Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

ESPN Should Fire Whoever Made the MNF Schedule

I can't remember a year where the Monday Night Football schedule was this weak. We've already had a bad matchup in Raiders/Broncoes, and now they give us Rams/Giants. Nobody cares about the god damn Broncoes or Rams. Look what else we get to look forward to.

Oct 4: Indi @ Tampa
    Oct 17: Miami @ NYJ
    Oct 24: Baltimore @ Jacksonville
    Oct 31: SD @ KC
    Nov 14: Minnesota @ GB
    Nov 21: KC @ NE
    Dec 5: SD @ Jacksonville
    Dec 12: St. Louis @ Seattle
    Dec 19: Pit @ SF

None of these games are intriguing, and most should be one-sided. Why the heck is Jacksonville getting 2 Monday Night games? Jacksonville gets more Monday Night games than New England or Dallas. KC also has 2 Monday Night games. Ask anyone coming into this year and we all knew they were going to have a down year. Where are the intriguing matchups? C'mon ESPN, your blowing it. I'm just trying to watch good football to start the week to make the week easier.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

stl vs seattle will not even be a big deal in Washington.

Speedy88

People in the state of Washington are more focused on bringing the Sonics back than the Seahawks or Mariners.

jbatcha21
    jbatcha21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

It's not ESPN's fault. The new Monday Night matchup is the Sunday night game on NBC. NBC gets the best game now it doesn't go to MNF. The NFL gives straight shit games for MNF.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by jbatcha21 View Post
    It's not ESPN's fault. The new Monday Night matchup is the Sunday night game on NBC. NBC gets the best game now it doesn't go to MNF. The NFL gives straight shit games for MNF.
    I don't know how the scheduling works. But couldn't MNF choose whatever Sunday Night Football leaves them? There has to be better options than Baltimore at Jacksonville and St Louis at Seattle.

Like, is MNF trying to get low ratings this year? The schedule is sickening.

jbatcha21
    jbatcha21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

I'm pretty sure they don't get a choice. They get shitty games because ESPN isn't one of the standard channels (CBS, FOX, NBC) that everyone gets.

Speedy88

I'm pretty sure they don't get a choice. They get shitty games because ESPN isn't one of the standard channels (CBS, FOX, NBC) that everyone gets.
    Well by the looks of the schedule, I'll probably be more awake at work Tuesday morning, seeing that I'll probably be going to bed early on Monday's now.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Sheesh, that is f'n brutal. Not TOO bad, though. Some good division Rivalry games in there.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

This is correct. NBC gets good match ups for Sunday night. ESPN gets poor match ups for Monday night. It used to be the other way. ABC would get the good match ups on Monday and ESPN would get the leftovers on Sunday night. Cable doesn't get the ratings that the broadcast networks can deliver.