Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Giants. Magic gone?

Remember the NY Giants dedicating the Super Bowl win to a war hero in a wheel chair? A guy without legs inspired them and helped them to come together. United in this way the Giants made one of the most unlikely runs to the championships.

Then Plaxico shoots himself in the leg. And the Giants start falling apart, dropping easy TD passes, etc. As crazy as this may sound, did Plaxico's stupidity shatter the NYG's ability to come together around a hero without legs in a wheel chair? Every time they focus on this guy now they automatically think of Plaxico. Magic gone.

guru-t
    guru-t's Avatar Become A Pro!

No way!!!They'll prove it against the Panthers!

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

I'm not going into the technical aspects of the game (and the question what happened to earth/wind/fire). Just the psychological. This was their sacred image. Desecrated by Plaxico. The guy lost his legs in service to his country, and Plaxico almost shoots off his own leg.

I know it sounds crazy. But athletes are known to be a superstitious bunch, and this one is way beyond superstition.

I may be wrong, but if I'm not, then the heart was torn out of this team.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 12-18-08 at 05:38 PM.

guru-t
    guru-t's Avatar Become A Pro!

But the guy you speak of lost his defending the country.Plax did it as pure stupidity.I think they'll rally around the fact that nobody thinks that they can do it without Plaxico.Not having Jacobs has been the big deal.IMO,Jacobs means way more to the G-Men than Plaxico.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Quote Originally Posted by guru-t View Post
    But the guy you speak of lost his defending the country. Plax did it as pure stupidity.
    Exactly. That is precisely the problem. The associative power of the mind will make it almost impossible to keep the two images separate. The 'stupidity' will blend into the 'sacred', whether they like it or not.

Anyway, don't want to make too much of this. But I will be fading the Giants until they prove they still have it.