The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Did Dallas backers get screwed?

I'm sure you all saw that DeSean Jackson didn't cross the plane and fumbled the ball. If it's a fumble, the ball is obviously live, and I saw one of the Dallas defenders pick up the ball. Realistically, Philly shouldn't have gotten the ball back and Westbrook wouldn't have gotten the TD. That's 7 points right there. Dallas won by 4. In my opinion, that really sucks for Dallas backers. How can the refs rule a fumble a dead ball and give it back to Philly? That doesn't make any sense...

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

same reason they did it in the sd/den game, cause the play was whistled dead

bluexselvedge
    bluexselvedge's Avatar Become A Pro!

romo screwed dallas backers with that fumble in the endzone

thejrichshow85
    ban
    thejrichshow85's Avatar Become A Pro!

WSPanicKC
    WSPanicKC's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would love to complain, but after getting a push on that DEN game, which resulted in pushing a 1.5 unit bet and allowing me to hit a 2 team parlay (would have been 3), I can never complain about deserving to cover something again.

Had I been on SD, as I know a lot obviously were, I would still be irate.

So, Romo's stupid fumble and the inexplicable lack of picking up the ball on the DeSean TD will have to be accepted by me for this week.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

In the end, Dallas was rather lucky just to win the game outright, so my answer to the original question would be NO, Philly deserved the cover.

arpeggiomeister
    arpeggiomeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2918

I knew this was a dangerous game to bet on so I stayed away from it. I considered betting the over but chickened out... ...now I'm bummed.

In the end I feel I made the right decision. There are a lot of people that played the Eagles and I congratulate them. I do not consider myself skilled enough to bet on a game like this. This game could have easily gone the other way. Critical mistakes by both teams.

I don't think anyone got robbed. It was the most exciting game I've seen this year. A wild display of sheer offensive power. Highly entertaining.

Robust
    Losing
    Robust's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by arpeggiomeister View Post
    I knew this was a dangerous game to bet on so I stayed away from it. I considered betting the over but chickened out... ...now I'm bummed.

In the end I feel I made the right decision. There are a lot of people that played the Eagles and I congratulate them. I do not consider myself skilled enough to bet on a game like this. This game could have easily gone the other way. Critical mistakes by both teams.

I don't think anyone got robbed. It was the most exciting game I've seen this year. A wild display of sheer offensive power. Highly entertaining.
    yup! hell of a game..

i predicted the 'boys would start screwing up as they were way too wild.. but it made the game soooo much better.

Robust

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

Philly deserved the cover
    dallas d sucked sweaty balls

Tsoprano
    Tsoprano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 245

2nd half cowboys spread canceled my game loss out.

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Kid View Post
    I'm sure you all saw that DeSean Jackson didn't cross the plane and fumbled the ball. If it's a fumble, the ball is obviously live, and I saw one of the Dallas defenders pick up the ball. Realistically, Philly shouldn't have gotten the ball back and Westbrook wouldn't have gotten the TD. That's 7 points right there. Dallas won by 4. In my opinion, that really sucks for Dallas backers. How can the refs rule a fumble a dead ball and give it back to Philly? That doesn't make any sense...
    it was ruled a backward pass after the review, which wouldve been a live ball (like a fumble) if it had been not been originally ruled a touchdown. so by rule when overturning the call in that situation, where the backward pass lands is where the ball is dead.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Dallas' player did not pick the ball up, at least not quick enough. It sat there. If they did and tried a return, I'm pretty sure they would have been awarded the ball at the spot they picked the ball up after the replay.

The rule change two years ago allows the defense to recover the a fumble if they clearly recover it when the whistle blows.

losturmarbles
    losturmarbles's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    Dallas' player did not pick the ball up, at least not quick enough. It sat there. If they did and tried a return, I'm pretty sure they would have been awarded the ball at the spot they picked the ball up after the replay.

The rule change two years ago allows the defense to recover the a fumble if they clearly recover it when the whistle blows.
    it wasnt ruled a fumble though

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Why do guys always whine when they lose? Give credit to the Eagles for keeping the game close and all Philly backers. I had Dallas like everybody else. I should have just taken the Over.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

These games are crazy every week, I guess you win some and lose some.

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

everyone is ripping the dallas d
    they allowed 7 pts in 2h
    and 14 of the pts in 1h were off romos turnovers

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I was on dallas for a unit and I don't think i got screwed. . . can;t give up that many points and make that many turnovers and expect to cover a touchdown spread.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Quote Originally Posted by Tchocky View Post
    Why do guys always whine when they lose? Give credit to the Eagles for keeping the game close and all Philly backers. I had Dallas like everybody else. I should have just taken the Over.
    I'm not whining. I'm asking a question. Personally, I stayed away from the game, so it doesn't even matter. I just wanted to spark a topic of interest and see how everyone responds.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Phillys D played rotten. Dallas could have scored at least 3 more TD's if not for drops and of course that M Barber incompletion on 3rd down on a Philly blitz that would have ended the game and cover. I had Philly and never felt good about it. Dallas is the real deal despite Romo's woes.

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Both defenses embarrassed themselves IMO and exposed their weakness. Dallas was very lucky to escape that game with a win. Sure did provide viewer entertainment though.

And why are we still discussing this game? Let it go folks.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

In the SD game, there was a clear cut BS call that should have ended the game; people have every right to complain here.

It always annoys me when people point to a play that happens with plenty of time left in the game and then say "see, Dallas would have won by ____". No, the game would have been completely different. Whats to say Dallas doesn't get stopped and Philly doesn't score again?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by usckingsfan31 View Post
    In the SD game, there was a clear cut BS call that should have ended the game; people have every right to complain here.

It always annoys me when people point to a play that happens with plenty of time left in the game and then say "see, Dallas would have won by ____". No, the game would have been completely different. Whats to say Dallas doesn't get stopped and Philly doesn't score again?
    games are not decided on 1 play. . . SD should not be complaing about teh refs making a mistake(they happen). . . IF i was norv turner I'd be complaining about my defense giving up that many yards and points. . .

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    games are not decided on 1 play. . . SD should not be complaing about teh refs making a mistake(they happen). . . IF i was norv turner I'd be complaining about my defense giving up that many yards and points. . .
    Agreed, in BOTH SD games, they are the ones guilty of letting the game stay that close and get to that point.

The point I was making is simply that it is a FACT that if the refs call that correctly and call it a fumble recovery, SD kneels out the clock and wins. That is what would have happened, nothing else was possible (unless you want to say they could fumble during the kneel, but whatever). So yes, SD did lose the game on alot more plays then just that one; but IF that play goes SD's way, they WIN, PERIOD. SD ML wins 100% of the time.

If the Cowboys get the call, FUMBLE, recovered by the Cowboys, you now have a 30 - 31 football game with 14 minutes to go between two rivals that have been moving the ball at will. It is absurd to believe that the Cowboys -7 wins anywhere close to 100%.

$$POOLCRAZY$$$$
    $$POOLCRAZY$$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Mcnabs double clutch fumble at the end of the game gave the game to dallas..Big D dont even deserve a win for all da screw ups in that mezmerizing game!!

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36693

Shit happens
    Last edited by cobra_king; 09-17-08 at 02:27 PM.