Brady2Moss
    Brady2Moss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone else think the Steelers/Browns Game was Rigged?

I had a feeling about half way through the game that it was rigged in favor of CLE +6.5...

Some very "fortunate" calls/penalties in favor for the Browns in this game, it looked quite obvious to me...

And yes I had Steelers -6.5, but I also had Steelers -3.5 (thank god I BOUGHT POINTS)

From now on, I will only play NFL ML since your own team can screw you ATS in this league (very frustrating)

txsholdempro
    txsholdempro's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol every1 has an excuse when they lose, what calls?

MickChunky
    Dillishaw +715!
    MickChunky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

I hate NFL conspiracy theories. Today I saw some of the worst, most one sided officiating ever. Jets/NE, SD/DEN and PITT/Clev all were weird and very poorly officiated.

Brady2Moss

SD / DEN was probably the worst I have ever seen, and I have seen quite abit of BS lately.

ertl09
    ertl09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

don't want to get off topic, but how about that fresno/wisconsin game last night the officiating was horrible and overturned a call that nobody thought was close to overturn .

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

man, i had browns ml and sd and i know these games arent rigged
    seriously, if you think games are rigged, dont bet , ever
    or, if you bet every game equally, you should win 50% of the rigged games

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanXL977 View Post
    if you think games are rigged, dont bet , ever
    Exactly!

When I go to the track I hear the same thing, "it's fixed".

Only a fool would bet on something they believe is rigged.

I watched a race today $200,000 purse and the favourite got beat (finished 2nd) then I hear this guy talking about how the race was fixed, the favourite "didn't wan't to win".

No ,the owner/trainer/jockey/groom/jocks agent didn't want the winners share ($120,000) they wanted the second prize ($40,000), because its all about getting /LESS!

Some of these horseplayers have no clue how much time/effort/money go into getting a horse to compete and race, it aint easy, and the name of the game is trying/winning, NOT BETTING on your horse!

On the other hand if the Pitt/Cle game was fixed, I appreciate the effort! I played UNDER 43.5 and had the final leg of a teaser cash with UNDER 53.5

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Games aren't rigged.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

yea that DEN SD game was bad, great for me cause i was on DEN

peepshow9
    peepshow9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1556

No

The game was just extremely sloppy, remanents of the skins game week 1 very poor playing and 1 sided, I had the browns +6 and honestly didnt think it would hold up, happy ne way, the playing conditions were poor as well, The browns need a coach that can manage a dam clock as well.

ccooper03
    ccooper03's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rigged / Clock Management

"The browns need a coach that can manage a dam clock."

Here Here . . . He was as bad as MN.

As far as rigged - No way.

Scamando
    Scamando's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ertl09 View Post
    don't want to get off topic, but how about that fresno/wisconsin game last night the officiating was horrible and overturned a call that nobody thought was close to overturn .
    Yeah that was rediculous. The WAC is WACK. Bunch of crooked assholes..... Makes you wonder why so many respected programs always back out of going to Fresno State.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

football is harder to rig

does happen in basketball alot

icemantbi
    icemantbi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Game was fishy as hell tonight. Kicking that FG made no sense when they need a TD to tie. And for those who don't think games are rigged, you should check out this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Fix-Soccer-Org.../dp/0771041381

It's about soccer, but that can translate into other sports as well. Just started reading it, very good book. The author has spoken to guy in a huge asian mob syndicate that rigged a World Cup game. So, yes, it happens. It's part of gambling we just have to deal with.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

Oh yea soccer soccer has problems with that shit too

anyone remember the italy scandal a few years back????

Cronell is an idiot, he would kick the field goal

last week vs dallas down 21 4th qrt he kicks a field goal on 4rh and 2

he is just an idiot

Brady2Moss

But why didnt the steelers kick the FG on 4th down when they are only up by 4?

To prevent a "blocked kick", your telling me you have that little faith in your kicking team to make a 35 yard field goal to put you up by a TD late in the game? Especially after you have pounded that D-line all night/drive long and you think they are gunna block a FG?

I dont know about you but that has rigged all over it.

Brady2Moss

Also, any moron who thinks professional sports are not rigged to some degree is a moron, look at the NBA we have proof that it is rigged, why not the NFL?

Look at the SD @ DEN game today, at 2 times the Charges got screwed out of their minds to prevent them from winning. NFL refs dont make that much money, do you think anyone could resist a payout of millions (NON TAXED) from the mob if they want you to throw a game?

Greed runs this world people, not morals or ethics... That crap goes right down the drain when a suitcase full of Benji's are on the table.

Brady2Moss

The public was ALL over Steelers -6 so it was obviously in the favor of the books to have this game rigged, not to mention its a Sunday night game, where everyone tries to double down and get some action on the game. All I can say is Im never betting a SNF/MNF/High profile game again.

Ill stick to my Raiders @ Chiefs games thank you very much.

ChiGuy23
    ChiGuy23's Avatar Become A Pro!

but on the reverse side of that, we all know of the fishy shit that goes on in MAC and WAC games (proven!)....not just high profile games, its everywhere......or so it seems.

Brady2Moss

Sure, game fixing is a problem, but if you can find an angle where you are consistently on the RIGHT side of the fix, then you can make insane profit...

