bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leinart goes #10 to zona

AZ gotta steal with Matt Leinart with the #10 pick.

denny green does it again by taking the best player left on the board.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4687

That offense sure is shaping up to be a good one. How is their offensive line?

Didnt figure to see him fall to 10, but from 3 to 9 didnt really need a QB. So yes, Arizona got good value in that #10 pick.

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

Their line is horrific but this is still a great position for him. Talented receivers and a RB that is not allowed back in Indy and doesn't deserve to be named, but rather poisoned.

Leinart's only weakness is top notch arm strength. Arizona is the place besides a dome team where that will not show to be too big of a weakness at least right away.

Thats onle of the reasons people are so sour on Pennington is because with his lack of arm strength, playing in a cold city with wind sure doesn't help.

Now Leinart has skill talent around him but it will be all for nor unless they dramatically improve that line. Leinart will play early because Warner will get hurt early because of protection.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

TGO, what's with all the hate for the Edge? It wasn't his choice to leave Indy, was it? He did his job and never complained despite being tagged and previously underpaid. Polian squeezed every drop of value from James, and Zona is left with the husk. I don't blame James for the playcalling in the Pittsburgh loss. James should have been pounding that rock against a susceptible Pittsburgh run D.

TGO, I am afraid to ask, but what are your feelings towards Marshall Faulk?

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cardinals may leave behind their losing ways with the move to the new stadium.

Offensive line couldn't possibly be as bad as last year.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00
    TGO, what's with all the hate for the Edge? It wasn't his choice to leave Indy, was it? He did his job and never complained despite being tagged and previously underpaid. Polian squeezed every drop of value from James, and Zona is left with the husk. I don't blame James for the playcalling in the Pittsburgh loss. James should have been pounding that rock against a susceptible Pittsburgh run D.

TGO, I am afraid to ask, but what are your feelings towards Marshall Faulk?

It's more nerves than anything else.

For once, i just wish it could be about something more than the money. The fact of it is, Arizona is a place where running backs go to die. He had a good thing here. He knew this would be a competitive team. He's never going to win @Arizona. That team is still years away from getting to the playoffs. All they have is him and 2 receivers. Everyone else on their team sucks.

It was all about the $$. it's easy for me to say.

If I was a GM, I could easily get it done. We use him. Give him his log term deal he so desperately wants. backload the hell out of the contract, then cut him in about year 3 once we know we have a replacement in place.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Staying an extra year at USC cost Leinart about 15-20 million in guaranteed money.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    Staying an extra year at USC cost Leinart about 15-20 million in guaranteed money.

I always like when people stay like that though. Now, the way this played out, when this happens in the future maybe with a Rhett Bomar or whoever wins the USC job, they'll probably bolt.

We'll see ifs it's more beneficial for Brady quinn to stay another year. i say it is as he is clearly the #1 QB next year. The next one on the radar would be Chris Leak and his game doesn't translate that well especially since he's only 6 feet tall.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One
    It's more nerves than anything else.

For once, i just wish it could be about something more than the money. The fact of it is, Arizona is a place where running backs go to die. He had a good thing here. He knew this would be a competitive team. He's never going to win @Arizona. That team is still years away from getting to the playoffs. All they have is him and 2 receivers. Everyone else on their team sucks.

It was all about the $$. it's easy for me to say.

If I was a GM, I could easily get it done. We use him. Give him his log term deal he so desperately wants. backload the hell out of the contract, then cut him in about year 3 once we know we have a replacement in place.
    Polian made the same move he made with Marshall Faulk, IMO. Faulk went to St. Louis and maybe spent the most productive years of his career there. Edge has a some tread left on his tires, but I think his value is around the same as Emmitt Smith at the end of his career, around two years before he went to Zona. Lots of value in those legs, and maybe James will repeat Faulk's exploits in Zona. Time will tell.

They just interviewed Polian and a few things he said made me grind my teeth. Polian is counting college carries as "wear and tear" on a RB. Give me a break. Polian is way overvaluing tread wear on RBs. He got rid of Faulk way too early, and we'll soon know how much tread James has on those tires. My gut is starting to twinge that James might have a lot of spark left.

I know zero about Addai, besides what Polian just said about him. Polian picked a winner with James. As a Colts fan, "In Bill we trust." has to be my mantra. I don't have much less to go on. I see Razz is down on Addai, so I am quite conflicted. hahaha

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Arizona stoled Leinart. Cards offense will be awesome now. If they could
    play some run D they could be a worthwhile team.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Leinart is going to be terrible.

