home game against the Jets D 321 Passing Yards 1TD 1INT
    last home game before that Brady put up 423 passing yards on SD Defense.. 3TD

Brady is the Man with the plan, a well oiled machine that will lead his team to Victory.. Pats or nothing on this 1

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

in general for me a "7" is always worth betting on the dog

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Isn't Miles back? I like the Cowboys +7. They had a full week to recover and focus on this game.
    PATS worst D in the league.

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    Can you explain how New England is going to neutralize Ware and Witten??????

That is a BS statement and needs some backing up. The Pats don't have a ******* clue on defence, have no idea where Ware will line up each play until Brady is under center but he will be neutralized. Jerod Mayo is out on defense who shared some coverage responsibilities on the TE and is their best open field tackler.

Do you watch football???
    This should be entertaining.

Mayo is not the best coverage LB, Gary Guyton (his replacement) is. He and Pat Chung shared coverage against Antonio Gates earlier this year... want to know Gates stat line? 1 target, 0 catches. That 1 target? Intercepted by the Pats. And don't bother with saying he was injured, because he didn't aggravate his injury until the 4th quarter.

Now, I don't know about you, but I would say Gates is a hell of a lot better as a receiver than Witten. Witten is more well-rounded, but Gates is far superior downfield.

You mention that Ware can line up anywhere. Of course he can. He'll have to get by Matt Light, Nate Solder/Sebastian Vollmer (should he be healthy enough to go) and a little guy by the name of Rob Gronkowski. Guess what neutralizes Ware moving around pre-snap? Having one of the best blocking TEs in the game motion over to his side to help give him a big hit before going out for a pass. With Hernandez back, the Pats might keep Gronkowski in for more blocking anyway. Do you really think Ware will be able to outsmart Brady pre-snap? Good luck with that.

Like I said, the role players will need to step up. Not saying they can't, but it wont be as easy as you suggest. Pats D isn't as bad as most people think (though they aren't great)

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by Balco10 View Post
    PATS worst D in the league.
    Nonsense. This is the kind of thinking that will come back to bite you in the ass, because its not even close to true.

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I heard today on Cowherd that the last 10 Dallas games have been decided by 4 pts or less so even though I was already on the 7 I decided to add onto to it. I think the ML is definitely worth a look but with the roll NE is on nothing more than a small play for me if I take it.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1938

Cowboys do have a better defense because of Rob Ryan.
    This is a hard game to cap.

billysink

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    This should be entertaining.

Mayo is not the best coverage LB, Gary Guyton (his replacement) is. He and Pat Chung shared coverage against Antonio Gates earlier this year... want to know Gates stat line? 1 target, 0 catches. That 1 target? Intercepted by the Pats. And don't bother with saying he was injured, because he didn't aggravate his injury until the 4th quarter.

Now, I don't know about you, but I would say Gates is a hell of a lot better as a receiver than Witten. Witten is more well-rounded, but Gates is far superior downfield.

You mention that Ware can line up anywhere. Of course he can. He'll have to get by Matt Light, Nate Solder/Sebastian Vollmer (should he be healthy enough to go) and a little guy by the name of Rob Gronkowski. Guess what neutralizes Ware moving around pre-snap? Having one of the best blocking TEs in the game motion over to his side to help give him a big hit before going out for a pass. With Hernandez back, the Pats might keep Gronkowski in for more blocking anyway. Do you really think Ware will be able to outsmart Brady pre-snap? Good luck with that.

Like I said, the role players will need to step up. Not saying they can't, but it wont be as easy as you suggest. Pats D isn't as bad as most people think (though they aren't great)
    You would compare Antonio Gates who was playing as an amputee (for over a year now) in that contest and hasn't been able to play at all since, to a healthy Witten.

Mayo is equal or better in coverage than Guyton and is a far superior tackler. Guyton is a backup/situational player on a crap defence.

You had better roll Chung over to help or you are dead in the water against Witten.

Why do you suppose this line moved off the key # 7 to 6.5?

rsnnh12

You would compare Antonio Gates who was playing as an amputee (for over a year now) in that contest and hasn't been able to play at all since, to a healthy Witten.

Mayo is equal or better in coverage than Guyton and is a far superior tackler. Guyton is a backup/situational player on a crap defence.

You had better roll Chung over to help or you are dead in the water against Witten.

Why do you suppose this line moved off the key # 7 to 6.5?
    You would ignore the fact that Gates was healthy until the 4th quarter and that he was healthy enough in week 1 to catch 8 balls for 74 yards but because the Pats shut him down, he must've been hurt, right? Ridiculous.

Guyton is damn close to Mayo in coverage, if not better. I said Chung would be helping contain Witten, so I'm not sure why you're saying they'd better use him as if it strengthens your argument?

I don't give a shit why the line moved. I never said the Cowboys wont cover... they very well could. But winning outright is a whole other story. That's why I said the only play for me (until props are released) would be Pats ML.

billysink

Gates has been crippled for almost 2 years.

Here's a link to support your argument on how well Guyton covered Gates. He was inactive that week and did not play.

http://www.nfl.com/inactives?week=2

Like I queried earlier. Do you even watch football?

rsnnh12

Gates has been crippled for almost 2 years.

Here's a link to support your argument on how well Guyton covered Gates. He was inactive that week and did not play.

http://www.nfl.com/inactives?week=2

Like I queried earlier. Do you even watch football?

