Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Anyone else think the new NFL rules are stupid

The new kickoff rule and the review every scoring play are rule are both so stupid. Touchbacks are awesome who the **** came up with this idea. And the review every scoring play is absolutley absurd lets needlessly slow down the game to review plays that are obvious to everyone. Sorry for the rant but these two rules are bullshit and make the game worse.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ttwarrior1

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

Quote Originally Posted by Stocks View Post
    The new kickoff rule and the review every scoring play are rule are both so stupid. Touchbacks are awesome who the **** came up with this idea. And the review every scoring play is absolutley absurd lets needlessly slow down the game to review plays that are obvious to everyone. Sorry for the rant but these two rules are bullshit and make the game worse.
    Gotta say the kickoffs haven't bothered me as much as I thought. Guys running it out from deep, and lots of return TDs.

The new review rules are retarded. They are screwing up more than ever. They should just give each coach 3 challenges per game. They can challenge anything. Penalties, anything. So tired of seeing teams screwed because something is not challengeable. Just dumb. The head official is the one looking under the hood, let him check it out on video and decide.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

the only thing about the new kickoff rule that bugs me is that they will come back from commercial in time to see the touchback, then have ANOTHER commercial before the game is started up. To me they need to eliminate that crap

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

the rules seem designed for more commercials.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Fukking Goodell did it because he wants to show my tv commercials, more tv timeouts

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

A lot of return TD's from deep in the end zone the first 4 weeks. I'm not a huge fan of the new rule, but I thought it would be worse.

Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Ya I never realy thought of it like that but I guess the main reason is more commercials.

It's like when the big networks took over Nascar 15 or so years back. Before that there wasn't as many commercials in general but most would be when the caution came out and they would go to commercial but now it's like every 5 minutes no matter what plus the cautions which are longer and more of them.

While we're on this subject who really watches the commercials anyway most people will flick it over to another game. It would be better for advertisers if they would keep the commercial time to 1 minute because then more people would actually watch and not change channels. A couple years ago one of the discovery channels did this and I think the first season of fringe was the same thing and you could'nt change channels because you would end up missing stuff so I ended up sitting through and watching the commercials most times.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Ya I never realy thought of it like that but I guess the main reason is more commercials. It's like when the big networks took over Nascar 15 or so years back. Before that there wasn't as many commercials in general but most would be when the caution came out and they would go to commercial but now it's like every 5 minutes no matter what plus the cautions which are longer and more of them. While we're on this subject who really watches the commercials anyway most people will flick it over to another game. It would be better for advertisers if they would keep the commercial time to 1 minute because then more people would actually watch and not change channels. A couple years ago one of the discovery channels did this and I think the first season of fringe was the same thing and you could'nt change channels because you would end up missing stuff so I ended up sitting through and watching the commercials most times.
    Good Idea!! i fukking hate commercials with a passion

GGZOLA
    GGZOLA's Avatar Become A Pro!

cant stand to watch those stupid kickoffs, and those stupid-arse touchbacks/kicks out of reach so return man cant even attempt a return.
    Have no clue why they would make such a stupid rule.
    Kick after kick goes beyond the end zone, start at 20, how fun is that? Ever watch paint dry?

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Love it, from a gamblers point view. That's 7 free points you don't have to worry about a sh1tty team getting, or screwing your over/under pick.