uup115
    uup115's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3146

Vick, 0 TD and 1 Int(red zone)...when Vick beats a good team let me know....it will be a first in his carrier.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Vick is and always will be one of the most overrated qb's in the game. Guy is a running back first of all. Look at his stats and his qb rating its average at best. The guy is a great athlete i will give him that. But turns the ball over way to much. Is not accurate at all look at his passing percentage. Last season was his best season then he choked vs the Packers in the playoffs. Fits in perfect in Philly considering they have never won a super bowl. With Vick as QB that streak will live on.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

have you not watched him since he came back to the nfl? 100% qb rating last yr and 88% this year... the guy has given his team the lead in 7 of 8 games this yr.... you cannot blame him for the defense sucking balls

his 20 games as eagles starting qb have been better then anyone else not named rodgers or brady in that same timespan

uup115

Eagles are 3-7 in last 10 games Vick has played. 16 turnovers and only 13 tds...how many in the red zone? Countless bad decisions. Never looks over defensive sets after a bad series. Limited audible options because of limited "ability". Has to call too many time outs because of limited control of system. Same problems as in Atlanta but now with better coach and better surrounding talent...the common denominator for his suck, is Vick himself.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

What other options did they have/do they have?

Kolb?
    McNabb?
    Young?

Vick is the best option....Sure Vick is overrated but he's better then half the QBs in the league...

uup115

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    Sure Vick is overrated but he's better then half the QBs in the league...
    he is the great equalizer...put him on a talented team and subtract 4 wins...put him with garbage add 3 wins....my question is ...why pay him that kind of money and set the process back 5 years?

dlunc3

that is absolutely false though.... the only game he could have won that he had control over this yr was last week vs chicago... the other four losses, their was no more he could have done

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by uup115 View Post
    Eagles are 3-7 in last 10 games Vick has played. 16 turnovers and only 13 tds...how many in the red zone? Countless bad decisions. Never looks over defensive sets after a bad series. Limited audible options because of limited "ability". Has to call too many time outs because of limited control of system. Same problems as in Atlanta but now with better coach and better surrounding talent...the common denominator for his suck, is Vick himself.
    Exactly right. Everyone goes nuts over him because that unbelievable stretch he had for about 8 games last year, since then he has been average at best.

uup115

*Update*
    Eagles are 3-8 in last 11 games Vick has played. 19 turnovers and only 13 tds...how many in the red zone? Countless bad decisions. Never looks over defensive sets after a bad series. Limited audible options because of limited "ability". Has to call too many time outs because of limited control of system. Same problems as in Atlanta but now with better coach and better surrounding talent...the common denominator for his suck, is Vick himself.
    Last edited by uup115; 11-13-11 at 06:12 PM.

uup115

And now the Eagles are going across country and laying points on a short week...wtf?

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

the personnel is NOT the probelem in philly.....

the problem in philly is the COACHING.... why?... because...

1) passing the ball 40 times when you have lesean mccoy and a scrambling qb is stupid as hell. reid does not understand the basic fundamental concept in operating an effective offense... you have to mix in short plays on a regular basis including use of tight ends and running backs

2) aside from the obvious offensive playcalling flaws, theyve got a defensive co-ordinator who doesnt know A THING about defense. he gets no pressure to the qb, then he plays zone (while getting no pressure to the qb) ... and he uses some of the best man on man defenders in zone schemes all year long (nnamdi)

its really all coaching in philly. coaching changes will bring them back to where they should be, like it did in san fran.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

When you're down 4 td's in the 2nd half you're forced to throw. And they have been using their TE lately. I love how guys sitting on their couches drinking beer think they know more about offensive concepts than the longest tenured coach in the NFL...

You can blame the coach & the defense & the kicker & the punter & the defensive coordinator all you want but if the offense could actually add to their lead in the 4th Q instead of pulling a LeBron they would have @ least 2-3 more wins. This team can't score in the 4th Q & that is their biggest problem & is directly the reason why they are 4-7 instead of 7-4.

dontbuythehook
    dontbuythehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is it that hard to just say that Philly isn't that good? This is the NFL people teams have to go on downswings in order to let shittier teams have their time in the spotlight

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

anyone else have a sneaky feeling when all the preseason "dream team" talk esp. from players started they were destined to fall flat on their faces this year? As soon as that crap came across espn I half joking/half serious said watch Vick take a step backwards and they go 8-8....dream team psssh get the f.uck outta here with that $hit, no such thing in the nfl

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

i think they were destined to fail when they brought vick in, I also posted that when they originally signed him. im just curious if anyone who was rooting for vick actually watched him play in atlanta?

