DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

Has anyone else given up on fantasy fb?

I have tried it for several years and I just piss away $50. I decided after last year's last place finish that it would be my last attempt. I do well picking games, but I can't pick players for shit.

Footballtime
    Footballtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Its for entertainment man, I mean shit you are in a 50 dollar league, 17 weeks, so its basically costs you 3 dollars a week to be in a league, and your bitching??? Times must be tough man!

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11938

When I lived in penna. I was in one for about 7 years and enjoyed it but since the move to calif 12 years ago I find i don't miss it

RITZ
    RITZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12629

It's fun to play FF as I'm only in it now for a few years it's better than i thought it would be when I hated the NFL broadcasts scroll at the bottom of the screen with "Steve Smith has 2 catches for 9 yards",...who cares?,...apparently a lot of people!

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

TO be fair, if you aren't a fan of the sport or really give a shit about the NFL, then fantasy is a good thing. That said, I think fantasy football ruins the game, anyway. You stop watching the things that really matter - like the battles in the trenches. You're too busy hoping your guy breaks a big one or catches a big one. IMO, fantasy football is the antithesis of the NFL. I won't kill anyone for enjoying it, but that's sports in America - we grew up with baseball stats and names and Sportscenter. It's just, the NFL is not about players, but about teams. But if that's why you're watching the NFL, I about figure you're not enjoying it on as many levels as someone that doesn't.

It's a brutal game to punt, but fantasy requires more spreadsheet luck than actual football study... And also, where you go in the draft helps a lot. That's not my game.

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    That said, I think fantasy football ruins the game, anyway.
    The only time fantasy takes away from the game is when a player I have is playing against my team. But if you know how to cap games, you know how to exploit matchups and win consistently. It also helps to stay on top of all the transactions and know the rosters, which in turn helps with capping games. For me, fantasy football enhances Sundays, not takes away from it.

To each their own though.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Fantasy sports is only fun when you play in leagues against people you know....

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    Fantasy sports is only fun when you play in leagues against people you know....
    And/or when the prizes include 4 digits.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

I found that FF has helped my NFL capping, I pay a lot more attention and study injuries, team trends and schemes, matchups, more details league wide instead of a few teams much more than before.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9848

you need to read my fantasy football post, do mock drafts and learn, quit drafting favorite players or guys from your favorite teams.

Post your past teams

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

probably in the minority but i hate fantasy football with a passion. would much rather bet the games then be a fantasy gm.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    probably in the minority but i hate fantasy football with a passion.
    I'm with you. I think it's gayer than aids. Nothing worse than trying to watch a game and have some douche telling you how each play affected his fantasy matchup.

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

I usually end up cashing in 2 out of my 3 leagues. You are looking at football shit all day everyday its not hard to find good matchups.....

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    probably in the minority but i hate fantasy football with a passion. would much rather bet the games then be a fantasy gm.
    Luckily for some it isn't an either/or debate...you can do both! Like myself. I enjoy both FF and capping games, part of the greatness that is the NFL...couple those things in w/ your passion for your home squad on the weekly basis, you have A LOT to look forward too every weekend!

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

Quote Originally Posted by Footballtime View Post
    Its for entertainment man, I mean shit you are in a 50 dollar league, 17 weeks, so its basically costs you 3 dollars a week to be in a league, and your bitching??? Times must be tough man!
    Times actually aren't tough...but that doesn't mean I'm going to waste money on something that just ends up pissing me off. I appreciate your intelligent thoughts though....maybe if $50 is nothing you could send a little my way?.....it will only cost you 3 dollars a week

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

We've talked about it at work but we're all to lazy to make up the league

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

im done with the typical fantasy football setup. Ive been doing it for over a decade and its boring as hell. I love competition and more importantly I love the competition I am in to produce a true winner. So at the end the person who really was the best and knew the most wins. Normal fantasy football has too much luck involved.
    Last edited by brooks85; 08-22-11 at 11:22 AM.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4783

No. It keeps me in tune with the teams more. I play in three types of fantasy games, all money leagues. A football league, survival league and a propickem by spreads. Oh yeah, plus betting on football. I didn't know if you did one, you couldn't do the other.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

its too much time fro low returns

Many I guess like it though

brigade125
    brigade125's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 261

im done with fantansy ... i won twice in five years ... and also a commissioner for three years... i rather gamble every week and pick winners instead of going to the fantasy championship game and lose it there...who want to wait that long for money and might not get it...

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4783

Fantasy & Wager.

Is it really that hard to do both?

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes I think fantasy football is overrated. I would much rather just bet on games. So much more money to be made betting on games and that is where my interest is.