Just think, the books probably are the ones behind game fixing, they have soo much money and power that they can buy people out easily. So I think betting against the public when they have a team heavily favored on SNF or MNF is probably the right play, I made a thread to track this trend, I plan on tracking this on NBA games also. Since we all know the NBA is rigged.

Sforz
    SBR CHAT KING!
    Sforz's Avatar Become A Pro!

had he kicked that FG.. a lot of people would have woken up a lot happier today.

Salcas
    Salcas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Deff rigged...Romeo had under 7 for the Browns 2nd half unlike me..

arpeggiomeister
    arpeggiomeister's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2918

Quote Originally Posted by Brady2Moss View Post
    Also, any moron who thinks professional sports are not rigged to some degree is a moron, look at the NBA we have proof that it is rigged, why not the NFL?

Look at the SD @ DEN game today, at 2 times the Charges got screwed out of their minds to prevent them from winning. NFL refs dont make that much money, do you think anyone could resist a payout of millions (NON TAXED) from the mob if they want you to throw a game?

Greed runs this world people, not morals or ethics... That crap goes right down the drain when a suitcase full of Benji's are on the table.
    I am with you. I had the good fortune to stay away from SD vs DEN, but was not so fortunate with PIT vs CLE.

The Broncos fumble... ...hard to believe that was anything but rigged.

I fully agree with you, greed runs the world. Where ever there is big money, corruption is not far behind. Sportsbetting is a 200 billion dollar a year industry. Books make money when the underdog wins. (beats the spread) Hard to believe that books would not at least attempt to pad someone's pockets to make a profit.

Lobbyists do this in Washington by paying off politicians. Insider trading occurs all the time in the stock market. If those of you who hold mutual funds knew about the practice of "window dressing" you might think twice about investing in them. These companies will dump the dog stocks off from their portfolios just before they are required to report to the public. After they have sent out their prospectus they then pick these stocks back up. This creates a huge opportunity for those who know about it. (mostly insiders) Mutual funds are large enough to vastly affect the price of a stock. When they dump the stock the price takes a nose dive. When they pick it back up the price jumps. Insiders will buy put options on the way down, and call options on the way up. This move amounts to millions of dollars in their pockets, while the shareholders in the fund make nothing. The shareholders actually lose because they are charged a commission everytime a stock is bought and sold.

I have no doubts that all major sports are susceptible to this kind of practice. It remains up to us to outthink them. Easier said than done, for certain.

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

But why didnt the steelers kick the FG on 4th down when they are only up by 4?

To prevent a "blocked kick", your telling me you have that little faith in your kicking team to make a 35 yard field goal to put you up by a TD late in the game? Especially after you have pounded that D-line all night/drive long and you think they are gunna block a FG?

I dont know about you but that has rigged all over it.
    i totally agree with this comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!f ucked me as well

harsh506
    harsh506's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Shannahan also went for 2 if that saying somthin.........

arpeggiomeister

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post
    Exactly!

I watched a race today $200,000 purse and the favourite got beat (finished 2nd) then I hear this guy talking about how the race was fixed, the favourite "didn't wan't to win".

No ,the owner/trainer/jockey/groom/jocks agent didn't want the winners share ($120,000) they wanted the second prize ($40,000), because its all about getting /LESS!

Some of these horseplayers have no clue how much time/effort/money go into getting a horse to compete and race, it aint easy, and the name of the game is trying/winning, NOT BETTING on your horse!

On the other hand if the Pitt/Cle game was fixed, I appreciate the effort! I played UNDER 43.5 and had the final leg of a teaser cash with UNDER 53.5
    Good job!! I normally play teasers, but I didn't on this one and paid the price. Guess it's back to teasers for me next week.

arpeggiomeister

Quote Originally Posted by harsh506 View Post
    Shannahan also went for 2 if that saying somthin.........
    Didn't think about that... ...good point.

Brady2Moss

Shannahan is a really agressive coach tho, and he didnt want to go into OT because he knew his team wasnt good enough to beat the Chargers at that point (they had too much momentum)

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Shannahan is a really agressive coach tho, and he didnt want to go into OT because he knew his team wasnt good enough to beat the Chargers at that point (they had too much momentum)
    Or Shanny was in on the rig and he knew the two point conversion would be good!!!!

Seriously, if you think the games are rigged - don't bet. It's as simple as that, really!

Doc

Bigcrank23
    Bigcrank23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post
    Exactly!

I dont believe that pro sports is rigged, but horse racing? I worked at Laurel race track for 8 years and saw some very crooked shit go on there. Not saying every horse race is fixed but this is one sport that has a very shady background, even more so with trotters. Still love horse racing though

Bigcrank23
    Bigcrank23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Peepshow9, time to change your avatar,got dibs on this 1st

arpeggiomeister

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcrank23 View Post
    I dont believe that pro sports is rigged, but horse racing? I worked at Laurel race track for 8 years and saw some very crooked shit go on there. Not saying every horse race is fixed but this is one sport that has a very shady background, even more so with trotters. Still love horse racing though

I can understand your point of view, but from what I have seen, anything that involves big money usually is tainted by corruption to a lesser or greater degree. I still invest in the stock market and I know that Wall Street is corrupt as hell!!! Corruption is everywhere. You can't avoid it, so you might as well capitalize on it... ...if you can.