brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by mstone897 View Post
    If I had to pick I take the Saints. Saints are coming off extra rest entering their home opener and could really use a win. I'm not even sure if I'll play it. Just shocked with Bull's reasoning on the Bears mainly. He started with comparing it to the 2006 NFC championship and now is naming off past Bear's wins. I'd rather him just tell me straight up "I'm homering this hard, I take the Bear's every week no matter what" I would trust that more than a reference to a game 5 years ago.

the falcons offense is much more impressive to me than the saints offense, the falcons have a great running game and 2 excellent receivers (julio jones and white) while the saints don't have their main big target in colston and struggled terribly to run the ball all game against the packers and really all season last year

the falcons managed 13 points in week 1 and only 6 of that was offensive points (7 was on a flukey return INT). How can so many people here predict the saints to drop 30-40 points against a defense that will likely only give up 13-16 points a game this year????

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post

shhhhh, let these clowns remain ignorant

the bears are gonna be a GREAT ats team this year
    Maybe, but this is the wrong spot for the Bears. Be patient, they'll be better opportunities for the Bears.

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

The Superdome doesnt use Astro Turf.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

regardless of what they use, as long as there isn't a blizzard and the ground isn't slippery, the Bears defense will be fine.

The fact that they're in a dome should not matter

the only game last year where the Bears got blown out was against the Patriots, and it was during a blizzard...ground was covered with snow, terrible conditions for that defense

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    Maybe, but this is the wrong spot for the Bears. Be patient, they'll be better opportunities for the Bears.
    Wrong spot getting 7? Might be the only time they get that much all year. Best spot is now before the line catches up to reality that the Bears are one of the elite. Personally think the Bears are a better team than the Saints and GB and Chi are the best 2 teams in the NFL. This game should be lined 3 maybe 3.5.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Like Week 3 when they'll probably catch +3.5 at home vs. Packers?

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    regardless of what they use, as long as there isn't a blizzard and the ground isn't slippery, the Bears defense will be fine.

The fact that they're in a dome should not matter

the only game last year where the Bears got blown out was against the Patriots, and it was during a blizzard...ground was covered with snow, terrible conditions for that defense
    Go Bulls ...Thinking about ordering an Omer Asik Jersey or a Kurt Thomas one ....

As for your bet ... Best of luck ... im not playing this game .. think there are better oppertunities out there

brahmabull117

none of the stuff you guys talk about really means anything in sports. Just because they have 3 extra days to prepare for the bears doesn't mean that they're somehow gonna come up with a pass rush or a running game (both of which were nonexistent in week 1). And just because they're at home after a loss doesn't mean they're gonna play with a whole lot more intensity than the bears (who already play with more effort than any other team in football)

the bears had the same record as the saints last year, actually beat a team in the playoffs that the saints lost to and looked 50 times more impressive in week 1 than the saints did

furthermore, the bears were 6-2 on the road last year and they even played a very tough close game against the packers when it meant everything to the packers and nothing to the bears in week 17

I just don't understand how anybody can claim, that on a neutral field, this is anything except a neutral matchup (If anything I would argue the bears are better because they have almost everybody healthy while the saints are missing 2 of their most important playmakers). So are you gonna tell me homefield advantage means that the saints are gonna win by more than a touchdown against a team that's playing better than they are??

Matt1144
    Matt1144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2854

I like +7 here for the Bears, I think they cover. Tease it to +14 and I LOVE it.

Bears are always discredited but their D is as good as always. They held the Falcons offense to 12 points week 1. NO has Colston out and their running game will be stopped by the Bears. O line is the only thing I worry about. I'm a Bears fan personally so I follow them close. The O line has struggled keeping Cutler from getting sacked (sacked 5 times against ATL). If they can play well and give Cutler time this offense will pick up too. The Bears' first game was a good display of how the season will go. Good, strong, gritty D (I said Urlacher will have a good year), regenerated offense, and killer special teams as always make for a killer combo.

Home field and NO being 0-1 with their backs against the wall calls for -7 in their favor but I still like Bears covering or maybe, just maybe, winning SU.

On a side note, I have Forte, NO D, and a few NO players (Sproles, Graham, Thomas) on my FF team and this week counts as our first. Should be a hell of a game.

goldengreek
    goldengreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3939

no doubt about it

going back to week 7 last season, the bears are 9-2 their last 11 games and they played a close game against the packers twice (in playoffs and week 17 when the game was irrelevant). I personally handicapped this line at a 1 or 2 point favorite for the saints and I can't believe they're 7 point favorites

I actually think the bears have a great chance to win straight up this week, but that 7 points is like an early christmas gift

Thunderstruck
    Thunderstruck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Tech N9ne View Post
    lol seriously brah?????