My apologies. Brain fart on my end. Just to be clear, Mayo didn't cover Gates either, and Guyton is still their best cover LB. It was entirely on Chung to cover Gates, and Sergio Brown and Ihedigbo helped with coverage, including when Chung got hurt for a bit.

So you think Witten will succeed against Chung when a pretty healthy Gates couldn't, and with Guyton playing as well? You haven't addressed Gates being healthy enough to catch 8 passes for 74 yards in week 1, nor the fact that their own trainers said the scar tissue didn't tear until the 4th quarter against the Pats

Funny how you dropped your Ware argument as well

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Forget about the spread, play the over. Both teams will get into the 30's. If you play the spread/ML, go with the better QB.

billysink

No I did not drop my Ware argument I would gladly take it up with someone who watches football and is not prone to making shit up on the occasional "brain fart". Telling me that a guy did a stud cover job on a crippled tight end while he was inactive with a bum hamstring is just some made up shit.

Enjoy the game.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Love the Cowboys this game

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

+7 maybe.

ML? Sure, leave it to No Coin to take the "sharp" ML play and bet against a qb that hasn't lost at home in the reg season in 5 years!

billysink

ML is a stretch but 7 is worth a good look if you can get it at your book.

rsnnh12

No I did not drop my Ware argument I would gladly take it up with someone who watches football and is not prone to making shit up on the occasional "brain fart". Telling me that a guy did a stud cover job on a crippled tight end while he was inactive with a bum hamstring is just some made up shit.

Enjoy the game.

Sorry, didn't realize you were the resident football God. The fact that you think Mayo is a better cover LB than Guyton shows you have no clue what you're talking about. I said Chung and Guyton did a great job, which was wrong in that it was only Chung. Adding the best cover LB will somehow make them worse against Witten?

Speaking of making shit up... you keep saying Gates was crippled, and yet he wasn't injured until the 4th quarter. Talk about being a hypocrite... at least I admitted when I was mistaken.

Let me know when you decide to man up and actually address the issue, rather than hiding behind your "I actually watch football and you don't" BS excuse.
    Last edited by rsnnh12; 10-14-11 at 06:19 PM.

billysink

Not a football God by any stretch. I call bullshit when I see it is all.

A little help for you. Guyton will probably spend most of his time this week playing in the middle on a base 4/3 package. As they did with him last time Mayo was out (2009) they did not employ much 3/4 as they do on occasion with Mayo in. Mike Wright is no longer and Fat Albert is allergic to that alignment so take that out of the equation.

Just how much cover will he be responsible for as a middle in the 4/3 as an every down player. Chung on the other hand is going to be a very busy man.

As far as Gates goes he has had Plantar fasciitus for the last year and a half and has rarely practiced in that time, played no pre season and aggravated it against New England. The guy has great hands, runs great routes etc. etc. When he was healthy he was a stud. He is a ghost of himself and has been for a while. I am sorry you missed that. Covering him in the last year or so is just no great feat for anyone. Not your guy who was not even in the game, Patrick Chung or the man in the moon.

Here is what Belichek says about Witten

—One player the Patriots' defense really must key on is TE Jason Witten, who head coach Bill Belichick called "one of the best in the game."

Witten has 27 catches for 366 yards and one touchdown this season.

"He's outstanding," Belichick said. "He's really a guy you have to be aware of all the time. I think the big thing that separates Witten from a lot of tight ends is his blocking ability. He's a hard guy to tackle. He's a guy that can pick up the tough yardage over the middle. He's one of the best tight ends in the league, no question about it."

Here is the matchup report

Patriots S Patrick Chung vs. Cowboys TE Jason Witten. Chung is always in the position where he must make a dent against an opposing tight end, and Witten is as good as it gets. This will be tough test for Chung. Witten is dangerous over the middle and even more dangerous in the red zone. His ability to get open makes Tony Romo that much more dangerous.

Now I am not seeing a whole lot about Guyton in there but I am certainly hoping the oddsmakers have not over reacted to Mayo being out.
    Hell they had Guyton all this time.

Jerod Mayo > Gary Guyton
    Jason Witten> an injured Antonio Gates.

Glad I could help.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29090

LOVE cowboys this sunday...

brewcrew2k
    !
    brewcrew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11895

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    LOVE cowboys this sunday...
    Are you guys serious, wake the hell up!! The cowboys are zeros. Romo is not good, offensive line is not good, they are playing outside on grass, in new England! Brady is gonna have a field day on that defense. Don't try to be slick and overthink it. Go where the money is patriots -6.5. Did we all forget the patriots are a pretty good team.

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

I like the Cowboys +7 and ML but don't have the balls to play either or. The Pats can very well blow this Cowboys team out and its not worth sweating it out.

Fukk the Cowgirls

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dallas has great run defense and a high powered (if somewhat inconsistent) offense. Their achilles heel has been giving up the big plays. Playing against NE, who doesn't really run that much (because of Brady's ability to create big plays...), it's not a great matchup for the Cowboys. I make this line to be NE -9.5 and would probably be more interested in NE -6.5 if it appears than any bet on the Cowboys.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 10-14-11 at 09:41 PM.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7738

I like dal +7 as well but I just can't trust romo.

12 Last