Nin81
    Nin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

A newbie at SBR and Fantasy Football

Hey,

Im pretty new here, but even if I have had time to air some opinions already on the forum I havent introduced myself here yet. So here goes - Lovely meeting y'all!

I do have a little question though that I thought this forum might have some experts on.. Its regarding Fantasy Football. My work is setting up a league and its more or less obligatory to participate (or you'll get to hear about it for the rest of the season.... )

So I am about to set up my team.. Problem is, I need to learn a bit more about a) Fantasy Football, b) NFL before that can happen... Therefore I just wanted to see if anyone here could offer any advice, tips, tricks and good suggestions on the matter?

Thanks!

jds07v
    jds07v's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

It depends on the league scoring. If its a point per reception league (PPR) you obviously should change your strategy to accomodate guys that catch more passes.

Look at the scoring system, how many of each position you have to start ect. Quarterbacks will score the most points in a standard league, but the dropoff between QB #1 and QB #17 is the least of any position. I never draft a QB before the 6th round. If there are quality RB's out there, I will go RB,RB in rounds 1 and 2. If I have a sandwich pick (1st or last pick) I might go Receiver at one of those in order to snag a Andre Johnson type.

I had the 3rd overall pick in my league this year and my first 3 picks were Maurice Jones Drew, Roddy White and Brandon Marshall. I then snagged Ronnie Brown in the 4th and went from there. Got Matt Ryan in the 7th and Justin Forsett/Caddillac Williams in the 8th and 9th.