Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cincy +17.5 - who's with me?

17.5 points is alot to cover. cincy sux, but that bad?? i am betting on a 14-17 pt dallas victory. the .5 will cover..

who's with me??

Robust

nysmoneyman
    nysmoneyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

dallas 41 bengels 10

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is Palmer still out?

Dallas coming off a frustrating loss...

Robust
    Losing

Quote Originally Posted by nysmoneyman View Post
    dallas 41 bengels 10
    that bad, eh? i am looking at 35-20 if cincy shows up or 30-13 if they don't (dallas doesn't punish opponents, just takes and hold the victory. play safe and run out the clock).. either way.. cincy covers..

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

Depends fully on Palmer's condition to me...I would imagine he will be in but will wait. Cincy should be able to put up at least 20 on the Dallas D if Palmer is playing...

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Any stats about marginal teams that start 0-4? Isn't week 5 a letdown game where they don't cover? Not to mention the letdown of losing their starting QB? Bengals might be a good fade for a few weeks while they go into the tank. After they get to 0-9 or so, they might get some covers again as the 0-16 stigma possibility starts to set in.

hakrjak
    hakrjak's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Palmer plays, I think they have a shot of covering that.... Line will go down if news comes out that he's starting though, so I guess you have to gamble and lock in your bet tonight?

Robust
    Losing

in their public lines, they show cincy +17.5, but when i went to bet on them, the game is not available for betting!!

grrrrrrrrr!!

my one good find this month (well.. other than the ravens!), and i can't bet on it

Robust
    Last edited by Robust; 09-30-08 at 08:52 PM. Reason: spelling

hakrjak

Was thinking about teasing it up with NYG on the other end of a 6 pt teaser? I haven't hit a teaser all season though, so I'll probably stay away

hakrjak

Quote Originally Posted by Robust View Post
    in their public lines, they show cincy +17.5, but when i went to bet on them, the game is not available for betting!!

grrrrrrrrr!!

my one good find this month (well.. other than the ravens!), and i can't bet on it

Robust
    This reminds me of one of those huge spreads last year on the NE Pats, and I bet against them, to win by more than 18 pts or whatever, and I ended up losing. They won by 40+ pts.

- Hakrjak

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

We know that the Bengals can't stop the run, can't protect the passer, and can't run the ball. We know the Cowboys are very good, but 17.5 pts is a hell of a lot. No play for me.

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

The line is this high on the assumption that Palmer will not play. The chances of him suiting up are extremely low right now.

Anyways, this line is in 07 Pats territory, and the Cowboys aren't up to that billing. Like the Bengals.

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

As everyone else has said...if Palmer starts, +17.5 isn't necessarily a bad bet, but if Fitz gets the nod, this one could get real ugly

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Cincy ml +1000

Cowboys are a mess

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Way too many ****ing points here.

That being said, Bengals are disgusting.

EastsidaProduct
    EastsidaProduct's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 390

I know we're just betting and analyzing but the players see and hear what's going on...with that said I feel that the Cincinnati players are all feeling embarassed about this year thus far, that's why they are going to take account for all their mistakes and frustrations and put a hole in the Dallas' players...expect one hell of a game, they might not win the game but they will definitely not get blown away...bet on that.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by hakrjak View Post
    This reminds me of one of those huge spreads last year on the NE Pats, and I bet against them, to win by more than 18 pts or whatever, and I ended up losing. They won by 40+ pts.

- Hakrjak
    Haha - I think I had the Skins +16 and teased ANOTHER 10 points to +26 and the bet was dead in the 2nd quarter against NE last year. Hilarious.

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cinci blows, we know this. That being said; who are the cowboys to give 18 points to them. This isn't College ball; 18 points is a fools bet.

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

we should know friday if palmer is likely playing or not, if i had to guess right now id say he isnt but he did practice today, running plays only lol

jagermeister1
    jagermeister1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

i have a feeling he plays. if he does, they'll cover. but even if he doesn't, 17 points is a ton in the NFL. i already laid my wager on the Bengals. you gotta take 17 points, b/c after all, this Cowboys team is NOT the 07 Pats. Good team, just not that good.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Quote Originally Posted by Italia_NYC View Post
    Cinci blows, we know this. That being said; who are the cowboys to give 18 points to them. This isn't College ball; 18 points is a fools bet.
    well talent wise there the best team in the league at home playing the worst team in the league besides the rams

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by MJFtheGenius View Post
    well talent wise there the best team in the league at home playing the worst team in the league besides the rams
    If you really believe this, you should be betting on Dallas. Dallas has the most talent, as a team, in the league. But it takes more than simply a collection of talent to win games in the NFL.

I'm not sure I'd rank the Bengals in the bottom 5 as far as talent. Miami is very raw talent-wise and beat the Pats through sheer gameplanning, imagine that, a Belichick team getting outcoached. The Chiefs are also rebuilding, and I'd be hard-pressed to consider them superior to Cincy purely based on talent, Herm gets the most out of his players typically. Compare Detroit & Cincy, Detroit is inferior almost across the board except maybe a handful of positions. Even the Raiders, it's close, but for week 5 of 2008, I'd take Cincy talent-wise. In Cincy, talent isn't the question as much as team chemistry, attitude, cohesion, etc. There's too many thugs & crybabies running the show in Cincy, that's the problem, not to mention one of the worst front offices in the league which can only decay team cofidence.