Taking jay cutlet over Drew brees is like taking brad penny over Roy halladay

Saints will put up a 40+ spot on bears
    Bears will be lucky if they score 20
    I don't mean to be a dick whatsoever but are you not the same guy who this week alone took the jets to win on Sunday night by a touchdown, said no way Cam Newton has a decent game and will get dominated, and claimed that the Broncos -3 was the play of the year for the NFL last night?

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90338

Was a great call

goldengreek
    goldengreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3939

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Was a great call

He is talking about this upcoming sunday

815Sox
    815Sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    Go with the under if you can get 48...dude, the books are BEGGING for Bears money this week. They are coming off a big win and have Green Bay the folowing week.
    People are always gone to pour cash on the Bears, but this week is going to be even more. People around here are totally convinced that this team is legit. They have tons of problems. Chiefly, NO OFFENSIVE LINE. Cutler got sacked FIVE times against the Falcons.

I am a Bears fan, this team is paper thin and has an aging defense that really struggles against the run. Bears are a wildcard candidate, but we still have no idea how good they are. They are an 8-12 win team and that is a big gap.

chantrain

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstruck View Post
    I don't mean to be a dick whatsoever but are you not the same guy who this week alone took the jets to win on Sunday night by a touchdown, said no way Cam Newton has a decent game and will get dominated, and claimed that the Broncos -3 was the play of the year for the NFL last night?
    oh snap

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by 815Sox View Post
    People are always gone to pour cash on the Bears, but this week is going to be even more. People around here are totally convinced that this team is legit. They have tons of problems. Chiefly, NO OFFENSIVE LINE. Cutler got sacked FIVE times against the Falcons. I am a Bears fan, this team is paper thin and has an aging defense that really struggles against the run. Bears are a wildcard candidate, but we still have no idea how good they are. They are an 8-12 win team and that is a big gap.

the bears offensive line didn't play bad, they gave up a few sacks but some of those were coverage sacks. But even despite those sacks, the bears were extremely efficient on offense

furthermore, the falcons have several excellent pass rushers... the saints have no pass rush without will smith. Offensively, this is a great matchup for the bears against the saints defense. And defense that struggles against the run?? are u fukking kidding me?

that was 1 game where the bears struggled to stop the run, are we forgetting last season where they completely dominated against the run all year?? Oh and the saints have no running game so it won't matter either

chantrain

we've been hearing about this "aging defense" of the Bears for so long...how did they look last week against the falcons, did they look aged to you? They weren't even winded by the Falcons no-huddle offense, and they don't even practice against the no-huddle offense. These guys aren't aged, they're EXPERIENCED. Big difference.

Urlacher, Peppers, Okoye/Melton...these guys are going to seek & destroy. And I especially like the addition of our new TE's that fit into the Martz system. Spaeth and Kellen Davis...good blockers...and Kellen Davis is a beast.

brahmabull117

oh and people talking about the offensive line of the bears

the saints had just 2 sacks last week and 1.5 of them were by safeties and linebackers (basically tells you that they have to blitz to get any pressure on the QB and that is a deadly recipe to get dominated through the air in modern day NFL). I mean yea the bears gave up 4 sacks last week but that was against a good defensive line of the falcons led by john abraham. The saints don't have anybody to get to the QB like abraham does

compare that to the bears who were able to get 4 sacks and a bunch of pressures pretty much all by defensive linemen and you can see the bears have a big advantage in that very crucial area.

I think you will see brees get very frustrated in this game because the bears will dominate the line of scrimmage, stop the run and get pressure with 4 guys and force brees to throw underneath for 3-4 yards over and over and over again until he makes mistakes (and he will, this is a guy who threw 20+ ints and fumbled the ball a bunch of times last year). Cutler will have a very respectable game through the air and forte should make a big impact as well

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

This line was -4 before the season started. What exactly changed in week 1 to warrant a 3 point increase in the line?
    Definitely value on CHI if you believe in them.

Personally taking a pass on this game. Need to see CHI repeat their success b/c I still think they are fraudulent and NO's defense is a mystery.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

the falcons offense is much more impressive to me than the saints offense, the falcons have a great running game and 2 excellent receivers (julio jones and white) while the saints don't have their main big target in colston and struggled terribly to run the ball all game against the packers and really all season last year

the falcons managed 13 points in week 1 and only 6 of that was offensive points (7 was on a flukey return INT). How can so many people here predict the saints to drop 30-40 points against a defense that will likely only give up 13-16 points a game this year????

brahmabull the Falcons offense is much more impressive than the Saints offense?????

I don't know about that comparison b/c you are comparing the Falcons offense on the road which SUCKS and the Saints offense at home which is even better than it is on the road.

