rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Shaun Ellis to sign with Patriots

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/68...gland-patriots

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ryan
    The fact that he chose them ... there's no way I'm going to wish him well. There's no chance of that.
    Stole Danny Woodhead last year and he gave the Jets headaches... will Ellis do the same?

I love seeing Rex pissed

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

the Jets should have paid him

now he will tell Jets secrets

rsnnh12

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Love the signing, especially for the vet min at $910K for one year.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

We'll see if he has anything left in tank. May not even make final roster. Fits Bill's m.o. of bringing guys in that play well against Pats. Welker was killing them as a Dolphin so he traded for him.

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

the jets owned the patriots last year in case any of u forgot

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    We'll see if he has anything left in tank. May not even make final roster. Fits Bill's m.o. of bringing guys in that play well against Pats. Welker was killing them as a Dolphin so he traded for him.
    I think he'll make it... other than Moore and Cunningham, we have no one really on the end. He might only play half the snaps, but I think he's got a solid year or 2 left. He's a great mentor for our young guys.

You're right, BB does love doing that. Just adds insult to injury for our rivals lol

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by jollyoscars View Post
    And? The Jets have gotten worse and the Pats have gotten better so far this offseason. Should be close games, but Pats have the edge now

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I'm not so sure the Jets have gotten worse. They made some decent WR signings...I think Plax will contribute and Mason still has a couple good years left IMO

rsnnh12

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    I'm not so sure the Jets have gotten worse. They made some decent WR signings...I think Plax will contribute and Mason still has a couple good years left IMO
    They signed Mason? Damn, I hadn't heard that.

I take that back, they really haven't done too bad this offseason. I thought they were screwed at WR

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

The Jets have shed some nice players, though. They are farther away this year than last. Baltimore also regressed with personel.

I wouldn't call a guy that's been away from the NFL for a couple years a 'good' signing. Also, Mason had, IMO, his worst year as a pro. I don't know what happened to his hands. A year or 2 prior, he caught everthing with a f'd up arm, so essentially with 1 proper arm, he was the man. We'll see. I think the world of the guy, but Mason isn't a 'big signing', I don't believe. Santonio was a decent re-sign. Is he elite? We don't know yet.

Shedding Braylon was smart, as well. I think losing Cotchery is a HUGE mistake for the Jets, though - he's as reliable as they come. It's hard believing in a receiving corps with a bottom 10 QB, probably bottom 5, or worse QB. Too many questions with the Jets offense to think they will get deep again. I don't see them getting better offensively, I see them possibly, pending on their RB situation, to get worse.

That said, the pats picking up Ellis is a no-risk move. They gave him a bit more than the Jets wanted to, and now they get better insight into the scheme for that 'little bit more'. He's a productive player and beyond 'some guy' at this point. To be honest, I'm shocked Ellis didnt get more. I know he's not what he COULD be, but you just don't know with players from year to year.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18wkhTJ06BE

pats 45-3 in case you forgot.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

And just in case you forgot, the patriots owned the jets before then. So is it possible that just because a team has had success against another team it doesn't necessarily guarantee the same results forever? I think so

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Jets taking a slight step back this year, depending on rookies and over the hill receivers, losing quality locker room guys and I can't see one area where they have improved themselves. Patriots returning every contributor just about from last year and adding lots of depth on D and some on offense. If someone would give me straight up Jets vs Pats for the division I would make a mighty large wager.