VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

2011 NFL Draft Plays

Finally, the NFL Draft has arrived and it's time to make some good money. This is a great event to make some plays and up the bankroll. With a little research and light reading, you can really pick up some good info. Here are my plays for tonight, one biggie

Jake Locker (-120) picked before Mark Ingram (Top Play)

Locker will be the 3rd QB taken in to tonight's draft and the Minnesota Vikings are absolutely in love with this kid. He's the most NFL-ready QB in the draft and Minnesota can't afford to waste any time developing a QB for the future with Adrian Peterson in his prime. For the Vikings, it's time to win and win now. I can't see Locker going any lower than #12 and I think this is his spot. There are a few teams behind Minnesota that could use a QB, like Miami #15 and Jacksonville #16...but I don't see them passing on Kerrigan and Pouncey if still available. Ingram, on the other hand, is not a Top 20 pick and could very well slip all the way to late-first round with New England. There are too many offensive linemen that are first rounders this year and they'll be gobbled up before a middle-of-the-road running back. I'm playing this and playing with confidence!

Here are the other NFL Draft plays (1 unit ea):

Offensive players selected U13 (+110)
    QB's Selected First Round U3.5 (+250)
    Andy Dalton NOT Selected First Round (-160)
    Kerrigan (-185) Selected Before Bowers

I was also leaning Ponder selected before Mallet, but laid off. Mallet might have some personal issues, but he's one hell of a QB and someone might value that more than the squeeky-clean Ponder.

Goodluck everyone!
    Last edited by VegasInsider; 04-28-11 at 03:41 PM. Reason: typo

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

I really like the Locker prop. Also like the value in-
    AJ Green draft position over 4.5 +250

Its doubtful he goes 1-3 (Cam, Von Miller, and Dareus), and with Carson Palmer demanding out of Cinci, I could see them surprising people and getting a QB. They have a few passing weapons now, but with no one to throw to them, they're useless.

Also, Cameron Jordan drafted before Aldon Smith +170

Rumors that the Patriots are looking to trade with Dallas (#9 pick) to grab Jordan
    Last edited by rsnnh12; 04-28-11 at 03:35 PM.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

You're absolutely right rsnnh12, Cincinnati could very well pull a move and not take Green as everyone is expecting. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they bypass Green and take Gabbert and that's some decent value at +250 on a 50/50 decision in my opinion.

I've heard that Patriots rumor as well, which I love as a Pats fan. I've seen mock drafts with Jordan going anywhere from #8 to #16, so the Pats are probably making the right move if that's who the they want.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

andy dalton not drafted in first round +175 @ 5dimes? take a gander is that an error? -245 that he will be drafted in first round.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Yeah, I just checked the line again and it's +175 NOT drafted

Must be some late developments with teams, because the U3.5 QB taken first round is up to +325 now.

teaserpleaser

Teams falling in love with Dalton hes sharp, accurate passer, some mobility and makes good decisions best of all hes a winner

teaserpleaser

Jake Locker is the most nfl ready QB in the draft its your opinion but i watched that guy alot last season hes a right handed tim tebow his accuracy is crap his touch is crap i lost count of how many times he bulleted the ball to the rb. Best defense he faced nebraska 1st game 20% completions 4 of 20 2nd time around in the bowl he passed for 31% 5 of 16 ... Out of high school he was dual threat like tebow he seems to be a good guy like Tebow but Like Tebow doesnt have the best throwing motion... Im telling you kids not NFL ready you watch and see. Somebodys going to get a lemon worst case Tebow like developmental project best case.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    You're absolutely right rsnnh12, Cincinnati could very well pull a move and not take Green as everyone is expecting. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they bypass Green and take Gabbert and that's some decent value at +250 on a 50/50 decision in my opinion.

I've heard that Patriots rumor as well, which I love as a Pats fan. I've seen mock drafts with Jordan going anywhere from #8 to #16, so the Pats are probably making the right move if that's who the they want.
    Pats fan here too

Jordan could be a great player, would love to see them get him. Worth trading up, and Belichick will still somehow come out with more picks.

I also like Patrick Peterson drafted before AJ Green at +270. I could see someone trading up to get him, as he is generally considered the best player in the draft. If Cinci trades down, PP should be 4-5 at worst.

Also playing Cam over 1.5 at +800 small. I could see the Panthers trading that pick/picking someone else. Worth a small, small play at that price IMO

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Locker taken 4 picks early in a surprise...but it's a WINNER!

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Ponder ruins my U3.5 QB's taken, but Kerrigan taken well before Bowers. Just hoping Dalton isn't taken. Still might have a shot at U13 offensive players, could be a push tho

jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

itl be close, i had the qb bet and over 2.5 wr and te which i think i lost for sure

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Dodged a bullet there with Seattle not taking Dalton, but they took an OG that I didn't see going first round. 12 offensive players selected in the first round so far...and Baltimore just traded their pick (SHIT!). Hopefully just one more offensive player and I'll get a push.

Very surprised Baltimore isn't taking that CB from Colorado....he seemed like a perfect fit.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Ugh....14th offensive player selected after NE traded to NOR and they took Ingram.

Hopefully no Dalton!

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Looking good for no Dalton in the first round. Two underdog picks I took a shot on lost, 3-2 and up a bunch

azimm11
    azimm11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1757

super happy we hit the big Locker play, and you did well with the other selections too

chinoloco212
    chinoloco212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

locker is going to be a stud

the10man
    the10man's Avatar Become A Pro!

jake locker

at first mad he didnt go to vikings but ten is great fit for this kid A+

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I'm not a Bengals fan but the draft is setting up great for them....they got the best WR in the draft and either Dalton/Kaepernick (Nevada) will be available! I think there is a decent chance that either of those 2 QB's could be as good as any in the draft? Dalton & Ponder could probably pickup the NFL right away and Kaepernick is fast w/a cannon arm and can do the Mike Vick thing w/bootlegs....running all over the place, etc.....could be a beast if coached up correctly!

Cinquefoil
    Cinquefoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 59

My biggest bet on the draft was Julio Jones's draft position under 9.5 (-250). Which worked out well.

steve18
    steve18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

Profile on a USC Trojan NFL Draft prospect thought some of you might want to see:

http://www.cyinterview.com/2011/04/w...otball-future/

GoCougs!
    GoCougs!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11340

Seattle Seahawks are fools. Bad draft choice in my opinion. They should have taken Carimi to shore up their RT position. The guy they got may work at guard if we grab the Raiders RT in a trade.

For all you people who think Locker is going to be a stud.......how/why do you think this. He has sucked for his entire career. There is no arguing this point. He a great kid and a great athelete. Accuracy is something you have naturally, like when you are a kid throwing the ball in the back yard. It isn't something that magically appears after you get drafted in the NFL.

jwbjwbjwb12
    jwbjwbjwb12's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice call on locker...that was a good play