Falcons and Saints both win this weekend.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

been studing talk here since Monday morning after spending 4 hours making & studying my lines. I had the line at -6 probably -7 which is what happened. I liked New Orleans then and still do after reading & listening to these threads as Chicago seems to be the worst pick of any.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by no1here View Post
    been studing talk here since Monday morning after spending 4 hours making & studying my lines. I had the line at -6 probably -7 which is what happened. I liked New Orleans then and still do after reading & listening to these threads as Chicago seems to be the worst pick of any.
    Chicago +7 is the worst pick of any? Colston is a big part of the Saints offense and their defense is much much worse than the Bears D. Cutler is shaky....their O-line is shaky but Chicago's D is rock solid. They held Rodgers to 14 points (7 on a GB pick-6) in the NFC Championship last year and Rodgers was as hot as any QB in playoff history. I still don't think the Bears make the playoffs this year but I see them being able to stop the Saints big plays and force them to drive the field with their cover-2. I see this being a tight game...lower scoring than expected.

Greyraptor
    Greyraptor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    we've been hearing about this "aging defense" of the Bears for so long...how did they look last week against the falcons, did they look aged to you? They weren't even winded by the Falcons no-huddle offense, and they don't even practice against the no-huddle offense. These guys aren't aged, they're EXPERIENCED. Big difference.

Urlacher, Peppers, Okoye/Melton...these guys are going to seek & destroy. And I especially like the addition of our new TE's that fit into the Martz system. Spaeth and Kellen Davis...good blockers...and Kellen Davis is a beast.
    The Bears "D" looked VERY impressive. The only reason Atlanta had an extra seven points was due to Atlanta's "D", so the Bears actually held Atlanta to fewer points than the scoreboard would indicate.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post

Like Week 3 when they'll probably catch +3.5 at home vs. Packers?
    Possibly, cover 2 scheme gives the Packers offense fits. That line would probably be a no play for me, I did take them last year in NFC Championship game though.

Urlacher may miss this game, at best he'll play but will be distracted!
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...unday-unclear/

chantrain

I wouldn't bet on Urlacher playing distracted. This "aging defense" knows their superbowl window is closing. These guys will beast all season.

chantrain

Brian Urlachers mother has passed away. He says he will play in Sundays game.

BradBiggs Brad Biggs
    #Bears announce that Brian Urlacher's mother Lavoyda has died.
    1 minute ago Favorite Retweet

kknoll
    kknoll's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually think the bears have a great chance to win. such a sick bet +7

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

i think +7 is a decent play. i give an edge to NO, but not a 7 pt edge. i think its more like 4 or 5. im playing a small play on chicago and im teasing chicago +14 and SD +15.5

Ice House

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Chicago +7 is the worst pick of any? Colston is a big part of the Saints offense and their defense is much much worse than the Bears D. Cutler is shaky....their O-line is shaky but Chicago's D is rock solid. They held Rodgers to 14 points (7 on a GB pick-6) in the NFC Championship last year and Rodgers was as hot as any QB in playoff history. I still don't think the Bears make the playoffs this year but I see them being able to stop the Saints big plays and force them to drive the field with their cover-2. I see this being a tight game...lower scoring than expected.

actually Henderson is the #1 receiver for the Saints now. Coltson is actually a big reason why the Saints are 0-1. You take away that fumble and that huge dropped ball and the Saints win.

brahmabull117

And I don't understand all this talk of the saints being gangbusters at home

they lost 3 home games last year, and out of their 5 wins, only 3 were decided by 7+ points

so in 8 home games last year, the saints either lost or played a very close game 5 times.

Ice House

you can't compare this Saints team to last years.... this Saints team is more like the Saints team that won the super bowl.

They had some problems last year but they picked all pro DT Sean Rodgers

SATERSTYLE
    FLAWLESS QUEEN BRITNEY
    SATERSTYLE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3291

I'm hearing that Urlacher isn't going to play on sunday? Anyone know why or if the line will move

chantrain

Quote Originally Posted by SATERSTYLE View Post
    I'm hearing that Urlacher isn't going to play on sunday? Anyone know why or if the line will move
    LM: Lavoyda Urlacher, the mother of #Bears middle linebacker Brian Urlacher, has passed away. Urlacher has been excused from the team.

LouCanellis Lou Canellis
    Brian Urlacher won't get back in time for practice today but is planning on being on practice field tomorrow
    1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

His status for Sunday is questionable but chances are that he will play

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    you can't compare this Saints team to last years.... this Saints team is more like the Saints team that won the super bowl. They had some problems last year but they picked all pro DT Sean Rodgers

the saints team that won the superbowl forced turnovers, had a decent pass rush and ran the ball

the saints did none of those in week 1

Matt1144
    Matt1144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2854

Tough loss for Urlacher, I know how that feels. I'm thinking he comes out ready and focused though. He's gonna murder someone Sunday.

First 123456 ... Last