Dax
    Formerly known as the Linesman!
    Dax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

Philly Eagles pick up WR Steve Smith from the Giants...

One year deal for 2 Million Guaranteed!

That just seems insane how Andy Reid is just stocking up so aggressively; it looks like he's wants to win it this year...

Lets just hope that Smith is healthy enough to come back after his knee injury back in last Dec...

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Still some question marks for the Eagles. Steve Smith will he even play this season with that injury? Might take him awhile to get back to what he was with the Giants. And Jeremy Maclin still out with a undisclosed illness. That is a huge question mark for the Eagles.

allenlud23
    allenlud23's Avatar Become A Pro!

I bet he will be back by mid-season. I think Reid wanted to pick him up in case Maclin doesn't work out.

Dax

I wonder what the hell Maclin has... there's nothing about that anywhere... Smith might get in the mix by week 3 or 4, he said he was close to 100% and got the OK from Giants and Eagles Doc's...

Guess we're gonna have to wait and see what happens... all I know is the eagles will be VERY dangerous this season.

Maxmillion
    Maxmillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4400

does anyone know what is wrong with Maclin?

philswin
    philswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4640

They said he lost 15 pounds and had mono-like symptoms. He claims he put the weight back on. He has not practiced and went back to his home doctor in St Louis to be examined.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

TheDane
    TheDane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12808

Wonder if they still want Moss after this.

Dax

I hope Moss Does Come back!!! after all the ripping he's getting from Brad Childress I can only hope he comes back just to quiet that fukker!

stikymess
    stikymess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 63

Man these guys are turning into the Miami Heat of the NFL and we know how that worked out.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by stikymess View Post
    Man these guys are turning into the Miami Heat of the NFL and we know how that worked out.
    how did it turn out? They reached the NBA finals in their first year together. Dallas was completely outclassed in the finals, if Lebron James wasn't unstable, the series would have been over in 5 or 6 games. Dirk and Wade each showed up but Dirk just wanted it more than anyone else.

stikymess

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    how did it turn out? They reached the NBA finals in their first year together. Dallas was completely outclassed in the finals, if Lebron James wasn't unstable, the series would have been over in 5 or 6 games. Dirk and Wade each showed up but Dirk just wanted it more than anyone else.
    Well Goat, I don't think they built that team to "get" to the NBA finals. So at the end of the day the season was a failure IMO.

That's like saying the Patriots or Yanks play for second every year.

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

With the current economic state of the US - I think playing to win now is the smartest thing you can do

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    it WAS over in 6 games.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by stikymess View Post
    Well Goat, I don't think they built that team to "get" to the NBA finals. So at the end of the day the season was a failure IMO.

That's like saying the Patriots or Yanks play for second every year.
    if the yankees made it to the World Series, champagne would be flying everywhere. All of these teams know its a great accomplishment to make it to the finals.

FishFace5
    FishFace5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

This is disgusting....
    Giants freaken suck. How do you watch all the teams around you get better and you just do nothing.
    Gonna be a long year as a big blue fan

stikymess

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    if the yankees made it to the World Series, champagne would be flying everywhere. All of these teams know its a great accomplishment to make it to the finals.
    Got ya Glitch maybe Yanks a bad example.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good investment here for the Birds, Maclin's "ilness" that has him sidelined is a little worrysome to me. When healthy, Smith & Avant give the Eagles two fantastic slot WRs who will help roll the chains.