Especially Reid and the eagles front office, you would have to figure they never watched his play in atlanta or there is no way hell they would have brought him in. I guess if they wanted a 50/50 QB, they got it.

uup115

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    is vick a leader? i dunno .... neither was mcnabb and they had success
    most of the people that came to the eagles wanted to play with vick.

slackness? what does that even mean? wat does that have to do with vick?
    a team is a reflection of their coach, not their QB
    u think the players on the 49ers are saying alex smith is my leader??? hahaha
    if you do not understand what i meant by "Vick's slackness" by now then i cannot help you...it is not a coincidence that Vick is the leader of a sloppy team with 4 wins and 29 turnovers...

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

if you do not understand what i meant by "Vick's slackness" by now then i cannot help you...it is not a coincidence that Vick is the leader of a sloppy team with 4 wins and 29 turnovers...
    no i do not understand what u mean by "vicks slackness"
    go ahead and define it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Turnovers killed Phila this year and of course bad play calling

Vick also is not a pocket passer, use him right

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    The guy is not a leader. He can't make his team mates play for him. These are the same leadership skills he was lacking when he was with the Falcons.

Andy Reid is going to be finished at the end of the season and the new coach will most likely won't want to work with a loser like Vick.
    Yes; exactly.
    A monumnetal blunder.
    Your QB has to be a LEADER and possess character and credibility with the whole team.
    Vick worked hard and kept his mouth shut when he had to...THEN Vick got his $ 100M and now is a dog. Pardon the expression.
    To boot, you cannot win long term with a running QB in the NFL, they have great upside but get hurt too often, then they get tentative and become ineffective since they are not true pocket QB's.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Title of this thread should have been: Did Reid Dig His Own Grave The Day He Hired Juan Castillo To Run His Defense?

uup115

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    no i do not understand what u mean by "vicks slackness"
    go ahead and define it.
    sloppy ball-handling, poor leader/quitter: slackness defined.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

vick is too small, he gets hurt every year. this is not college football, you need to be bigger

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

sloppy ball-handling, poor leader/quitter: slackness defined.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Jim Johnson (the late great defensive coordinator) was obviously responsible for even more of the Birds' success over the years than he got credit for.

I think even moreso than Castillo, Mornhinweg is a problem. Dude always overthinks and does "what they'll never expect" like stupid bootleg playactions that take an eternity to develop on 4th and 1. Going for the home run every down only works on madden.

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

I have watched every down. Turnovers are first and foremost why this team sucks. 2nd is defense. I know Jason Babin gets a lot of sacks. But he CAN NOT play run defense. He does not set the edge and push flow inside. He does not play outside in and gets sucked in. Letting the rb get to the edge and gash them. Also the scheme sucks. With a wide 9 u need linebackers , which the eagles do not have. This season is over hopefully they don't have another blunder with the decent draft pick they will get after this season. Andy reid needs to go but they will need to be 6-10 , 5-11 in order for him to be fired. 8-8 he will be back.

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Turnovers killed Phila this year and of course bad play calling

Vick also is not a pocket passer, use him right
    They can't really use him right considering they don't have anyone else worthy of starting and they paid him big money to be a starter not a backup...

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

they gotta shake it up. reid out. vick stay 1 or 2 more seasons. deshawn gone. no one else even matters. vick has turned eagles into dogs. if they are favs @ MIA lets cash the fade ticket.

testertips
    testertips's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

it's not vick's fault the eagles are shit. there has been many games vick has put them in the lead going into the 4th where the eagles blow the lead.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

The Eagles main problems are...

D-Coordinator
    Wide-9
    Tackling
    Linebackers
    Desean Jackson
    The next Barry Sanders (McCoy)

Vick puts points on the board, can't blame him...

LUCKYCHUCK
    LUCKYCHUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29057

andy reid dug his own grave when he promoted his offense line coach to defensive coordinator. what is that?

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    The Eagles main problems are...

D-Coordinator
    Wide-9
    Tackling
    Linebackers
    Desean Jackson
    The next Barry Sanders (McCoy)

Vick puts points on the board, can't blame him...
    Did you just say mccoy is a problem?

First ... 2345