The Great One

Addai is a good pick. Just worries me that he is injury prone. I think we could have had a shot at him in the 2nd round to be honest. besides Lendale, has there been another RB picked and it's almost the Colts turn again.

I agree with you for the most part about Faulk and that other guy that is not allowed back in the city. Only a moron would think that when they left, they are at the tail end of their careers. he has another 3 years left on him at the very least. Thats why we should have given him a backloaded contract and just worry on stregthening our D. The truth of it we only have a window of a few years. Once Peyton is on his downside, alot of position will need huge upgrades as he makes alot of people look good.

Look at the O'line. Besides Glenn who is a 1st rounder, everyone else is a 4th rounder or worse. Alot of that is Howard Mudd, but also manning's pocket presence and quick release have something to do with it.

imgv94

I like what Green Bay has done. A.J Hawk and Charles Woodson on
    Defense. Got a good OT and WR from the draft.

The Great One

I think there are a handful of teams that have done well in this draft so far through acquring picks and different players. I like what the Jets and the Broncos have done to name a couple. Although, they should have taken Croyle over Clemens. I thought they'd do that earlier.

Thats how a GM saves his job. The Chargers did that a few years ago with LT in the first, then grab their QB(Brees) in the 2nd. LT and Ferguson look like safe choices when their is no "sure thing" quarterback available unless your last name is Manning.

imgv94

How did Maroney get picked over DeAngelo Williams??

imgv94

Also like what the Browns have done.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anybody wants to take a 10 to 1 bet (in my favor) that the Cardinals will be in the Superbowl in the next 7 years?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    How did Maroney get picked over DeAngelo Williams??

Belichick just wanted to piss us off in Indy because he knew the colts targeted maroney. I wasn't that high on maroney as he is justa product of the system and their awesome offensive line.

Marion barber III played there and did well with the same line. Not much of a pro. Maroneys back-up played great in his limited time there. I like deangeloover maroney too.

But, the panzies in New England intentionally just do that. They didn't have high picks but they've got the #2 RB and #2 receiver in the entire draft. All without a high pick.

slacker00

But, the panzies in New England intentionally just do that. They didn't have high picks but they've got the #2 RB and #2 receiver in the entire draft. All without a high pick.
    Makes me sick. Gotta give them credit though.

The Colts window of opportunity is slamming shut sooner than later. Last year was our best shot. This year is gonna take a Steeler-esque miracle for the Colts to get Lombardi. I don't think the Colts can go into New England or Pittsburgh in January, and going into Cincy or Denver in January doesn't interest me either. Indy needs the home field, but they've shown they can't protect it. That Steelers loss really was a major blow for this franchise. All of my money is going against Indy this season. I have no faith in this team.

imgv94

I would of loved the Colts chances with DeAngelo Williams. I think the Colts
    are just too much of a finesse team that is why they haven't won.

I know my Rams team were a finesse team as well but Kurt Warner was
    possessed those years!

slacker00

The Colts had a good power run game, but they left the tractor in the shed too much of the time. I guess they wanted to put the team's destiny more into Manning's hands. History shows that kind of plan doesn't win championships.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    I would of loved the Colts chances with DeAngelo Williams. I think the Colts
    are just too much of a finesse team that is why they haven't won.

I know my Rams team were a finesse team as well but Kurt Warner was
    possessed those years!

Why are they finesse? Because they put up huge numbers through the air. Except for that bull sh it game in the playoffs, the Colts pounded the ball alot, thats why manning's numbers were slightly down.

Or is it because they play in a dome? It seems you're a "tough" team as long as you play in cold weather.

The biggest change the Colts need is an actual head coach that can politely without pissing him off where manning holds a grudge because he will do that, tell him to do things slightly different. Audibles are great and we use them perfectly, but sometimes he needs to slow it down and understand he doesn't have to win every game by himself.

Of coure, when for your 7 out of 8 years you are in the NFL and you have one of the most horrific defenses in the NFL, I guess you'd get used to it.

The Colts got away from what was winning them every game lasy year when they played Pitt. Also, they need to get on the same page with blocking schemes against the 3-4 too. Teams that run that give them problems more times than not. (New England, Pitt. even Cleveland slowed them down awhile back.)

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Of coure, when for your 7 out of 8 years you are in the NFL and you have one of the most horrific defenses in the NFL, I guess you'd get used to it.

No, head about 400-500 miles west on I-64 for that.